gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:45:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Airplane is about two lovers coming down from an acid trip  (Read 7749 times)
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2015, 01:34:33 AM »

Cool Guy

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 01:38:56 AM »

You keep thinkin' Butch, that's what you're good at.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
halblaineisgood
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 01:41:47 AM »

it's about taking sedatives during a plane ride- and the excellent mix these sedatives make with the previous night's amphetamines. Also, it's about honkin' down the air highway.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 01:44:19 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 01:46:36 AM »

it's about taking sedatives during a plane ride- and the excellent mix these sedatives make with the previous night's amphetamines. Also, it's about honkin' down the (air) highway.

Nice observations, this is what the twofer liner notes should have read like.
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 02:36:54 AM »

Still think "honking down the highway" is an allusion to ejaculation also, especially with Al taking it "one inch at a time" and all.

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 03:41:04 AM »

Another intriguing case is Roller Skating Child. According to Brian it is "a vision of someone that could rollerskate and would like to rollerskate". Makes perfect sense to me!
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 06:57:48 AM »

"Mona" = "Moaner". Get with it people!

"A/S/L"?
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 07:14:02 AM »

And "Love is a Woman" is about Mike Love's issues with gender identity.

Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 08:09:43 AM »

And "Love is a Woman" is about Mike Love's issues with gender identity.
I don't think Brian ever told Mike what "Love is a Woman" was about.

"A/S/L"?
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 08:09:58 AM »

Still think "honking down the highway" is an allusion to ejaculation also, especially with Al taking it "one inch at a time" and all.
Quzi, were you wanking as you were writing this? Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 09:28:03 AM »

Only when he listens to Cockamo.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 09:29:34 AM »

Anyone wanking over anything connected to Al Jardine is just wrong.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 09:50:31 AM »

And what of the Cheese Pizza? Huh  What's the REAL story there?  Evil

No wait.  DON'T answer that.  police

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 09:59:51 AM »

And what of the Cheese Pizza? Huh  What's the REAL story there?  Evil

No wait.  DON'T answer that.  police
You asked for it...

The next sequel to American Pie ..... American Pizza. LOL
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 10:23:59 AM »

Pro tip: Avoid Alfredo pizza when Mike's involved.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 10:26:55 AM »

"WWGP?"- what would ghost post?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
schiaffino
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 10:44:50 AM »

Some funny stuff in this thread  LOL

I agree that HDTH has obvious sexual connotations, Brian is a genius in making it all sound cool and laid-back.

Now a couple of questions I've always had:
  • Why would Brian write about flying in an airplane when he was so afraid of flying? He makes the whole experience sound nice and easy. Is it really about an acid trip?
  • Why was I'll bet he's nice given to Dennis for the opening lines? I think its a wonderful song that could have used some Al (sorry he has the best voice in the band). Did Brian downplay the potential of this song with the production he chose? The demo is so much cooler
  • Who thought Good time made sense in this album? Why?Huh Why??? I love that song but I skip it when I play Love You, it damages the flow
  • How can we convince Brian to release a box set of this album? Or play it live? He said in the Q&A he was considering it. Can we mount an online campaign? Maybe on petitions.org? This is for the benefit of mankind!

"Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray...it might come true
Baby then there wouldn't be a single thing we couldn't do..."
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 10:50:19 AM »

I agree that HDTH has obvious sexual connotations, Brian is a genius in making it all sound cool and laid-back.

• Why would Brian write about flying in an airplane when he was so afraid of flying? He makes the whole experience sound nice and easy. Is it really about an acid trip?
  • How can we convince Brian to release a box set of this album? Or play it live? He said in the Q&A he was considering it. Can we mount an online campaign? Maybe on petitions.org? This is for the benefit of mankind!

If Brian is scared to fly, he's sure not showing it with his latest Facebook posts coming home from Germany

Perhaps you can start a Kickstarter fund to pay for the Album compilation/ fund a tour( since half his crowd won't go, as they claim to hate Love You; LOSERS!!!  All of them )

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 10:55:16 AM »

If Brian is scared to fly, he's sure not showing it with his latest Facebook posts coming home from Germany

I think that's why schiaffino said "was so afraid of flying" not "is"

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 11:17:16 AM »

I think that's why schiaffino said "was so afraid of flying" not "is"

whatever...  where's the proof he WAS scared of flying?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 03:08:13 PM »

Perhaps Brian was relieving stress of flying.  Maybe he was talking to Landy about the freak out in '64 and he told him to write about it.  I honestly think the laid-back feel of the song was to contrast the stress that came with flying at the time.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong about his fear of flying and his freak-out was due to other issues.

Huh
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 03:32:53 PM »

Weird thread.  Tongue
SBonilla
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 03:36:47 PM »

Weird thread.  Tongue

More stupid than weird.
schiaffino
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 05:13:59 AM »

Weird thread.  Tongue

More stupid than weird.

Posting here implies we're both weird and stupid. It's a precondition to be a BBs obsessed fan  LOL

"Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray...it might come true
Baby then there wouldn't be a single thing we couldn't do..."
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 07:08:00 AM »

Weird thread.  Tongue

More stupid than weird.

Posting here implies we're both weird and stupid. It's a precondition to be a BBs obsessed fan  LOL

Yes I suppose you're right about that  LOL
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx