gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 12:22:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys on 2012 Grammys  (Read 5554 times)
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 04:14:29 PM »

Found this article today in my newsfeed, by Al Jardine's collaborator Larry Dvoskin:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-dvoskin/my-best-grammy-moments-me_b_6643202.html

MY BEST GRAMMY MOMENTS -- MEETING THE BEATLES & BEACH BOYS!
Posted:  2/9/2015

So... Sir Paul has handlers, huh?

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 04:58:01 PM »

Most of the current music still sucks and will never stand the test of time...

The way I see it is that some people always like popular music, some people like popular music from a particular time period, and some people spend their whole lives never liking popular music. And, in truth, none of it will stand the test of time but some may stick around a little longer than the others.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 05:06:07 PM by Chocolate Shake Man » Logged
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 05:19:02 PM »

True really...the 'test of time' I refer to is limited exactly to the lifetime of whoever the listener happens to be.

There was a time when people would be able to finally relate to others...this accomplished while sitting on the verandah/porch and remembering cultural events, music, movies, TV shows...etc.

Now?  What will the future old-age/seniors relate to 40-50-60 years from now?  Justin Beiber?  Survivor?  Katy Perry's 'Super Bowl tiger?  Bruce Jenner?  Fragmentation?  Is it all about variety or is it more about dividing the masses?  And is that a bad thing? Huh

There are more questions than answers...and the more that I find out...the less I know.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 10:15:14 PM »

True really...the 'test of time' I refer to is limited exactly to the lifetime of whoever the listener happens to be.

There was a time when people would be able to finally relate to others...this accomplished while sitting on the verandah/porch and remembering cultural events, music, movies, TV shows...etc.

Now?  What will the future old-age/seniors relate to 40-50-60 years from now?  Justin Beiber?  Survivor?  Katy Perry's 'Super Bowl tiger?  Bruce Jenner?  Fragmentation?  Is it all about variety or is it more about dividing the masses?  And is that a bad thing? Huh

There are more questions than answers...and the more that I find out...the less I know.

You sound like Don Henley now

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2015, 10:38:40 PM »

one of the homes built on one of the lots has been featured on both ghost hunters and ghost adventures.

I thought that would be the case! I think it was the "Ghost Hunters" or one or more other crews from similar shows that came to my area as well to film inside the location I mentioned earlier. I think that was before they started selling tickets and doing the Halloween schtick there. After hearing "Monster Mash" ad nauseum, along with prop chainsaws revving up at 5-minute intervals each night from September to November, I'm betting the actual ghosts may have said "f*** this, we're outta here" and split.  LOL

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2015, 06:02:31 PM »

I would love to read more about the opinions and experiences of backing band members and regulars with  both Mike and Brian's bands.     My personal experience in talking to a few of these guys is that they are a bit tight lipped just maybe to cover their asses.    most of them are just  trying to make a living on boats that are easily rocked, it seems.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx