gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 11:14:06 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Great North American radio stations? ?  (Read 1729 times)
cablegeddon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2015, 09:21:20 AM »

I need your help, me and my buddies are going on a road trip in a couple of weeks, I'm looking for any great or just refreshing radio stations.

we are driving:
Pittsburgh to Chicago to Seattle to san Francisco to san Diego to Phoenix.

I'm looking for any.obscure or.just great radio stations. I suspect there's alot of great classic country stations from san Diego to phoenix on am radio.. I bet there are great oldies stations all along the trip.

is there a grunge station in Seattle?

a gay music station in san Francisco?

black music station.Chicago?

Brian Wilson fan since august 2011
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 11:51:00 AM »

So when you hear about or read about or think about "San Francisco", you automatically think "Gay"?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 04:32:08 PM »

So when you hear about or read about or think about "San Francisco", you automatically think "Gay"?

...I usually think about wearin' flowers in my hair...either that or the Dead Kennedys...
SBonilla
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 06:15:36 PM »

In the Bay Area, I'd check out stations at the bottom end of the FM dial. They are mostly college or community stations (non-commercial). KALX, Berkeley; KUSF, SF; KPFA/B, Berkeley; KJFC, Mtn. View. If you go towards Sacramento there is KDVS, Davis. There are others...check out that part of the dial, wherever you go.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 09:25:13 PM »

At night, all along the east coast you can pick up "The Air Castle of the South" WSM Radio, 650 AM.  Oldest country station in the U.S.  It's a clearchannel station, so the signal is CRAZY strong at night.  The government set up the clear channel stations way back in the day as a way to broadcast in the case of an emergency to the entire country via radio... so at dusk, the regulations require channels that aren't clear channels to turn their wattage down, and for the clear channel stations to crank it up!  So you can pick the signal up all along the east coast depending on how clear the skies are and what elevation you're at. 
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 07:54:06 PM »

is there a grunge station in Seattle?

a gay music station in san Francisco?

black music station.Chicago?

New Age radio in Santa Fe.

All songs about beer and cheese radio in Milwaukee.

All plastic surgery talk in LA.

And yes I always listen to KGAY when I am in San Fran...

Sheesh!

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx