gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:30:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Am Brian Wilson: New Autobiography  (Read 73343 times)
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 30, 2015, 08:57:22 AM »

For um, fans of the band who might want to see them one last time while they can?

If those fans defended Mike's decision back in 2012 they should have thought of this at the time.

You can of course still see them one last time - just not together. Mike and Bruce fans get to see Mike and Bruce, Brian fans get to see Brian, those who are like both bands get to see both. And we see the music presented differently. What does it matter if they are not on the same stage? It DOES matter, however, for those who like the way Brian presents the music better than the way the Beach Boys present it.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 30, 2015, 08:57:50 AM »

Not a conspiracy theory, just an observation. I noticed what Ang noticed as well, that among the everyday banter and conversations there seemed to be an upswing recently in calls for or discussions about another band reunion, let's get down to brass tacks about this too: Getting Brian and Mike on the same stage or the same tour. Why now? As I already said, Mike is touring non-stop on his terms which I'm assuming is what those fans wanted who defended some of his reasons for C50 shutting down in 2012. Remember that? Back into the end dates and wanting to get back to the way he had been doing it for years prior to C50...that was what some groups of fans said on this board among others when some of the reasons for the end of C50 perhaps didn't seem to agree with each other.

Now there are calls for another reunion? You had one! Mike wanted to go back to his way of touring with his band lineup, fans were saying that's the way it should be, that's what was agreed to going into C50...that's exactly what you got! Taken on face value from comments made at the time, there were three Beach Boys from that stage who said publicly they'd like to keep it going, maybe do more shows under the C50 lineup. There was one Beach Boy who wanted to go back to the way it was pre-reunion. A lot of fans defended the latter.

And that's exactly what they got. If the "reunion" beyond the C50 dates was ever more of an actual realistic possibility, it was when the actual reunion was generating the best publicity and most buzz this band had seen in years and demand was at the highest.

It's hard to figure out why some made such strong defenses of the decisions made then to go back to the way it was and forgo any reunion offers or shows (and anything else included), yet now after they got what they wanted and after Brian just played a successful tour and Mike is doing what he wanted to do after C50 and fans defended him for doing it...we want everything to stop so another reunion can happen? For who, for what?
GF - this could theoretically be a BRI reunion and not the "special entity" created for C50. That was what I was thinking or really speculating just to myself, until the issue was raised in this thread.  

C50 was a "generic" get-together celebration of the work.  During the times of separate and independent band work, much has been accomplished.  

This L&M movie, on a 20 year back burner needed to happen.  And, it's larger message of "getting help where it is needed" is not just about Brian Wilson.  It is having the ability to have tunnel vision and go out on that limb for another human.  It is universal for those families facing medical predators.  I'm still blown away with those obstacles that had to be overcome in the process.  I give Melinda a lot of credit for this.  

Pet Sounds with its' amazing BB vocals, is so significant in the world of music that perhaps it merits this.  And much of this music was performed by Carl's band, over decades.  

But, I do believe in upholding contracts.  And status quo ante.  No one likes a cancelled tour.  Sometimes the right thing is not the popular thing, or the one that makes the most money.

It could only happen if they all deigned it.  But, it merits a separate thread topic.  Wink
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 30, 2015, 08:59:04 AM »

I think the Mike partisans were deceived by their guy at the time -- thought he was serious about wanting to get it back together after a rest -- and are now becoming alarmed because it looks like most of us who supported Brian all along were accurate. Mike f***ed this one up, and he wanted to f*** it up, and he's planning on f***ing it up until it can't be f***ed any longer.

So they're trying to pressure Brian to make it better, to deflect the responsibility or blame. Sorry guys. That ship has sailed, and it's likely not coming around again. A pity in some ways yes, for the brand, for all the new fans who could have been gained and the new record made.

But the paths are set now.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:52:32 AM by Wirestone » Logged
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 30, 2015, 09:12:22 AM »

I think the Mike partisans were deceived by their guy at the time -- thought he was serious about wanting to get it back together after a rest -- and are now becoming alarmed because it looks like most of us who supported Brian all along were accurate. Mike f***ed this one up, and he wanted to f*** it up, and he's planning on f***ing it up until it can't be f***ed any longer.

So they're trying to pressure Brian to make it better, to deflect the responsibility or blame. Sorry guys. That ship has sailed, and it's likely not coming around again. A pity in some ways yes, for the brand, for all the new fans who could have been gained and the new record made.

But the paths are set now. No amount of wailing or gnashing of teeth will make Brian get in bed with a viper again.

^^^ Well written Wirestone.

If Love and Mercy teaches anything, by using those time shifts it showed three people who tried to control Brian to a lesser or greater extent: Murry, Mike and Landy.

Pet Sounds would have had amazing vocals if Brian had done them all on his own. It was Brian's and Tony Asher's creation with a few lyrical additions from Mike and one traditional song which Brian arranged.

Love and Mercy wasn't JUST about Brian's battle with Landy. The other period of time they picked was obviously chosen for a reason. And now we are supposed to want Mike to celebrate Brian's "ego music".
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:14:48 AM by Ang Jones » Logged
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 30, 2015, 09:23:00 AM »

But the paths are set now. No amount of wailing or gnashing of teeth will make Brian get in bed with a viper again.

If Love and Mercy teaches anything, by using those time shifts it showed three people who tried to control Brian to a lesser or greater extent: Murry, Mike and Landy.

Pet Sounds would have had amazing vocals if Brian had done them all on his own. It was Brian's and Tony Asher's creation with a few lyrical additions from Mike and one traditional song which Brian arranged.

Love and Mercy wasn't JUST about Brian's battle with Landy. The other period of time they picked was obviously chosen for a reason. And now we are supposed to want Mike to clebrate Brian's "ego music".
Ang - I disagree with your L&M take. Melinda had a judge's order to overcome and an attorney general who refused to assist Brian.  And doctors who would have had to sign on to the court petitions. She had no legal "standing" to contest this without getting her hands on the subsequent "Landy" will. She wasn't a family member or spouse.

Pet Sounds Sessions tells it's own story. No Carl? It is the " blend" vocally, from genetically similar vocal cords that makes it almost unique. It is utter disrespect to Carl and Dennis.

Mike does not come across as a controller in any way shape or form, in my opinion.  Quite the opposite, in my opinion. Inquiring about what was being shifted (also a question from the Capitol execs) was well within his purview.  And Brian's synergy working with Mike on GV makes that quite clear.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:26:27 AM by filledeplage » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: July 30, 2015, 09:25:43 AM »

The title of the album and the book have a certain feeling of sub text. Did they get the I Am Brian Wilson from that quote of Brian's? "They are the Beach Boys but I am Brian Wilson"? That quote certainly emphasises Brian's individuality, Brian's right to acceptance in his own right. Had John Lennon not already used that title, and had Brian been writing the book himslef, this  (In His Own Write) might have been a good alternative.

Leonard Nimoy also used it - as I Am Spock - in 1995. Exactly twenty years after he'd written a book entitled I Am Not Spock.  Cheesy

As for No Pier Pressure, that's not Brian's title. His daughter Daria came up with it.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 30, 2015, 09:26:52 AM »

Or there are those who are saying the same thing they've been sayin' all along - if everybody's up for it, why not? If someone, be it Brian, Al or Mike don't want to, then don't.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 30, 2015, 09:35:32 AM »

Love and Mercy wasn't JUST about Brian's battle with Landy. The other period of time they picked was obviously chosen for a reason. And now we are supposed to want Mike to clebrate Brian's "ego music".
Ang - I disagree with your L&M take. Melinda had a judge's order to overcome and an attorney general who refused to assist Brian.  And doctors who would have had to sign on to the court petitions. She had no legal "standing" to contest this without getting her hands on the subsequent "Landy" will. She wasn't a family member or spouse.

Pet Sounds Sessions tells it's own story. No Carl? It is the " blend" vocally, from genetically similar vocal cords that makes it almost unique. It is utter disrespect to Carl and Dennis.

Mike does not come across as a controller in any way shape or form, in my opinion.  Inquiring about what was being shifted (also a question from the Capitol execs) was well within his purview.  And Brian's synergy working with Mike on GV makes that quite clear.

If it was just about Landy's treatment of Brian, why include the making of Pet Sounds at all? Mike came off light in the film IMO but there was clear reference to Brian arguing how he couldn't just do songs about cars and surfing forever.  I am not suggesting that Mike's behaviour equalled Landy's or Murry's but Mike wanted Brian to stick with that successful formula and do that ironic thing for a Beach Boy of not make waves.

I am not disrespectful of Dennis or Carl. Carl had a beautiful voice. Dennis was probably the most loyal of all the Beach Boys to his brother Brian. Dennis' voice was also good early on and even later was emotive, equally suited to rock and to romantic ballads.  But I do believe that Brian could have handled the vocals on his own had he wanted to.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:38:21 AM by Ang Jones » Logged
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 30, 2015, 09:44:53 AM »

Mike does not come across as a controller in any way shape or form, in my opinion.  Inquiring about what was being shifted (also a question from the Capitol execs) was well within his purview.  And Brian's synergy working with Mike on GV makes that quite clear.

If it was just about Landy's treatment of Brian, why include the making of Pet Sounds at all? Mike came off light in the film IMO but there was clear reference to Brian arguing how he couldn't just do songs about cars and surfing forever.  I am not suggesting that Mike's behaviour equalled Landy's or Murry's but Mike wanted Brian to stick with that successful formula and do that ironic thing for a Beach Boy of not make waves.

I am not disrespectful of Dennis or Carl. Carl had a beautiful voice. Dennis was probably the most loyal of all the Beach Boys to his brother Brian. Dennis' voice was also good early on and even later was emotive, equally suited to rock and to romantic ballads.  But I do believe that Brian could have handled the vocals on his own had he wanted to.
iIRC - the formula thing originated from Capitol.

The "plan" as I have read, was that Brian would not tour, and write for them while they were touring and on the road. Their vocal work as a group should not be marginalized or minimized.
KDS
« Reply #184 on: July 30, 2015, 09:46:14 AM »

It's 1965.  You're the primary lead singer for the most successful band in America.  Your singles about girls, cars, & surfing are flying off the shelves.  

Then, you come home from tour to find a new album waiting for you that sounds like nothing your band has done before.  Wouldn't you be a little anxious about such a situation?  

Besides, Mike did come around.  He contributed to a lot of really good songs from 67-73 and, outside of Do It Again, none of them had anything to do with surfing or cars.  
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 30, 2015, 09:47:17 AM »

Or there are those who are saying the same thing they've been sayin' all along - if everybody's up for it, why not? If someone, be it Brian, Al or Mike don't want to, then don't.

The whole point is that so far the only people who are suggesting it may be on the cards are the fans. Brian's most recent comment is that there would be no reunion and that he didn't talk to Mike but you cannot tell people what they don't want to hear. They just say 'He'll say something different next week'. As he might but then again, he may say something else the week after.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 30, 2015, 09:52:38 AM »

It's 1965.  You're the primary lead singer for the most successful band in America.  Your singles about girls, cars, & surfing are flying off the shelves.  

Then, you come home from tour to find a new album waiting for you that sounds like nothing your band has done before.  Wouldn't you be a little anxious about such a situation?  

Besides, Mike did come around.  He contributed to a lot of really good songs from 67-73 and, outside of Do It Again, none of them had anything to do with surfing or cars.  
Exactement!  Wink
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 30, 2015, 09:58:27 AM »

I can understand that this was scary for the Beach Boys. However, many of the European fans found it easy enough to appreciate - Pet Sounds had a great reception in the UK. The Beach Boys didn't exist in a vacuum - Brian realised that the music scene was evolving rapidly and he had to keep up or be left behind. Had Brian not done what he did, I think the band could possibly have lost their relevance.

Mike contributed to songs between 1967-73. I cannot honestly claim that I think his contributions came even close to Brian's. I like Meant for You and Let the Wind Blow. Friends had quite a few contributions from Carl, Al, Dennis and others.  Hardly surprising they eschewed surfing for awhile. There was a different mood, more thoughtful, serious. Less carefree hedonism. I bet though that Mike was glad when the release of Endless Summer enabled him to go back to writing the things he seems to enjoy writing the most.
KDS
« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2015, 10:06:41 AM »

I can understand that this was scary for the Beach Boys. However, many of the European fans found it easy enough to appreciate - Pet Sounds had a great reception in the UK. The Beach Boys didn't exist in a vacuum - Brian realised that the music scene was evolving rapidly and he had to keep up or be left behind. Had Brian not done what he did, I think the band could possibly have lost their relevance.

Mike contributed to songs between 1967-73. I cannot honestly claim that I think his contributions came even close to Brian's. I like Meant for You and Let the Wind Blow. Friends had quite a few contributions from Carl, Al, Dennis and others.  Hardly surprising they eschewed surfing for awhile. There was a different mood, more thoughtful, serious. Less carefree hedonism. I bet though that Mike was glad when the release of Endless Summer enabled him to go back to writing the things he seems to enjoy writing the most.

Don't forget about All I Wanna Do, Don't Go Near the Water, All This is That, California Saga, etc. 

Look, I agree that Brian Wilson is the most talented of all The Beach Boys.  And I'm not saying that Mike Love doesn't have a tendency to put his foot in his mouth.  But, the bottom line is the guy made a lot of contributions to The Beach Boys.  Quality contributions.  And I think that tends to get lost in all the politics and bs that tends to go along with The Beach Boys universe.   
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 30, 2015, 10:46:00 AM »

Don't forget about All I Wanna Do, Don't Go Near the Water, All This is That, California Saga, etc. 

Look, I agree that Brian Wilson is the most talented of all The Beach Boys.  And I'm not saying that Mike Love doesn't have a tendency to put his foot in his mouth.  But, the bottom line is the guy made a lot of contributions to The Beach Boys.  Quality contributions.  And I think that tends to get lost in all the politics and bs that tends to go along with The Beach Boys universe.   

I don't forget that Mike made some good contributions: in fact All I Wanna Do is probably my favourite Mike Love lyric.  I'm not that impressed with Don't Go Near the Water or Big Sur though. All This is That is a gentle song.

As for the Beach Boys' vocals, mentioned by filledeplage, I am well aware that their vocals were wonderful. I listen often to the a cappella tracks and they are superb. Brian could do these things alone though. His voice isn't as deep as Mike's and Dennis' and doesn't have that feathery quality of Carl's but Brian's voice is still incredible. Listen to his four part harmony for Anton Figg. Brian is not dependent on the Beach Boys - just as well, as Dennis and Carl are sadly no longer with us and Mike and Bruce are older men, as is Brian, and their voices are not what they were.
KDS
« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2015, 10:50:40 AM »

I don't forget that Mike made some good contributions: in fact All I Wanna Do is probably my favourite Mike Love lyric.  I'm not that impressed with Don't Go Near the Water or Big Sur though. All This is That is a gentle song.

As for the Beach Boys' vocals, mentioned by filledeplage, I am well aware that their vocals were wonderful. I listen often to the a cappella tracks and they are superb. Brian could do these things alone though. His voice isn't as deep as Mike's and Dennis' and doesn't have that feathery quality of Carl's but Brian's voice is still incredible. Listen to his four part harmony for Anton Figg. Brian is not dependent on the Beach Boys - just as well, as Dennis and Carl are sadly no longer with us and Mike and Bruce are older men, as is Brian, and their voices are not what they were.

Brian could do all the harmonies himself, but there was something special about the Beach Boys harmony when they were in their prime.  Listen to the Smile Sessions and compare them with Brian Wilson Presents Smile.  No comparison. 

And you are right that Brian's not dependent on the Boys.  So the separate camps work out well for everybody.  The only one whose vocals have truly not aged is Al. 
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 30, 2015, 10:55:15 AM »

For um, fans of the band who might want to see them one last time while they can?

If those fans defended Mike's decision back in 2012 they should have thought of this at the time.

You can of course still see them one last time - just not together. Mike and Bruce fans get to see Mike and Bruce, Brian fans get to see Brian, those who are like both bands get to see both. And we see the music presented differently. What does it matter if they are not on the same stage? It DOES matter, however, for those who like the way Brian presents the music better than the way the Beach Boys present it.

What if a fan just likes the way that THE BEACH BOYS (Brian, Al, Mike, Bruce, Blondie, Dave) sound together? What should they do? Some of us just want to see them together because the way they sound together sounds awesome.
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 30, 2015, 10:59:42 AM »

Brian could do all the harmonies himself, but there was something special about the Beach Boys harmony when they were in their prime.  Listen to the Smile Sessions and compare them with Brian Wilson Presents Smile.  No comparison. 

And you are right that Brian's not dependent on the Boys.  So the separate camps work out well for everybody.  The only one whose vocals have truly not aged is Al. 

Of course there is no comparison between original SMiLE and BWPS. These guys were much younger then and younger than even Brian's band were in 2004. Such a shame that SMiLE wasn't completed at the time. But I'm glad it finally was completed, of course.

MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 30, 2015, 11:03:12 AM »

Hi all,

I am looking forward to reading I am Brian Wilson when it comes out.  Having two camps doesn't bother me at all.  I know that some of you want another concert like the reunion one in 2012.  Those who saw that should simply be happy they saw it.  If it happens again that is nice.  If not, you had something to enjoy for one summer.  Most people don't even get that.  I agree with those who say the Pet Sounds time was picked to be in the movie for a reason.  I like that fact that the battle to get away from Landy shows Melinda in a good light.  She really did call the Attoreny General of California.  She also said that on the Larry King interview.  Murry, Mike and Landy did control Brian.  Melinda won the day Brian said to her get me out of this --------.  Pet Sounds is excellent.  If Mike called it ego music it was a huge msitake on his part.  Both men take different routes when making and sining music.  Brian wants to try new things and Mike wants to stay withthe formula.  I do hope that I get to see Love & Mercy.  If not, a soundtrack of the movie will be great.  I know that both men want to do what they do best.  To force Briand and Mike to be on stage together again might not be great.  They will all do whatever their agents say.  Al's voice is still fabulous after all of these years.  Those who like Brain will get to see Brian.  Those who like Mike and Bruce will see Mike and Bruce.  Those who like both will go to see both.  I simply want to enjoy the music.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful and fun filled weekend.  

Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 30, 2015, 11:08:17 AM »

What if a fan just likes the way that THE BEACH BOYS (Brian, Al, Mike, Bruce, Blondie, Dave) sound together? What should they do? Some of us just want to see them together because the way they sound together sounds awesome.

Has that particular line up ever played live?  I think the Beach Boys USED to sound awesome but that was when Dennis and Carl were alive and still part of it. There were times when I heard the Beach Boys and they were quite embarrassing. I think now, without the support of younger members, the quality of the vocals would be reduced.
KDS
« Reply #195 on: July 30, 2015, 11:09:00 AM »

Hi all,

I am looking forward to reading I am Brian Wilson when it comes out.  Having two camps doesn't bother me at all.  I know that some of you want another concert like the reunion one in 2012.  Those who saw that should simply be happy they saw it.  If it happens again that is nice.  If not, you had something to enjoy for one summer.  Most people don't even get that.  I agree with those who say the Pet Sounds time was picked to be in the movie for a reason.  I like that fact that the battle to get away from Landy shows Melinda in a good light.  She really did call the Attoreny General of California.  She also said that on the Larry King interview.  Murry, Mike and Landy did control Brian.  Melinda won the day Brian said to her get me out of this --------.  Pet Sounds is excellent.  If Mike called it ego music it was a huge msitake on his part.  Both men take different routes when making and sining music.  Brian wants to try new things and Mike wants to stay withthe formula.  I do hope that I get to see Love & Mercy.  If not, a soundtrack of the movie will be great.  I know that both men want to do what they do best.  To force Briand and Mike to be on stage together again might not be great.  They will all do whatever their agents say.  Al's voice is still fabulous after all of these years.  Those who like Brain will get to see Brian.  Those who like Mike and Bruce will see Mike and Bruce.  Those who like both will go to see both.  I simply want to enjoy the music.

I agree.

Two bands on the road with as many as six Beach Boys total.  Sounds like a great summer to me.  
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 30, 2015, 11:12:33 AM »

Hi all,

Thanks Mary - I hope you get to see the film soon and find it interesting.

I know that some will claim that Mike never actually used those words about the formula but even if he didn't, it certainly seems to be an accurate description of his attitude for at least quite a large part of his career. Each to his own and some enjoy it.

Hope you have a good weekend too.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: July 30, 2015, 11:20:49 AM »

I know that some will claim that Mike never actually used those words about the formula...

"Some" would include every BB researcher who's been looking for the original source of the formula quote for decades, and entirely failed to find it. According to Mike - who it should be remembered, accompanied Brian to Capitol to present the album to the suits in the Tower: odd, him doing that for an album we all KNOW he hated - it was one of those very executives who said that. When their respective memoirs arrive, we can compare their recollections.  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:22:10 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
KDS
« Reply #198 on: July 30, 2015, 11:35:53 AM »

I know that some will claim that Mike never actually used those words about the formula...

"Some" would include every BB researcher who's been looking for the original source of the formula quote for decades, and entirely failed to find it. According to Mike - who it should be remembered, accompanied Brian to Capitol to present the album to the suits in the Tower: odd, him doing that for an album we all KNOW he hated - it was one of those very executives who said that. When their respective memoirs arrive, we can compare their recollections.  Smiley

It doesn't matter Andrew, we all know that Mike's book will be full of lies and Brian's will be the new bible.  Smiley 
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 30, 2015, 11:49:26 AM »

Has that particular line up ever played live?  I think the Beach Boys USED to sound awesome but that was when Dennis and Carl were alive and still part of it. There were times when I heard the Beach Boys and they were quite embarrassing. I think now, without the support of younger members, the quality of the vocals would be reduced.

Good job being pedantic. No, a lineup featuring Brian, Al, Mike, Bruce, Blondie and David has never performed together. But Brian, Al, Mike, Bruce and Dave did, less than three years ago, and it was awesome. And Brian, Al and Blondie have been together recently and they sounded awesome too.

Trust me, I'm a huge Brian Wilson fan. And though we don't know the whole story, it definitely seems as though Mike Love himself was the reason the C50 ended. Whether he had good reasons or not is debatable. As of now, it seems to me like he likes being the center of attention, the star of the show, doing things the way he wants them done. Which in my opinion is lame. Because I wanted The Beach Boys to become an ongoing concern again, a current recording act. But alas, it didn't happen. And what did happen was No Pier Pressure, up there with Brian's debut as my favorite album of his. We also got Blondie Chaplin back in The Beach Boys orbit, which is a very, very good thing in my opinion. Maybe not yours though, since he was Beach Boy, and we know according to you that all Beach Boys besides Brian are bad news.

But regardless, when Brian, Mike, Al and whoever else get on the stage or even just on a Capitol rooftop together, you can feel the power of the group. You choose to worship Brian at the expense at the rest of the group. I personally love Brian and he's by far my favorite member. But I also realize that his band (The Beach Boys that is) was not worthless and that those guys are pretty awesome in their own right.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx