gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 07:02:39 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Am Brian Wilson: New Autobiography  (Read 73427 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2015, 03:02:02 PM »

Not really suggesting that Brian is happy about it Pretty Funky.  I''m just, as I have since 'it' happened, wondering WTF's 'up' with THAT?  Certainly NOT a "best friend" move.  UNLESS... ... ... Huh  Unless...it's OK.

Yes CenturyDeprived...that sure is a BAD boot-camp 'look'.  And when I say "bad" I mean it in the traditional sense.   Although shaving his back sure worked.  Brian looks to be in pretty good physical condition as well.  bgas's pic, candid as it is, confirms for certain what many have debated, argued and pondered over for decades...ie:...that Brian actually named his 'pecs' Carnie and Wendy...after his daughters.  It's how he was able to tell left from right during that specific era.  The sweat-shirt confirms that I was, as usual, wrong.

It also confirms that 'the little fella' was NOT Al. Evil

LOL
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2015, 03:19:36 PM »

He said he is happy about it and I would hope they are still good friends. For Brian to call him his 'best friend' should make Jeff pretty special I think.

Posted 05/16/14   
Yesterday, I found out that Jeff has decided to tour with Mike Love's bb.  I think it's great since he really loved touring with Mike and the boys back in the day.  He made it clear at the end of the JB tour he would be moving on. I wish him the best and I'm happy for him.

As for me, I'm busy in the studio working on my new album. A couple months ago I asked Matt Jardine to tour with my band and he accepted. He's a great guy and I love his voice.  He's busy working with Paul and Darian and eager to get started.  All good!!

- Brian

Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2015, 03:32:09 PM »

And Matt lasted how long, exactly ? Two, three gigs ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2015, 03:32:57 PM »

Good to know PF.  I'm sure that Jeff will help the Beach Boys to sound better...or should I say even better? Cool Guy 

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2015, 04:34:57 PM »

talking for the first time about his relationship with his abusive father and his passive mother;

Well it was about time wasn't it. Roll Eyes

I'm looking forward to this...

Not true. He has talked about his abusive father several times!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2015, 04:56:32 PM »

I wonder if all the other involved parties (the beach boys) will proof read before release.......

hell, we wouldn't want an autobiography followed with a lawsuit now would we?....

RickB
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2015, 05:18:40 PM »

And it's widely known who will look for the opportunity to squeeze additional cash from Brian if the book ultimately steps on his oh so tender toes. Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2015, 05:26:18 PM »

Damn straight, the luvster is a greedy and nasty guy. (IMO so I don't get flamed by AGD)

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2015, 05:38:24 PM »

Damn straight, the luvster is a greedy and nasty guy. (IMO so I don't get flamed by AGD)
Oh pshaw! That is undoubtedly one of the most entertaining experiences on the board!!  Rock!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 05:40:21 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2015, 06:06:36 PM »

A quote from AGD from the previous Brian autobiography thread (http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,15517.msg364439.html#msg364439):

You're making a very basic error here - assuming that Brian will be actually writing the book, or even directing the overall flow. I'm willing to wager a large sum that the compositional process will follow this basic framework:

1 - Co-author does the research and makes a list of topics to be covered...
2 - Brian is interviewed...
3 - Based on Brian's responses, Fine produces a rough-cut...
4 - Brian - or more likely, his 'people' - review this and request changes, inclusions and excisions...
5 - Fine 'remixes' his text...
6 - Text is reviewed again...
7 - steps 5 & 6 are repeated until the text is deemed acceptable by Brian's management...
8 - book is published...
9 - we tear it apart...
10 - lawsuits commence.

I'm always pleased to hear about a new book regarding the Beach Boys.  I'm almost always pleased to read these new books.   But I harbor no illusion that this will be anymore an unfiltered look into the life of Brian anymore than the first "autobiography" was.  The filters this time around may have better intentions, but they are filters none the less.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2015, 09:17:37 PM »

An obvious first day buy but I don't have very high hopes for this book.

Nothing will really top Peter Carlins book in my opinion

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2015, 10:21:03 PM »

I wonder if all the other involved parties (the beach boys) will proof read before release.......

hell, we wouldn't want an autobiography followed with a lawsuit now would we?....

RickB

Did that happen in 1991 ? No. Will it happen in 2015 ? No.

BTW, while I applaud the non-use of an obvious BB related phrase/song title... that's really not a good title.

And no, I can't think of a better one so I'll STFU now.  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:27:12 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2015, 10:32:38 PM »

I'm always pleased to hear about a new book regarding the Beach Boys.  I'm almost always pleased to read these new books.   But I harbor no illusion that this will be anymore an unfiltered look into the life of Brian anymore than the first "autobiography" was.  The filters this time around may have better intentions, but they are filters none the less.

Well said.  I agree about the filters, further applied now the content is set to include celebrity contributions.

Still, alloting a book shelf space for it in quiet anticipation.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2015, 10:37:12 PM »

How about this title? "Ladies and Gentlemen, My Name is Brian Wilson, and I an the One Behind the One in 21-1!"

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2015, 10:40:07 PM »

Crosby's autobiography, Long Time Gone, was a similar format. Croz contributed about a third, co-author Carl Gottleib handled another third and the rest was from other folk in his life (e.g. Grace Slick, Nash, Stills, Barncard) ... and it's a damn fine - if scary - read. So, not a problem for me.

One thing that does bother me is the Amazon release referring to someone who's not played with Brian for over a year as his bandleader and best friend. I can easily think of four people who could dispute the latter most vocally.

Vernon Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't fight the sea

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2015, 10:45:32 PM »

BW is listed as the author. Does anyone believe that? Smells like another example of Brian by Whomever.
Zeppo

Make waves, not love
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2015, 10:50:11 PM »

Brian's camp have made no secret of it from day one that it will be written in collaboration with Jason Fine. You must have missed that memo.  Grin

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2015, 11:10:35 PM »

How about this title? "Ladies and Gentlemen, My Name is Brian Wilson, and I an the One Behind the One in 21-1!"

LOL

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2015, 11:53:27 PM »

talking for the first time about his relationship with his abusive father and his passive mother;

Well it was about time wasn't it. Roll Eyes

I'm looking forward to this...

Not true. He has talked about his abusive father several times!

Gosh! You don't say! No kidding? And I repeat myself:   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 11:59:43 PM by Micha » Logged

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2015, 11:56:27 PM »

Speaking of the format used for David Crosby's book and now possibly Brian's - as both men went through decades of drug abuse, it may be that there are chunks of their lives that they simply don't remember and need others to fill in the blanks. Doesn't David Bowie have a 2 year blank spot from the 1970s?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Radfahrer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2015, 02:08:43 AM »

"Creative Food - The Life and Meals of Brian Wilson"

Mistreating the English language since 2001. Mea culpa.
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2015, 03:10:59 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/apr/15/brian-wilson-autobiography-beach-boys

How is this article dated April 2013? I don't remember a title having ever been announced.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2015, 07:18:45 AM »

They should have called the book Life of Brian: He's Not the Messiah, He's a Very Naughty Beach Boy.

Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2015, 07:50:52 AM »

I can't wait to finally have a copy of Brian's new book! I still have the first one, "Wouldn't It Be Nice: My Own Story" with Todd Gold. I couldn't put that crazy and bogus book down when I first got it even though I suspected that Brian didn't really write it. Damn, the stories in that one...Mike Love and the world's largest turd (14 inches apparently), Mike Love getting beat up by an angry proprietor who stuck a gun in his face, Brian and Loren walking down the street while tripping and seeing an old man that Brian convinced himself was God...yeah that was a weird book. It certainly left me with an uneasy feeling.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2015, 09:40:38 AM »

well as long as the book cover has a photo of Iron Man on it saying "I am Brian Wilson." because Ozzie would be Iron Man but Iron Man would rather be Brian Wilson than ozzie...lol..
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx