gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 09:37:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Four Seasons  (Read 13468 times)
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2015, 09:55:43 PM »

Their drum sound POUNDED the Blaine/Brian thing.  Just ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Ol' Buddy was a GREAT session drummer...as was the person who mic'd and recorded that SOUND great.

Glad I'm not the only one who hears it!  It's really an amazing sound. 
beatnickle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2015, 04:32:23 AM »

Rag Doll........... one of the best 45's ever made and one of the few recordings I could never grow tired of.
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2015, 11:16:49 PM »

Heres my query, from 62 to 66 what proper 4 Seasons albums were there other than Rag Doll? I have a few but quite a few were just standards thrown together w the hit singles. The beach boys were one of the first groups to issue solid albums with little filler, the beatles and stones were putting out lots of covers for some time.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2015, 11:22:45 PM »

Heres my query, from 62 to 66 what proper 4 Seasons albums were there other than Rag Doll? I have a few but quite a few were just standards thrown together w the hit singles. The beach boys were one of the first groups to issue solid albums with little filler, the beatles and stones were putting out lots of covers for some time.
I have their 'folk' album, Born to Wander. I think it's a good, solid set of songs.
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2015, 11:39:02 PM »

Well there were 5 main albums: sherry-62, big girls dont cry-63, dawn-64, rag doll-65 and working my way back to you-66, right?
TMinthePM
Smiley Smile Associate

How can I show you Zen if you do not first empty y

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2015, 12:32:51 AM »

I don't know any of these albums, only the singles. So I'm beginning to try to get them, especially '66, which was THE YEAR!!!

Opus 17 repeats the chord progression over and over but raises the tension by shifting the key up a step each time until the tune has nowhere to go but right up and out of the grooves!

I've Got You Under My Skin was a monster hit in New York and, I suppose, a major statement - supremely romantic.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2015, 11:41:19 AM »

I worked on this compilation of Four Seasons sound-alikes from the 60s. Not covers of songs by The Four Seasons, but original songs inspired by their sound. I think a lot of you here would like it!
There are lengthy sound samples of each track at the link below:

http://www.teensvillerecords.com/store/p20/A_Sound_For_All_%28Four%29_Seasons%3A_A_Selection_Of_Jersey_Harmony_Sound-A-Likes_32_Group_Sound_Rarities_1963-1967.html

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx