gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:54:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adam Marsland: all my original music now streaming online  (Read 4030 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2015, 10:58:40 PM »

Hi, this is Adam Marsland, formerly of Cockeyed Ghost, also The Negro Problem, Standells and others, and frequent poster on this board.

I wanted to let folks know that my webpage has just had a major reboot, and every single one of my officially released original songs can be heard online there...112 songs in all, from Cockeyed Ghost's first single in 1995 to two Beach Boys-flavored solo tracks from 2014, "Sunset Over The Water," and "Pet Squares."

If you are interested, the link is here:
www.adammarsland.com/adamatoz.html

thanks!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 03:11:32 AM »

Listening to "Sunset Over The Water" right now. Wonderful stuff. And "Pet Squares" is simply gorgeous. Got the page bookmarked for further listening. :=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 04:11:47 AM »

Adam, I'm working my way through it alphabetically. Every one a winner so far----even "Call Me Charley". :=)  And some great stories behind the songs.

I'm amazed by the musical talents of Evie Sands! I first heard her name quite recently as the original singer of "I Can't Let Go", the Hollies hit...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 03:08:33 AM »

At the risk of being called a blowhard control freak again, I only hope more people than myself are checking out Adam's "Songs, Lyrics and Stories" page. There's some truly wonderful music in there, to say nothing of the stories behind them.

adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 05:34:42 PM »

Thanks for checking it out!!!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 05:35:59 PM by adamghost » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 05:25:52 AM »

Thanks for checking it out!!!

The pleasure's mine, believe me. I'd often noticed the Chaos Band on YouTube but given it a miss as I'm not much of a fan of live music that's been recorded.

Very cool to see Teresa Cowles cast as Carol Kaye in the Love and Mercy biopic!  

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 04:05:08 AM »

Quick question, Adam. Who plays the stunning slide stuff on "Love X 10"----is it Evie or is it Paul Lacques on "gut string guitar"?

adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 09:58:02 PM »

That's Paul Lacques.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 03:53:37 AM »

Thanks!

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 09:25:23 AM »

Digging up this old topic, first of all to say that Go West plopped onto my doormat this afternoon.

Adam, your collection of online music helped to get me through an unpleasant period earlier in the year, at which time i promised myself I would buy one of your albums once the dark clouds lifted.

I was pretty sure it was going to be Go West, but I gave all the tracks another listen anyway. And now I own it. Truly wonderful stuff. Thank you. :=)

Let us know if you ever plan to tour Europe!

adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 10:27:56 PM »

Digging up this old topic, first of all to say that Go West plopped onto my doormat this afternoon.

Adam, your collection of online music helped to get me through an unpleasant period earlier in the year, at which time i promised myself I would buy one of your albums once the dark clouds lifted.

I was pretty sure it was going to be Go West, but I gave all the tracks another listen anyway. And now I own it. Truly wonderful stuff. Thank you. :=)

Let us know if you ever plan to tour Europe!

Thank you John...you just missed me.  I was there in June.  And I really appreciate the kind words.  That's what music's about...glad to help.

I'm more or less retired from touring - this year's Europe trip was sort of my last hurrah - unless it's with a larger/more established act.  Too many years plying the bars.  But, never say never.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx