gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:39:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beatles-The Most Bizarre stuff that happened to them  (Read 7276 times)
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2015, 02:59:45 PM »

list things that you think are the most bizarre things that happened to them..
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:13:09 PM by joshferrell » Logged
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 03:59:55 AM »

I wonder how often Macca and Ringo get their copies on the table when the family's gathered....

hapman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 11:40:09 AM »

They became successful.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 12:28:49 PM »

Meditating with Mike Love

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 04:25:22 PM »

Haircuts.  How Do You Sleep?  Missed Opportunities.  Murder.  Death.  Time.  Coldly bizarre.

It's like they never took the opportunity to write a happy ending.  I guess the truth simply prevailed. 

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 04:46:17 PM »

in 1964, they toured with a different drummer in Australia, Jimmy Nichol, bar Melbourne.

didn't McCartney die and get replaced too?HuhHuh  Roll Eyes

RickB
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 04:57:37 PM »

Oh Ya...I forgot about that.  National Lampoon or some similar 'group' detailed about 25 [or more?] reasons why Paul was gone.  Said he'd died horribly in a car crash...
I read the news today, oh boy... ... ...he blew his mind out in a car..." etc etc.  Sitting in the 'box'/casket on the Yesterday and Today cover.  Bare feet crossing the street on the Abbey Road cover.  The dead are buried w/o shoes.   George dressed as a Grave digger, Ringo the undertaker.  Sgt Peppers cover and all gathered to mourn at his grave.  Off of the top of my head that's what I remember quickly.  The walrus was Paul...a walrus supposedly the Swedish sign of the dead or some such thing???  Weird and bizarre.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:09:06 AM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 06:13:49 AM »

Def. shooting of "Magical Mystery Tour". Beatles-related: the fact that Fred Lennon recorded 2 songs. Didn't know John's father dreamed about singer's career.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 03:06:57 AM »

Yoko Ono

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 03:20:50 AM »

Maybe bizarre is too strong a word but how about their name? It's a household word now but back in the very early '60s in the NME booking ads it was guaranteed to raise a smile.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 03:50:56 AM »

beatnickle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 04:17:05 AM »

The most bizarre thing is that John ,Paul , George and Ringo grew up in such close proximity to one another at just the right time and managed to come together.
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 09:01:46 AM »

The most bizarre thing is that John ,Paul , George and Ringo grew up in such close proximity to one another at just the right time and managed to come together.

Yeah. This never ceases to boggle my mind. I mean, what were the odds?

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 02:01:34 PM »

I guess it was kismet.  Smiley
beatnickle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 01:08:24 PM »

And from a rough and tumble industrial town of dock workers and blue collar workers.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 04:10:08 AM »

Faul
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 07:10:38 AM »

Faul

There's a few people out there that actually believe the whole Faul thing is true. I know one.  LOL
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 02:20:22 PM »

John Lennon hangs out at, I think, the Whisky A Go Go with Jayne Mansfield. Finds out she's into numerology. Determines her death date, and also his own. Creepy.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 07:04:13 PM »

Faul

There's a few people out there that actually believe the whole Faul thing is true. I know one.  LOL

I don't believe it for a minute but Paul's appearance changed quite a bit from the fall of '66 to early '67. You could say the same for the other Beatles but every now and then I look and some of the stuff on You Tube (differences in teeth, ears, etc) and wonder for a moment or two. Then I shake it off. Yes, had Paul died a double could have been found, sure. How could said double come up with the likes of "Hey Jude" and other tunes from the era that constitute McCartney's finest work?
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 07:20:30 PM »

John Lennon hangs out at, I think, the Whisky A Go Go with Jayne Mansfield. Finds out she's into numerology. Determines her death date, and also his own. Creepy.
I see he liked to hang about w/ elder people (hint: Yoko Ono). Where'd you read this curio?

Re "Paul is dead" rumors, I don't believe it one bit, coz it's impossible to find someone with exactly the same appearance, unless the cloning was created back then. All those people they must be insane or extremely gullible/deluded. Just a stupid bunch.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 07:24:40 PM »

I see he liked to hang about w/ elder people (hint: Yoko Ono). Where'd you read this curio?

Re "Paul is dead" rumors, I don't believe it one bit, coz it's impossible to find someone with exactly the same appearance, unless the cloning was created back then. All those people they must be insane or extremely gullible/deluded. Just a stupid bunch.

Ah, but Faul was not an exact match with Paul.  LOL
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 09:00:28 PM »

Told ya - stupid bunch. All those dolts really bore me.

Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2015, 03:54:16 PM »

In addition to all of The Beatles growing mustaches, both Paul and John appeared to lose weight from 66 into 67. John in particular looks much older in the "Strawberry Fields" and "Penny Lane" clips than he had at Candlestick Park on 8-29-66. The glasses too.

As for Paul, he also switched his part from left to right around this time. Surely a different person, right?   LOL
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2015, 10:13:53 AM »

I Buried Paul vs. Cranberry Sauce...which is it?
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 01:14:54 PM »

In addition to all of The Beatles growing mustaches, both Paul and John appeared to lose weight from 66 into 67. John in particular looks much older in the "Strawberry Fields" and "Penny Lane" clips than he had at Candlestick Park on 8-29-66. The glasses too.

As for Paul, he also switched his part from left to right around this time. Surely a different person, right?   LOL

John definitely lost weight during that period. Wasn't '66 his "fat Elvis" (his words) period? So he gained weight between 1964 and 1966 and then was noticeably thinner in 1967. Weight loss in his face would also make him look older.

Paul has a cap on one of his front teeth. There are photos from about 1966 where it's not there. Today, it's unthinkable that a pop band would pose for photos with one band member showing off his chipped tooth, but the Beatles did. So maybe his teeth looked slightly different after he got the cap replaced.

I don't believe in the "Faul" thing...but the conspiracy is one of the most bizarre things that ever happened to them.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx