gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680742 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 03:20:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Capitol to Release Brian Wilson's 'No Pier Pressure' April 7: press release  (Read 46458 times)
smilethebeachboysloveyou
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2015, 02:30:02 PM »

I'll get the Deluxe version.  Why put the bonus tracks in the middle of the album?

I was wondering the same thing.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2015, 02:37:58 PM »

I'll get the Deluxe version.  Why put the bonus tracks in the middle of the album?

I was wondering the same thing.

This is increasingly common. Elton John and Leon Russell's "The Union," for instance, was resequenced  for its deluxe edition. Ditto for the Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett album from last fall. The thought is to make the deluxe album actually a different experience, rather than the same sequence with some stuff tacked on the end.
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2015, 02:42:58 PM »

Okay, thanks for the info.

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2015, 04:46:21 PM »

I wonder if....
8. Don’t Worry
9. Somewhere Quiet
10. I’m Feeling Sad
...is the rest of the suite from TWGMTR...

This is the same thought that has been going through my mind. The titles, for what it's worth, certainly fit.

I think I'm going to take release day off of work so that I can soak this in.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2015, 04:52:03 PM »

I wonder if....
8. Don’t Worry
9. Somewhere Quiet
10. I’m Feeling Sad

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
debonbon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2015, 05:00:28 PM »

That's a bummer about Lana not being on there, I thought they would be really pushing the newer artists thing with this album.

A healthy...low fat or non-fat...healthy......blizzard.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2015, 05:49:17 PM »

I wonder if....
8. Don’t Worry
9. Somewhere Quiet
10. I’m Feeling Sad

this made my night LOL

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2015, 07:34:48 PM »

Posted on David's Facebook page:

lee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2015, 07:50:52 PM »

A "Last Song" seven inch vinyl with the album version / LDR version would make for a nice Record Store Day release or a brianwilson.com exclusive.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2015, 07:52:04 PM »

I was thinking so would an EP of live in Las Vegas stuff. "Hold On, Dear Brother" especially.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2015, 08:45:09 PM »

Just a note from someone used to album sequencing - "Our Special Love" sure sounds like it's cut from a transition... are we looking at a "flowing" album?

barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2015, 09:45:43 PM »

Blondie Chaplin has to be on the tour for this.

Sell Al's spare white suit if you absolutely must raise the funds for it but he HAS to be part of the band for all the dates, not just two cities. Sail Away, Wild Honey, Sail On, Sailor... bust out Hold on, Dear Brother a time or two! His guitar sound mixes in great and I just love seeing him and Al Jardine together with BW.

Bribe Ricky for a few dates too. Tell him its a Rutles reunion, whatever it takes. That lineup was unbelievable at the Venetian. Imagine how good they'd sound by the end of a tour.
Ontor and HeyJude, you guys are rock'in and on to something.   A 2013 (like) tour with Brian, Al, David, Blondie and maybe Ricky....wow....along with Brian's band......I guess the only question is when they sing a song needing a bit of falsetto...... No Foskett  avail  ....maybe Matt Jardine ?   I'm pumped especially if there's a Seattle stop !!   And as much as I'd like to see a reunion....no ML/BJ on this tour.
I'm wondering, if a full tour happens, if it might be like the 2013 dates. Al on board, with Blondie at select dates. (Not sure if Dave might appear with Brian again). I think Blondie doing some Blondie-specific stuff with Brian is great (the new album stuff, Sailor, Wild Honey, maybe some other stuff like "Hold on Dear Brother" or "Funky Pretty"), but I don't know how much he would be able to contribute to a setlist with stuff like "Please Let Me Wonder" and whatnot. I certainly hope they can get Al, Blondie, Dave, and even Ricky for as many dates as possible. It would probably cost too much money to lug all these guys out on a full tour, but it would be an intriguing headline to see Brian wrestle up FIVE Beach Boys for a "solo" tour.
Vernon Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't fight the sea

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2015, 10:41:24 PM »

I'm a little surprised that the Hollens song is on the album. It's been available for a few months now on his own album. I was not expecting it to appear on NPP.

Make waves, not love
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2015, 01:06:35 AM »

Kinda bummed Lana Del Rey's version of Last Song didn't make the cut.... Not a huge fan, but she's got a nice voice, and it'll definitely put a dent in sales because now fans of her aren't going to check the music out....

Looking forward to the rest of the album tho. My homie Scott Weiland's got one coming out a week prior to No Pier Pressure, so I've got a lot of good stuff to look forward to in April.

No mas, por favor.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2015, 01:36:39 AM »

Is Tell Me Why a cover of the Beatles song?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2015, 02:38:03 AM »

Exciting news!  Congrats Brian and thanks, really looking forward to hearing it Smiley
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2015, 03:08:47 AM »

Absolutely not ! Very nice ballad.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2015, 03:17:33 AM »

Kinda bummed Lana Del Rey's version of Last Song didn't make the cut.... Not a huge fan, but she's got a nice voice, and it'll definitely put a dent in sales because now fans of her aren't going to check the music out....

Looking forward to the rest of the album tho. My homie Scott Weiland's got one coming out a week prior to No Pier Pressure, so I've got a lot of good stuff to look forward to in April.

Wasn't that impressed with what I've heard of Blaster, but hopefully it'll sound better on disc rather than low bitrate files. Noticed the timing, though... considering how big of a fan Scott is, I wonder if that was planned?

Off subject, but you bringing up Scott made me think about a crazy dream I had the other night. Brian and I were in the studio covering Alice in Chains' Down in a Hole, with Brian singing Jerry's parts and me singing Layne Staley's parts. With the vibes, the arrangement sounded like the Desper version of Til I Die, and it sounded incredible. If I ever get the opportunity to work with Brian, (I can dream!) I'd have to make that happen. AIC always did sound like a hard rock version of the Everly Brothers to me, so...

Anyway, I'm going to buy the deluxe copy as soon as it comes out. I want that f*cker bad lol

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
NickandthePassions
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2015, 04:19:24 AM »

Any guesses on when the first single will be released? Which song(s) do you think it'll be?

"Living a dream
Don't wanna sleep
Might miss something"
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2015, 04:31:39 AM »

Hopefully, Last Song with Lana Del Rey.  Some folk here seem not to like her and I've not paid much attention to her, but my opinion is that we'll have the Brian version on the album anyway, so it'd be fabulous if a new Brian Wilson single, using a current famous singer, could go high in the charts.

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2015, 05:33:06 AM »

I dunno about an instrumental following "The Last Song." Seems they missed a trick not making it the er, last song.

Well, if it's an instrumental, nobody will sing on it, and thus it's not a song, is it? Wink 2 A piece or a track, yes, but not a song - the last song will be "The Last Song". Cheesy

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2015, 06:49:45 AM »

I just don't think our senses of humor will ever align. Smileyface here with a dollop of pedantry!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 06:51:01 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2015, 07:08:32 AM »

Sorry, just wanted to cheer you up Smiley I think I'm more a nitpicker and smartass than a pedant though! angel

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2015, 07:15:18 AM »

Interesting sequencing... I like the vinyl running order, with Half Moon Bay setting up the bonus tracks rather than ending the album as in the the other versions... I dunno about an instrumental following "The Last Song." Seems they missed a trick not making it the er, last song.

Just asking, ontor - and I must add here that I know nothing about ANY of these tracks yet, I haven't heard a thing - how do you know Half Moon Bay is instrumental? You mentioned you saw a version of it played live, was that it? You said Mark Isham took a long solo, but didn't explicitly say that the whole thing was instrumental. But is it?

Excuse my ignorance. It could be that it's on YouTube somewhere, but if so, I haven't heard it yet. So I'm genuinely curious...!
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2015, 07:23:14 AM »

Absolutely not ! Very nice ballad.

Andrew, have you heard the whole album?  Can you give any other details?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx