gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 09:42:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love: Q&A request  (Read 21551 times)
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2015, 12:45:34 PM »

Great idea to publicly sh*t all over the guy if you want him to come in and answer some questions.  Brilliant.

I for one would love to read a Q&A with him.  And yes, his answers would definitely be more compelling than Brian's, no matter the perspective.

Who said anything about publically sh!tting on him?

My point is that much of this thread and this entire forum is devoted to shitting on Mike.
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2015, 01:06:43 PM »

Great idea to publicly sh*t all over the guy if you want him to come in and answer some questions.  Brilliant.

I for one would love to read a Q&A with him.  And yes, his answers would definitely be more compelling than Brian's, no matter the perspective.

My point is that much of this thread and this entire forum is devoted to shitting on Mike.

Well, that's their problem. I'm not too fond of his general mannerisms and some of what he's done either, but I'd still trust him to be able to answer questions well and honestly (tho, with a bias, of course.)

There was at least one person who attempted to troll the Brian Q&A and the mods handled it. I trust they'd make sure no abuse got through and ruined it for the rest of us.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2015, 01:13:52 PM »

Nonsense. This board, and the vast majority of posters on it, have given Mike an incredibly fair shot, many times over.

It is, of course, open to interpretation whether he has continued to deserve such a fair shot.
Nicko1234
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2015, 12:22:06 AM »

Nonsense. This board, and the vast majority of posters on it, have given Mike an incredibly fair shot, many times over.

It is, of course, open to interpretation whether he has continued to deserve such a fair shot.

Is there anybody on the planet who doesn`t deserve a fair shot? Surely that`s the whole point of fairness...
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2015, 01:46:17 AM »

I don't think anyone can deny that there are at least two posters here who are entirely arrogant/stupid enough to try to derail any such Q&A.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2015, 02:10:42 AM »

… There was at least one person who attempted to troll the Brian Q&A and the mods handled it…

Missed that… dare I ask who?

“We live in divisive times.”
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2015, 05:47:22 AM »

If it were to happen, how about we're all allowed to PM one question to a mod who then asks them to Mike in a locked thread?
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2015, 06:38:10 AM »

Another BB Q&A would be awesome and if love to get an honest view from Mike, especially in response to trickier/revealing questions. I for one would like to ask a question or two and would be genuinely interested in his view. It's a view that very often gets dismissed just because of who he is and the character he appears to be.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2015, 07:23:17 AM »

I don't think anyone can deny that there are at least two posters here who are entirely arrogant/stupid enough to try to derail any such Q&A.

Kiss Kiss Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Hello Hello Hello Kiss Kiss Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up w00t! Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Love Love Love Love Love Love Rock! Rock! High Five Shrug Shrug Hug Hug Drinking Buddies Drinking Buddies Serenade Transcendental Meditation Transcendental Meditation

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2015, 09:37:39 AM »

Kiss Kiss Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Hello Hello Hello Kiss Kiss Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up w00t! Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Love Love Love Love Love Love Rock! Rock! High Five Shrug Shrug Hug Hug Drinking Buddies Drinking Buddies Serenade Transcendental Meditation Transcendental Meditation

So basically, you're a massive hypocrite* and proud of it. Way to go.

*If I recall, you were one of the ones sucking up to Daro and giving me a hard time for voicing my disdain of him.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
[
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2015, 09:39:21 AM »

… There was at least one person who attempted to troll the Brian Q&A and the mods handled it…

Diet Pepsi uh huh!

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2015, 11:02:07 AM »

Great idea to publicly sh*t all over the guy if you want him to come in and answer some questions.  Brilliant.

I for one would love to read a Q&A with him.  And yes, his answers would definitely be more compelling than Brian's, no matter the perspective.

*If I recall, you were one of the ones sucking up to Daro and giving me a hard time for voicing my disdain of him.
Oh my, we DO need to get our facts straight on this, don't we Mujan. Directed 2 posts to Daro-sucking up? Try again. I made 10 comments on a 28 page thread. None, I repeat for your sake only, none were directed toward you. You can have all the disdain you can stuff in your trousers-I could care less.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 11:33:28 AM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2015, 11:40:33 AM »

Great idea to publicly sh*t all over the guy if you want him to come in and answer some questions.  Brilliant.

I for one would love to read a Q&A with him.  And yes, his answers would definitely be more compelling than Brian's, no matter the perspective.

Oh my, we DO need to get our facts straight on this, don't we Mujan. Directed 2 posts to Daro-sucking up? Try again. I made 10 comments on a 28 page thread. None, I repeat for your sake only, none were directed toward you. You can have all the disdain you can stuff in your trousers-I could care less.

Whoopsies.

But still...why is it ok to get info from one less savory person and not another?

Whether you like him or not, Mike was present for their entire career and could say a lot about the less known aspects of it that Brian won't answer. I'm sure he'll present his usual biases and talking points, but wwe could still learn a lot.

Frankly, I think we'd have the most luck getting the truth from Al.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 11:42:59 AM by Mujan, B@st@rd Son of a Blue Wizard » Logged

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2015, 11:52:23 AM »

Frankly, I think we'd have the most luck getting the truth from Al.

Except that Al's memory is probably the worst of them all.

Dream Interview: Get Brian, Mike and Bruce together ( with some incentive) to answer the real tough questions

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2015, 12:18:23 PM »

That would be the same Alan who was convinced that not only was "Honkin'" never released, but also that he didn't sing the lead vocal ? Works for me.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2015, 12:32:15 PM »

That would be the same Alan who was convinced that not only was "Honkin'" never released, but also that he didn't sing the lead vocal ? Works for me.  Grin

Dang.

I just meant he seems to have little ego. Brian doesn't like to talk about the past, Mike does but is sure to accentuate his own contributions, I figured Als got nothing to hide to misdirect about.

Who's left? Bruce?

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2015, 12:38:56 PM »

http://www.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?user=Bellagio

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2015, 02:54:48 PM »

Is there anybody on the planet who doesn`t deserve a fair shot? Surely that`s the whole point of fairness...

Of course everyone deserves it. But with Mike, I keep giving him the benefit of the doubt (after the songwriting lawsuit-credit grab, after the Al lawsuit, after the BWPS lawsuit, for the C50 shows), and he continually behaves in ways that would make Snidely Whiplash cringe. Doesn't mean he's a bad or untalented person. But the actions ... those actions speak of their own accord.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2015, 02:56:13 PM »

Get Brian, Mike and Bruce together ( with some incentive) to answer the real tough questions

And what's the incentive? Cheese pizza? Meditation sessions with cheerleaders? The shortest of short-shorts?
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2015, 03:14:59 PM »

Diet Pepsi uh huh!

Aye I got there in the end, with help… didn't help that the thread I'd asked a related question on had been moved.

But hey ho. Hope that ban is a temporary one and that the appearance of our Lord Brian here is an opportunity for all sins to be forgiven, and slates wiped clean.

“We live in divisive times.”
clack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2015, 03:33:47 PM »

For several years (1963-65), Mike ranked with people like Eddie Holland and Gerry Goffin as one of the best lyricists in teen-oriented pop. That's a legacy that he is rightly proud of, and a legacy that I should think Beach Boy fans would appreciate.

A Mike Love Q&A would be very cool, and an honor for the board.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2015, 03:34:18 PM »

Get Brian, Mike and Bruce together ( with some incentive) to answer the real tough questions

And what's the incentive? Cheese pizza? Meditation sessions with cheerleaders? The shortest of short-shorts?

admittedly, finding the incentive is going to be difficult.
Of course , after the release of the the books from Brian and Mike, probably the only questions yet to be answered will be those which only Bruce knows the answers

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2015, 07:58:11 AM »

For several years (1963-65), Mike ranked with people like Eddie Holland and Gerry Goffin as one of the best lyricists in teen-oriented pop. That's a legacy that he is rightly proud of, and a legacy that I should think Beach Boy fans would appreciate.

I agree.  Sometimes It seems like the board can honor any other lyricist's contribution except Mike's. Maybe it is just me.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2015, 08:04:20 AM »

At least for the LONG-time fans Cam I think no matter HOW MUCH they/we dump on Mike...they/we wouldn't BE HERE if it wasn't for THOSE songs...the music, THE LYRICS and the performances.  So no matter what I...or anyone else...SAY about Michael Edward we're here because of him not in spite of him.

Hence...at least to some degree..."I'm with stupid"...NO...I am."

He is an odd duck though. Wink

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2015, 08:28:36 AM »

I agree.  Sometimes It seems like the board can honor any other lyricist's contribution except Mike's. Maybe it is just me.

That's probably largely because he keeps very specifically asking to be acknowledged, or implying such. Time and time again. I GET that he would have a chip on his shoulder from being screwed out of songwriting credits from the early days. That's human nature.

But it's human nature just the same, even internally from within a band, to want to roll your eyes at somebody else who continually reminds the world of THEIR OWN accomplishments. Another case in point: Billy Corgan. He too is a laughingstock because he keeps asking for praise and interviews. Both men fail to realize that one only gets praise when one is modest and, to be frank, shuts up about it. That's simply just how it works.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 08:38:16 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx