gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680812 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 01:00:32 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: How do you engage music in an expressive manner?
Snap your fingers... - 1 (2.6%)
Tap your foot... - 6 (15.8%)
Bop your head... - 4 (10.5%)
Sing, hum or whistle... - 10 (26.3%)
All-out boogalooo... - 5 (13.2%)
Air guitar/drum/keyboard... - 5 (13.2%)
Passively allow the sounds to wash over you... - 7 (18.4%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When You Listen to Music, Do You...  (Read 7776 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2015, 12:06:25 AM »

Am I supposed to like all the music? Serious question. Besides, when smb. implies that not liking Marvin Gaye is blasphemy/weird/abnormal, I answer back with same.

during your time here you have not had a positive thing to say about, well, anything.
You obviously didn't read my posts. Go to posting history & you'll see I did write sth. nice/useful. Did I offend AGD? I never did say anything bad to anyone, nothing of this caliber like you here did ("why do you bother posting on this board?"), so I don't understand your attitude, Jay.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 12:07:47 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2015, 12:08:02 AM »

As Andrew would say "...and breath". My apologies Billy, for losing my cool for a second.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2015, 12:13:29 AM »

why do you bother posting on this board?
Why do I bother? To discuss the BBs, of course. Silly question.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 01:16:02 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2015, 02:20:03 AM »

What about Marvin Gaye? His music is boring.
finger snaps for jazz. Drumming, guitar. Piano. Lip sync to the singer.

a) I was being smutty, but...
b) I love Marvin Gaye, who tried to preach a bit of tolerance that
c)  you might, on occasion, put into practice.

Your love, like, dislike or lack of respect for any artist is your business, but when you make sweeping negative statements about someone clearly held in high regard, you might think about the way you phrase your response.
KDS
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2015, 06:23:49 AM »

When I listen to music, I usually just listen and let the music wash over me. 

Maybe some air guitar if nobody is around.  Depends on what I'm listening to. 

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2015, 10:24:41 AM »

If I don't know the lyrics, I just let the music wash over me.  If I do, I almost always sing along.  When it comes to BBs songs, I usually end up doing the Brian shoulder raise and Mike pointing/thumbing.  LOL
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2015, 10:07:43 PM »

Your love, like, dislike or lack of respect for any artist is your business, but when you make sweeping negative statements about someone clearly held in high regard, you might think about the way you phrase your response.
What's tolerance got to do with all this? I don't care what Marvin Gaye tried to preach, I don't listen to a song for lyrics nor do I analyze them. I like a song for melody, arr., vocal. Otherwise, I could just read a poem.
  where was I negative - show it. Is Marvin Gaye above all the artists that one can't say his music is boring? I am justified to say it, heard about half of his stuff, it is not the "didn't like a couple songs & instantly wrote him off" case. So I think *you* should re-phrase your response.

Now who was negative in this thread is Jay/Ognir Rrats. I said no word to the guy, yet he shows up & gives me psychological portrait without knowing me - then asks "Why do you bother posting on this board?" & states that basically all my posts are negative as if he read them start to finish. So that's what I get for an innocent post NOT directed at him? I didn't question fellow posters why they bother posting. This whole thing could've been avoided if Jay didn't come to AGD's rescue when it *wasn't* necessary. Apparently, what I said is MUCH more insulting than things like "stupid Brianistas", "you're retards" & a- & f-words that some folk use here in reference to various posters. Where was Jay when they needed him?

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2015, 10:33:32 PM »

...and breath.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2015, 01:18:43 AM »

What's tolerance got to do with all this? I don't care what Marvin Gaye tried to preach, I don't listen to a song for lyrics nor do I analyze them. I like a song for melody, arr., vocal. Otherwise, I could just read a poem.
  where was I negative - show it. Is Marvin Gaye above all the artists that one can't say his music is boring? I am justified to say it, heard about half of his stuff, it is not the "didn't like a couple songs & instantly wrote him off" case. So I think *you* should re-phrase your response.

Now who was negative in this thread is Jay/Ognir Rrats. I said no word to the guy, yet he shows up & gives me psychological portrait without knowing me - then asks "Why do you bother posting on this board?" & states that basically all my posts are negative as if he read them start to finish. So that's what I get for an innocent post NOT directed at him? I didn't question fellow posters why they bother posting. This whole thing could've been avoided if Jay didn't come to AGD's rescue when it *wasn't* necessary. Apparently, what I said is MUCH more insulting than things like "stupid Brianistas", "you're retards" & a- & f-words that some folk use here in reference to various posters. Where was Jay when they needed him?

Have you ever heard an album called What's Going On ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2015, 02:05:05 AM »

I think we're fighting a losing battle, Andrew.
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2015, 01:43:27 PM »

If I'm driving, which I don't do much anymore, I sing like no one can hear me. It's exhilarating.

Sometimes I'll be studying and listening to music while in the university libraries. And I find myself bobbing my head. I've learned to not care if people are watching Tongue.

Also, sometimes if I do chores or cook or something, it's nice to have background music on and sort of dance to it.

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2015, 01:44:40 PM »

When I listen to music, I usually just listen and let the music wash over me. 
Mostly this, though, for me. Especially falling asleep to music. Listening to Sufjan or Tame Impala while falling asleep is euphoric.

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx