gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680756 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 04:14:28 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bob Dylan - Shadows in the Night  (Read 1410 times)
Smilin Ed H
« on: January 26, 2015, 10:21:53 AM »

http://fridaynightboys300.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/bob-dylan-shadows-in-night-review.html
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 10:32:51 AM »

LA Times Review
Telegraph Review
No Depression Review
Vegetable Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 07:57:58 AM »

Has any one been listening to this? I think this may be one of my new favorite Dylan albums. I'm a sucker for pedal steel, so I knew I would at least like the music. But man, the vocals are so captivating! He sounds great! Way better than he sounded on Tempest. He really shines on "Stay With Me." Now, there isn't a lot of variety in the arrangements, but the consistent mood really works. Great album and worth the wait, I'd say.

"I've never written one note or word of music simply because I think it will make money"- Brian Wilson (1965)

"I like food"- Brian Wilson (1980)
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 11:27:13 AM »

I like some of it and I think it contains his best vocals for some time - and, let's face it, his recent albums contain several crooning numbers along with the kind of shuffling blues/boogie stuff that he could knock out in his sleep and seems, sadly, to be the refuge of some old white rock stars. Certainly his best album since Love and Theft, but after twp or three listens the arrangements of several songs begin to morph into each other and it drags. I like the opener and Lucky Old Sun in particular.
Outtasight!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 02:13:33 PM »

I adore this album, must have played it 30 times already. It's the first one I've truly loved since love & theft. Bob's voice is beautiful (yes, I said that), the arrangements are warm and the songs are wonderful. Lucky Old Sun blows me away. Stunning. Why try to change him now?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx