gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 09:36:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Enquiring minds want to know?  (Read 14159 times)
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2015, 08:14:02 AM »

According to the National Enquirer…

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/wipeout-beach-boys-war

They must have run out of celebrity divorces.
Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 09:50:11 AM »

And they will arrive in the courtroom in a UFO driven by Elvis.

Complete rubbish.
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 09:51:24 AM »

LOL! I figured Bat Boy was unavailable for an interview.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 10:08:32 AM »

Complete rubbish.
LOL LOL 

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 12:09:22 PM »

Wait a minute, are you guys saying the National Enquirer can't be trusted??

“The feud over the band’s name between Mike and Brian never died,” a source close to the band told The National ENQUIRER.  "A fresh round of legal action between the two is only around the corner. Both sides are preparing for a fight to claim ownership of the name.”

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:11:44 PM by Custom Machine » Logged
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 12:11:13 PM »

I can definetly believe the last sentence in that article.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 12:12:45 PM »

“The feud over the band’s name between Mike and Brian never died,” a source close to the band told The National ENQUIRER.  A fresh round of legal action between the two is only around the corner. Both sides are preparing for a fight to claim ownership of the name.”

Given that the name is owned by BRI... this could get interesting.  Grin

And dammit, I wish they wouldn't misquote me...

Oops...

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 12:18:11 PM »

Really hope that's not true

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 01:34:42 PM »

It's well past overdue for the license to be handed back to Brian. Screw the money and give it back to the one it sincerely belongs to. Thumbs Up

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 01:51:31 PM »

It's well past overdue for the license to be handed back to Brian. Screw the money and give it back to the one it sincerely belongs to. Thumbs Up

Given that Brian voted from the license to go to Mike, and that if it somehow devolved to him, the income therefrom for Carl's estate would dwindle to, essentially, nothing... don't see that ever happening. Brian's had no problem with it since 1999. But hey, this is the real world...

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 02:13:49 PM »

Given that Brian voted from the license to go to Mike, and that if it somehow devolved to him, the income therefrom for Carl's estate would dwindle to, essentially, nothing... don't see that ever happening. Brian's had no problem with it since 1999. But hey, this is the real world...
You seem to always be intensely preoccupied with "estates" and people using pseudonyms. I cannot think of a better example of using a pseudonym than the touring outfit using The Beach Boys monicker instead of the Mike and Bruce Band. Would the lovester be at all worried about ticket sales? All estates eventually fold and so will the M&B band. Life in the real world, however, will undoubtedly go on.

Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 04:17:35 PM »

“The feud over the band’s name between Mike and Brian never died,” a source close to the band told The National ENQUIRER.  A fresh round of legal action between the two is only around the corner. Both sides are preparing for a fight to claim ownership of the name.”

Actually, that wouldn't surprise me, if it came from anywhere else. On the other hand, the Enquirer has been surprising everyone by occasionally breaking real news lately, so who knows.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 09:18:14 PM »

Say, has the guy who changed the group's name from Pendletones to Beach Boys ever sued them for the continuous use of the name? Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 10:11:04 PM »

On the other hand, the Enquirer has been surprising everyone by occasionally breaking real news lately, so who knows.

It has been occasional, but that is true.

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 10:25:59 PM »

Complete rubbish.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 10:33:27 PM »

who knows... maybe Brian is gearing up to take back what is rightfully his. it could probably be argued that Brian felt intimidated into giving Mike the license. either way, I can't see why any true fan of this band wouldn't welcome and encourage such a move.

my fingers are crossed.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:34:32 PM by bossaroo » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 11:01:07 PM »

Complete rubbish.

Is this your creation?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 12:37:43 AM »

who knows... maybe Brian is gearing up to take back what is rightfully his. it could probably be argued that Brian felt intimidated into giving Mike the license. either way, I can't see why any true fan of this band wouldn't welcome and encourage such a move.

my fingers are crossed.

I would love it if Brian could retake the license. IF this is true, it might explain why Brian steered clear of answering any reunion-related questions yesterday, or questions about being a Beach Boy again in the future. (Apple) pie in the sky.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 02:04:39 AM »

You seem to always be intensely preoccupied with "estates" and people using pseudonyms. I cannot think of a better example of using a pseudonym than the touring outfit using The Beach Boys monicker instead of the Mike and Bruce Band. Would the lovester be at all worried about ticket sales? All estates eventually fold and so will the M&B band. Life in the real world, however, will undoubtedly go on.

No, rather I'm preoccupied with facts.

Fact: the estate of Carl Wilson is a voting member of BRI

Fact: Mike & Bruce tried to go out without being billed as "The Beach Boys" in summer 1998 (it's on 10452) and it didn't work, so they went back to BRI and were awarded a non-exclusive license to use the marquee mane (really, this isn't insider info...). In late 1999 they were voted an exclusive license to tour as the BB by a 3-1 majority.

Fact: since then, no-one has made any move to change this state of affairs.

my fingers are crossed.

Try this for size - Brian, or more accurately, Brian's representative took part in a free vote, the outcome of which is noted above. No-one was intimidated.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:09:28 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 03:45:33 AM »

yeah I'm not so sure... but thanks so much for the predictable by-rote response
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 04:33:53 AM »

It's fine for Brian to have the license, but what would he do with it?  He'd need Mike to go along on a tour with him, otherwise no-one would sound like the Beach Boys.

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 05:19:24 AM »

It's predictable because I have to repeat, seemingly ad nauseum, what actually happened to counter the flights of fancy people seem to believe here. I'm not sure who Brian's representative was 1998/99 ()checking it out), but if it was Melinda, Ronnie Lippin or Jean Seivers, I don't see them being intimidated by Mike, or indeed anyone.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 06:50:42 AM »

my fingers are crossed.
w00t! w00t! w00t!

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 06:53:09 AM »

LOL LOL LOL

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 07:00:00 AM »

my fingers are crossed.

I would love it if Brian could retake the license. IF this is true, it might explain why Brian steered clear of answering any reunion-related questions yesterday, or questions about being a Beach Boy again in the future. (Apple) pie in the sky.
Please add me to the list of those who would love having Brian retake the license. Rock!

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx