gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680719 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 05:27:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need help identifying some Brian Wilson boots  (Read 2528 times)
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2015, 07:08:28 PM »

I wonder if this brand of boots were ever worn by Brian himself? or even Boots that are similar...Thanks

metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 07:26:09 PM »

Well, Dennis certainly did.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 09:37:14 PM »

Another fantastic picture, metal flake. It would make a great poster on the wall. What is the source of this image?
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 02:05:59 AM »

This photo originally appeared in John Milward's Silver Anniversary book.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
branaa09
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 06:29:52 AM »

That's a 12 String Acoustic Guitar that Carl is playing. Could it be the one used for recording "Then I Kissed Her"? It would of been cool to hear the boys playing during this photo, but we will never know!
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 09:17:10 AM »

It looked to me like Brian wore the Beatle-style boot with the zipper up the side. They also appeared to be suede. It looked like he would wear them occasionally up through 1966, maybe into '67.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 09:22:06 AM »

It looked to me like Brian wore the Beatle-style boot with the zipper up the side. They also appeared to be suede. It looked like he would wear them occasionally up through 1966, maybe into '67.

How can you tell in this photo?   I can't even really see his feet

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 08:52:45 PM »

I was speaking in general terms, not about that particular photo.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 09:07:53 PM »

Those look like Carl "Howdy" (a.k.a. Clem) Wilson's boots. He wore those sh*t-kickers at the Caribou Ranch in Colorado in 1974.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 09:22:00 PM »

I was just surfing the 'net for images of cats & their famous masters & look what I found:
The V-shape is not extended, dif. ornament, but it's possible the boots are cut in the same factory as those in the OP. Also, isn't it a cute kitten?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 09:29:37 PM »

Also, isn't it a cute kitten?

She sure is. I useta have a crush on Michelle Phillips.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 09:38:26 PM »

Um, I meant the actual kitten she holds.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 09:42:18 PM »

Oh.  Yeah.  Sure.

Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 08:39:27 AM »

Looking at that photo of the Boys, I'm not sure Brian is wearing any shoes at all... I think he's in his stocking feet! An unwitting premonition of the bedroom years??
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 12:38:37 PM »

That photo has fascinated me since the first time I saw it in Milward's book.  AGD, based visible traits (haircuts; Brian's weight; Mike without a beard), what date would you put on it?  And are those suits from Nudie's Rodeo Tailor?  That was my initial thought, but they are rather tame by Nudie's standards.

Lee
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx