gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:36:28 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unreleased Stuff  (Read 11909 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2006, 04:09:32 PM »

this message is no longer available.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 08:20:09 PM by punkinhead » Logged

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 04:14:05 PM »

You're familiar with the term "unreleased stuff," aren't you? I assume Jason might say

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 04:17:41 PM »

huh?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 05:07:38 PM »

Eh?

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Jason
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 05:11:04 PM »

Yeah, some of that stuff is available.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 09:40:42 PM »

What the...? I  don't understand this!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 09:49:14 PM »

Huh?

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 09:49:29 PM »

sry man, i had a list of stuff, wondering where it was, then somebody got upset for mentioning "boots" so i deleted it all

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 11:27:41 PM »

Hmmmmmmmm...

Is it OK if I say.............

"tennies" ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 11:43:25 PM »

ah andrew, i never get tired of your humor

~post of the century~
-Mikie

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 02:07:45 PM »

sry man, i had a list of stuff, wondering where it was, then somebody got upset for mentioning "boots" so i deleted it all

If you mean me, I wasn't upset. I was fvcking (I won't say foda. I won't.) around, as Jason had recently basically gone off on someone for breaking the rules. I don't care what anyone discusses, anywhere. I started a fvcking thread about my stomache-ache going away, for God's (also in that thread, by the way) sake.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 09:19:18 PM »

it's cool, i was actually describing somebody else

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Old Rake
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 05:42:04 AM »

The point is not that anybody cares about anyone discussing boots. THe point is that anybody cares about discussing how to PROCURE boots, which is clearly stated in the rules as being verboten.

Keep in mind: plenty of official-type folks visit here. They don't look too kindly on that kind of activity.
Chris D.
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 12:38:30 PM »

The point is not that anybody cares about anyone discussing boots. THe point is that anybody cares about discussing how to PROCURE boots, which is clearly stated in the rules as being verboten.

But please PM me so I don't have to find 'em myself I want 'em so bad HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT

I was fvcking

I love Latin.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2006, 12:03:48 PM »

I used to notice V being used instead of U on some of the old JVNIOR HIGH schools in my town.

The other possibilities never occured to me Grin
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 12:36:30 PM »

"V" in Latin sounds like "w" in English.  If you convert "U" into a consonant, you get a "V" sound.  So "Veni" could sound like "weni" to us and the Romans would have seen it as the same basic sound in essence.  That's why you get the two being used interchangably.  Obviously it makes no sense if "V" sounds like a vocalized labial fricative.
Chris D.
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 12:39:31 PM »

Obviously it makes no sense if "V" sounds like a vocalized labial fricative.

You took the exact words out of my brain.

Does your wife know you're online throwing around words like "labial"?
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2006, 01:04:49 PM »

Dirty mind.

If you must know, "vocal labial fricative" means that you are pursing your lips, buzzing your vocal cords, and pushing air through the tight space created by pursing the lips (= "V".  non-vocal would be "B", dental fricative would be "th").

The ONLY reason your dirty mind can even go there is the image of "lips" and its dual meaning in anatomy.

Grin
Chris D.
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006, 01:11:06 PM »

The ONLY reason your dirty mind can even go there is the image of "lips" and its dual meaning in anatomy.

Grin

The tight space, the pursed lips...mmmm.

Thank you for the explanation, Jeff Smiley
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 12:36:32 PM »

And of course, labia, is Latin for . . . Lips.
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 12:58:36 PM »

Almost 15 years. Now that's a thread bump if I ever saw one!

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2020, 08:19:15 AM »

And thank goodness it was bumped because it gives me the ability to correct the above mistake:

Dirty mind.

If you must know, "vocal labial fricative" means that you are pursing your lips, buzzing your vocal cords, and pushing air through the tight space created by pursing the lips (= "V".  non-vocal would be "B", dental fricative would be "th").

Grin

"B" in English is generally a voiced labial plosive, not a fricative!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx