gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681407 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 05, 2024, 06:27:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi from Brian - see you here next Monday  (Read 20790 times)
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2015, 07:47:36 PM »

As I recall from earlier 1/2 hour Q&A's at the bloo, only a handful of answers were forthcoming from a shitload of questions. Be prepared for short answers and predominantly only about the new album. I have to admit though that it is very cool that our board is included for this Q&A. We've hit the big time. Smiley

definitely hit the big time. We're on the radar, and not just in BW/BB circles. You'd be surprised who's lurked here....

Macca? Is that you?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2015, 07:50:09 PM »

Nobody THAT big LOL

I think.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2015, 07:55:10 PM »

I'm not unhappy, I'm not resentful, I'm not saying he shouldn't do it. I will show up to read Monday's revelations, too. But I am curious to see what becomes of us.

What becomes of us?  What are you thinking?  That things'll change here?  I don't know.  There's sure lots going on.  I find it very cool...and interesting.  There's more unfolding here at this site than I've seen previously...anywhere.  But enough about me...what's pullin' at you?
------------------------------

Or are you merely referring to how 'we'll' collectively do with the questions...and compliments?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:03:51 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2015, 08:15:34 PM »

Am I the only one thinking it might be more than a coincidence that Mike admits he reads Smiley Smile then Brian posts here a few days later?
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2015, 08:17:28 PM »

Let's put it this way. I visited this board before it was this board. Back then, it was the message board of the Smile Shop (this is disputed by some, but let's not get distracted). This board has then gone through several incarnations, some much more crotchety than others.

It just seems to me that we are on the cusp of another transformation. It feels like this board could potentially turn into something else. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but something to watch and understand.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:18:21 PM by Wirestone » Logged
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2015, 08:26:18 PM »

I'm not unhappy, I'm not resentful, I'm not saying he shouldn't do it. I will show up to read Monday's revelations, too. But I am curious to see what becomes of us.

What becomes of us?  What are you thinking?  That things'll change here?  I don't know.  There's sure lots going on.  I find it very cool...and interesting.  There's more unfolding here at this site than I've seen previously...anywhere.  But enough about me...what's pullin' at you?
------------------------------

Or are you merely referring to how 'we'll' collectively do with the questions...and compliments?

Yeah, I'm not sure one little half hour Q and A is any kind of game changer. We've known for ages that this board is "watched" by the parties in question, and that hasn't fazed us.  Whenever one of our special guests pops on, people who were all snarky two posts ago get all gushy until they leave, then they go back to their usual sneering. Take a look at any Mike thread that Scott or Cowsill posts in.

If the concern is that Brian's involvement is more about self promotion, well so what if it is? Actually, he doesn't really need to promote himself here or on the Bloo. We're already the converted and can quote the Brianista prayer by heart. Maybe he just wants to get in touch with the fans again. Whatever his reason, it'll be a fun little interaction. If he stays to contribute more, great. If not, that's okay too. I'm pretty sure there are other special guests who are here because it benefits them in some way.

But, whatever happens Monday, the most I expect is a higher level of politeness on here for a half hour. Then, it's back to the free for all.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2015, 09:05:06 PM »

But, whatever happens Monday, the most I expect is a higher level of politeness on here for a half hour. Then, it's back to the free for all.

Agreed.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2015, 09:18:26 PM »

As I recall from earlier 1/2 hour Q&A's at the bloo, only a handful of answers were forthcoming from a shitload of questions. Be prepared for short answers and predominantly only about the new album. I have to admit though that it is very cool that our board is included for this Q&A. We've hit the big time. Smiley

definitely hit the big time. We're on the radar, and not just in BW/BB circles. You'd be surprised who's lurked here....

Macca? Is that you?
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2015, 09:44:40 PM »

God Bless Google Image Search, lol
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2015, 09:53:26 PM »

God Bless Google Image Search, lol
lol....
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2015, 02:41:28 AM »

Am I the only one thinking it might be more than a coincidence that Mike admits he reads Smiley Smile then Brian posts here a few days later?

Nope...

Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2015, 03:09:10 AM »

Now Mike has the chance to ask Brian a question.  Smiley

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2015, 03:46:29 AM »

Okay, so, brass tacks -- is the Q&A going to be in this thread, the existing "ask a question" one, or a brand-new thread for that purpose?  Just so I'm not floundering around going "huh, where" at 11AM sharp...

Cheers,
Jon Blum
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2015, 04:24:28 AM »

Nope...

I would agree with this...but for one thing...There is a new album about to 'drop'.  Brian did this type of on-line promotion before when 'BWPS' was about to hit the shelves.  'No Pier Pressure' is, so we're told...and as the evidence would seem to indicate...VERY important to Brian.  The coincidence [not that I think that there's any such thing as a coincidence], to me, is that Mike showed up in 'Smileyville' just prior to the new album seeing the light of day.  Perhaps there IS some degree of peer pressure? Smokin

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:27:21 AM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2015, 04:32:08 AM »

Okay, so, brass tacks -- is the Q&A going to be in this thread, the existing "ask a question" one, or a brand-new thread for that purpose?  Just so I'm not floundering around going "huh, where" at 11AM sharp...

Cheers,
Jon Blum

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,19587.msg494754.html#msg494754

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2015, 09:15:04 AM »

On Brian's facebook page they posted about the Q&A.  Be prepared for the swarm of people come Monday!
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2015, 10:22:54 AM »

I know I'm not Paul McCartney.
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2015, 11:50:05 AM »

Brilliant news, Brian!
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2015, 11:59:55 AM »

I know I'm not Paul McCartney.

Crap on a stick!!!  So THAT means I'm not Ringo? Embarrassed

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2015, 12:20:27 PM »

On Brian's facebook page they posted about the Q&A.  Be prepared for the swarm of people come Monday!

Weird time to have it. 11am on a Monday, probably a lot of people wont be able to make it between work or school.

Still, the place will be a mad house

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2015, 12:26:02 PM »

Weird time to have it. 11am on a Monday, probably a lot of people wont be able to make it between work or school.

This is his way of repaying his European fans, who stuck with him and the Boys when times were tough at home. :=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2015, 12:26:48 PM »

This is his way of repaying his European fans, who stuck with him and the Boys when times were tough at home. :=)

Being European I have no issue with this  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2015, 10:28:18 AM »

Blimey, Brian's two threads have drawn more than 7,000 views already.

I press F5 quite a bit

Love and Mercy and F5!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2015, 10:33:09 AM »

Hi Brian.  Will you write a song entitled Diaphanous Moiety?

Smokin

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2015, 09:53:09 PM »

I wonder will the number of people online on Monday outbeat the February record of 383? I wish so. 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx