gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680743 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 07:05:22 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi from Brian - see you here next Monday  (Read 20611 times)
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2015, 12:41:45 PM »

So how will this work? Will we ask in the thread set up on Monday realtime or do we put questions in a thread and he'll pick them out?

Oh and thanks for taking the time to do this Brian.
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2015, 12:47:07 PM »

So cool, you are the best Brian!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2015, 12:52:53 PM »

This weekend I'm buying a lotto ticket and investing my winnnngs in premium bonds. I'm betting on a 200-1 outsider and spending those winnings on some random stocks and shares. The winnings from all of this I'm going to gamble on Martians entering the White House on Monday morning (Wilson Time).

I mean, what are the odds?

“We live in divisive times.”
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2015, 01:24:01 PM »

Think I'll ask about him wanting to do something with the Beach Boys somewhere down the line, it's something I'm curious about.

He'll get enough questions about the new album.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2015, 01:27:16 PM »

I like Brian Wilson.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2015, 01:27:51 PM »

What's your favourite movie?

Outtasight!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2015, 01:40:51 PM »

Welcome to the smiley board Brian. I'm looking forward to the new album as I always do. I think this one will be a little bit special. I've only got about half a million questions to ask you! Best wishes.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2015, 01:40:51 PM »

Blimey, Brian's two threads have drawn more than 7,000 views already.

ASinisterSmile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2015, 01:41:31 PM »

Blimey, Brian's two threads have drawn more than 7,000 views already.

I press F5 quite a bit
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2015, 01:52:45 PM »

So how will this work? Will we ask in the thread set up on Monday realtime or do we put questions in a thread and he'll pick them out?

We expect we can give you all more details on that later this week

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2015, 01:54:30 PM »

So mods or whoever's in the know....how are the questions gonna be asked?

Are we submitting questions like now or something....or are we just gonna have a free-for-all on Monday? Hopefully it'll be something somewhat structured. I think this could be very, very interesting if done well.

*And as I post I see SMiLE Holland's post. So there we go.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2015, 01:55:16 PM »

Might prove to be difficult..

Game plan better be good  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2015, 01:57:53 PM »

Thanks Brian.  Looking forward to your Q&A!

Lee
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2015, 02:00:25 PM »

Great! Look forward to it.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2015, 02:03:46 PM »

Being in a glass is half empty mood today I have to comment that while its cool 'Brian' has stopped by, a lot of these posts over Brian are real Blue Board 'fan boy' in style. Sure it will be great if he answers some interesting questions with interesting replies but I wouldn't hold your breath. In the past these Q&A's have been pretty weak all round.

Said my piece so happy to cop some flack.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2015, 02:04:39 PM »

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:28:43 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
MrRobinsonsFather
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2015, 02:16:33 PM »

Wow this is great news, thank you
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2015, 02:19:49 PM »

Still feels surreal that Brian is here among us. It's like a dream come true.  3D

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2015, 02:27:35 PM »

Being in a glass is half empty mood today I have to comment that while its cool 'Brian' has stopped by, a lot of these posts over Brian are real Blue Board 'fan boy' in style. Sure it will be great if he answers some interesting questions with interesting replies but I wouldn't hold your breath. In the past these Q&A's have been pretty weak all round.

Said my piece so happy to cop some flack.

That's not glass half-empty stuff, it's calm and realistic. Hopefully it'll be fun tho' and no harm done, only good.  There-  the bar's open and the glasses are being refilled!  :D

beachbum1379
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2015, 02:28:50 PM »

Wow can't wait to hear from Brian... Going to have to think of a question over the next few days  Grin
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2015, 02:44:22 PM »

Great news. Blimey - what to ask though?!

Mods - is it to be one question per person? Seems like the fairest approach.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2015, 02:56:51 PM »

I have to comment that while its cool 'Brian' has stopped by, a lot of these posts over Brian are real Blue Board 'fan boy' in style. Sure it will be great if he answers some interesting questions with interesting replies but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'd say you deserve some flack.  What a 'prickish' thing to say.  The pomposity of your need to dump on the blueboard and on what else BBB too if they enter into the picture?...is just so typical...because, IN FACT, there really is NO difference in terms of the fandom...or of the excitment when it comes to having a chance to spend a little time with Brian...whether it be in concert or on-line.  Geez.  It's not like it happens once a month!!!

As you MAY have read along the way over these past many days here...Brian is never big on confrontation.  Upsets his apple-cart a little.  NO ONE likes to be crowded so the visit will be orderly.  He'll answer as many questions as he can...while someone else saves everyone time by doing the typing of the words he, in fact, says.  Short questions will work better for him...and in many cases the answers will probably be pretty short too.  He's goin to want to react to as many folks as possible so make it easy for him to succeed.

Who knows...if it goes WELL...he may very well come back again.  It's ALL up to us.

[just a little advice from someone who has benefited greatly from a long association with the BLUE BOARD.]
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:58:25 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Gregg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2015, 03:08:02 PM »

"Remember...'member when you were with the Beach Boys?"

"Yeah..."

"That was awesome."
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2015, 03:09:32 PM »

LOL LOL LOL

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2015, 03:19:18 PM »

I have to comment that while its cool 'Brian' has stopped by, a lot of these posts over Brian are real Blue Board 'fan boy' in style. Sure it will be great if he answers some interesting questions with interesting replies but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'd say you deserve some flack.  What a 'prickish' thing to say.  The pomposity of your need to dump on the blueboard and on what else BBB too if they enter into the picture?...is just so typical...because, IN FACT, there really is NO difference in terms of the fandom...or of the excitment when it comes to having a chance to spend a little time with Brian...whether it be in concert or on-line.  Geez.  It's not like it happens once a month!!!

As you MAY have read along the way over these past many days here...Brian is never big on confrontation.  Upsets his apple-cart a little.  NO ONE likes to be crowded so the visit will be orderly.  He'll answer as many questions as he can...while someone else saves everyone time by doing the typing of the words he, in fact, says.  Short questions will work better for him...and in many cases the answers will probably be pretty short too.  He's goin to want to react to as many folks as possible so make it easy for him to succeed.

Who knows...if it goes WELL...he may very well come back again.  It's ALL up to us.

[just a little advice from someone who has benefited greatly from a long association with the BLUE BOARD.]

Don't mind the comments Add Some. My point I guess is on the Blue Board I expect pro- Brian comments. His site with his rules. Here I hope for a better balance with some decent manners however. Reading some of the comments I feel these are not in the SS message board style. I'm just not the fawning type I guess, but that's my problem.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 03:20:23 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx