gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 07:32:00 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ask Brian a question thread  (Read 37141 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2015, 10:57:47 AM »

Aww, crap. Sorry Cam, I just asked that question (or a version of it, anyway) in the official thread. I swear I wasn't trying to 'steal' it from you - I've been planning to ask it myself for a few days (as you can see from further back in this thread), and didn't realise you were posting about how to formulate the question here, just as I was posting my version to the Q&A thread...

To bgas: I thought the 'embargo' on asking Brian about SMiLE had expired with the various releases of SMiLE since 2003, so I just thought I'd go for it. However, he may well choose to skip it, of course, and I expect he will; I'm guessing SMiLE is way down his list of priorities right now. And even if I *am* lucky enough to get an answer, I'm not sure it will help SMiLEophiles much...!

My sentiments exactly. I don't expect he'll answer mine either, not in any definitive way, but I just had to try. I'm sure others will ask about Adult/Child and a Love You boxset and whatever else. But I don't think anyone is as perplexed by Psychedelic Sounds and how if at all it fits into the puzzle as me! Some might say I wasted my question, but it's the #1 thing I'd like confirmation on right now.

(Raises hand...) I am!  Grin 

Those spoken word sessions have been one of my biggest questions as well as one of my favorite parts of the Smile mystery as well. We can post theory after theory as to what they may have been (and I've done a fair share of that), but how great would it be to have the answer come right from the source!  Wink

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2015, 11:18:21 AM »

Aww, crap. Sorry Cam, I just asked that question (or a version of it, anyway) in the official thread. I swear I wasn't trying to 'steal' it from you - I've been planning to ask it myself for a few days (as you can see from further back in this thread), and didn't realise you were posting about how to formulate the question here, just as I was posting my version to the Q&A thread...

To bgas: I thought the 'embargo' on asking Brian about SMiLE had expired with the various releases of SMiLE since 2003, so I just thought I'd go for it. However, he may well choose to skip it, of course, and I expect he will; I'm guessing SMiLE is way down his list of priorities right now. And even if I *am* lucky enough to get an answer, I'm not sure it will help SMiLEophiles much...!

My sentiments exactly. I don't expect he'll answer mine either, not in any definitive way, but I just had to try. I'm sure others will ask about Adult/Child and a Love You boxset and whatever else. But I don't think anyone is as perplexed by Psychedelic Sounds and how if at all it fits into the puzzle as me! Some might say I wasted my question, but it's the #1 thing I'd like confirmation on right now.

Not suggesting there's an embargo, and I'd also love to hear about the Psych Sounds, but to my mind( and of course, to be clear now and forever, each of us posts our own thoughts, not what someone else is saying)  I just think Brian is >done> with SMiLE and will pass over those questions for those he's more of a mind to answer.
That's presuming that he actually chooses. I think it's just as likely he'll have one of his posse preload his choices fro him, so he doesn't have to bothered with reading them all. As much as it would be nice to have free rein here, with only 1/2 hour here and 1/2 hour on his own board, he's going to address his own agenda first and then mop up with any extra time.
 I'd love to be wrong and see him answer many of the questions posted thus far that would give all of us some greater insight, but...  we shall see.
And as I won't be available to watch it live, it won't matter in the instant. 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2015, 12:17:51 PM »

Agreed. It's all good and it takes a village etc..

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2015, 04:03:33 PM »

(Raises hand...) I am!  Grin  

Those spoken word sessions have been one of my biggest questions as well as one of my favorite parts of the Smile mystery as well. We can post theory after theory as to what they may have been (and I've done a fair share of that), but how great would it be to have the answer come right from the source!  Wink

Glad I'm not the only one. Itd be nice to hear Brian confirm or deny if they were important, or just throw away experiments. I don't think they'd have been included on the box set if the latter.

Now, if someone would just ask about AdultChild, I'd be a happy camper  Cool Guy
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 04:04:28 PM by Mujan, B@st@rd Son of a Blue Wizard » Logged

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2015, 04:04:30 PM »

Somebody asked the Jeff Foskett question. Well done, sir.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2015, 04:20:02 PM »

I really, really hope this is a Jeff-free album. I've been wanting one for too long now. Sorry, but I'm not a fan. ;(

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2015, 04:23:03 PM »

http://imgur.com/7IN84nH

Also, the first troll.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 04:26:45 PM by Mujan, B@st@rd Son of a Blue Wizard » Logged

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
[
Diet Pepsi - Uh Huh!
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2015, 04:38:19 PM »

http://imgur.com/7IN84nH

Also, the first troll.

Be nice to me.

Tell me it's okay
And you still love me
And people make mistakes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2015, 06:59:00 PM »

My name is Talky Tina, and I love you very much.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2015, 06:59:35 PM »

Brian, Does Melinda hate your Nike Crosstrainers as much as my wife hates mine?  saw you wearing them in some pics the past few years.   I felt vindicated seeing my hero wearing these most comfortable of shoes.  
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2015, 10:02:50 PM »

Is anyone going to ask about Pleasure Island?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2015, 12:15:20 AM »

I like that someone finally asked about Adult/Child.

And that someone asked about SIP and whether he listens to any SMiLE mixes. Really wanna see those answered too Afro

Seriously tho, great questions everyone! I think we gave him a really solid pool to pick from. I'm really curious whether he'd ever release a box set of solo material as well, but didn't even consider asking that. Good stuff all around

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2015, 12:50:43 AM »

I really wanted to ask him a Kill-Marry-Screw style question about Kacey, Zooey and Lana, but I figure the mods would not be cool with it, and Brian probably wouldn't answer it. He'd probably just screw & marry all 3, I know I would.  Cool Guy

So instead I just asked if we're ever going to hear the long-rumored album known as Pleasure Island.

No mas, por favor.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2015, 01:08:33 AM »

As Craig mentioned earlier.

REMINDER: Please, post only one question per person. We're trying to be fair and give everyone equal chance to post their question and hopefully get an answer. It's spelled out so clearly in the guidelines which were set up for this event there can be no misunderstanding. Please be fair to everyone and follow the guidelines of one post per member, as 99% of those posting have done so far.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2015, 01:19:21 AM »

As Craig mentioned earlier.

It's spelled out so clearly in the guidelines which were set up for this event there can be no misunderstanding.

Yes there can, that's why I asked for clarification in the other thread. I see you underlined the "one" now so it's a bit clearer now. Still good you adressed this again here - this time no misunderstanding possible. Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2015, 01:31:14 AM »

You can blame sweetdudejim on the error of my ways. Or blame me for not reading the entire Welcome thread in that forum.

Either way, I'm very excited Brian decided to grace us with his presence and will be answering some of our questions in advance of this new album we will hopefully be getting to hear sooner rather than later.

No mas, por favor.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2015, 05:13:34 AM »

Was gonna post this alongside my question but thought the mods might prefer not to…

“We live in divisive times.”
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2015, 06:11:37 AM »

Not sure I should ask this but is there some way of reversing the list of "question" topics for Brian so that he sees them in the order in which they were posted?

Just a thought...   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2015, 06:26:51 AM »

Not sure I should ask this but is there some way of reversing the list of "question" topics for Brian so that he sees them in the order in which they were posted?

Just a thought...   

Would be good if possible (given mine is one of the early ones  Wink) but I imagine it might be a bit of a ball-ache. Mods?

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2015, 06:30:50 AM »

Just a thought...   

Just checked the settings of this board. As far as I can see the default setting is that the newest posts are shown first. I can't find a setting to reverse that. One can reverse the order though by clicking on "Last Post" on the first row of the overview.

And we will extend the number of topics on one page, so that they will be visible on one page.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2015, 06:45:16 AM »

I understand the concerns, but the "newest first" will be the easiest way to keep the actual replies to each question at the top of the screen. This is actually good so that from our side and from Brian's side, we'll all be able to see which posts have been answered, and it will help prevent opening topics which have already been replied to. And those going back to read the session later will see all the replies from Brian right at the top.

And to refresh the page, just hit F5 on the keyboard to get the latest, updated view of the page so you can follow the new posts as they come in.

Hope that helps!  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2015, 06:59:21 AM »

I understand the concerns, but the "newest first" will be the easiest way to keep the actual replies to each question at the top of the screen. This is actually good so that from our side and from Brian's side, we'll all be able to see which posts have been answered, and it will help prevent opening topics which have already been replied to. And those going back to read the session later will see all the replies from Brian right at the top.

And to refresh the page, just hit F5 on the keyboard to get the latest, updated view of the page so you can follow the new posts as they come in.

Hope that helps!  Smiley
Yes indeed. I understand the logic of having the answered posts at the top. Thanks for the info!

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2015, 07:19:03 AM »

(Personally I think the questions should be listed in order of who's made the most posts in the past, to reward board loyalty…

… and age).

Grin

“We live in divisive times.”
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2015, 07:30:55 AM »

Just a thought...   

Just checked the settings of this board. As far as I can see the default setting is that the newest posts are shown first. I can't find a setting to reverse that. One can reverse the order though by clicking on "Last Post" on the first row of the overview.

And we will extend the number of topics on one page, so that they will be visible on one page.

Thank you. All sounds great.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2015, 08:11:48 AM »

We need more "love you" questions, this may be our only chance.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx