gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:23:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ask Brian a question thread  (Read 36957 times)
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2015, 01:58:41 PM »

Brian have you seen these new box set releases?

Of all the worthy obscure Beach Boys albums to release a box set for, why Wild Honey? Give me Sunflower, Love You/AdultChild and Smiley (with the rest of the SMiLE rarities that were left off the last set as a bonus)

That said, I'd kill for a poster of the cover.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2015, 02:06:17 PM »

Hi Brian,

Would you ever consider doing a "Reimagines Gershwin"-type album for the music of Frank Sinatra?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 02:14:08 PM by coco1997 » Logged

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2015, 03:30:22 PM »

OK...I am NOT saying that it'll go the same HERE as it will THERE...but...what they have requested on the Blue Board is that questions be posed as the title of a new thread in the special forum they created for this 'Q and A Session With the Big Daddy' on Monday.  [and no it won't, subsequently, be included as an added track on the new album as a 2 foot cup is now WAY TOO SMALL for jumping into from any height for almost all of us here.]

This does 2 things...it get's Brian right to the question at hand and avoids his having to deal with duplication.  And as title boxes will only accept X-number of letters and figures it will force questions to be asked economically...thus keeping them all on point. police

That's the latest.  I would well imagine that requests were made here as well in order to facilitate Monday's visit so that Brian can have printed contact with as many people as possible. Cool Guy
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:31:52 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2015, 04:09:48 PM »

Hi Brian,

Would you ever consider doing a "Reimagines Gershwin"-type album for the music of Frank Sinatra?

Dylan has one coming out next month -- with Al Schmidt mixing, too.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2015, 04:12:40 PM »

Wirestone, any tips on asking BW questions? Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2015, 04:54:26 PM »

Yes, don't make eye-contact.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2015, 04:59:25 PM »

Brian have you seen these new box set releases?

That wild honey box set just might be the most beautiful thing I've never seen.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2015, 05:54:24 PM »

1) One of my favorite tracks on the Made in California box set was the extended version of "Meant For You" from the great Friends album featuring the lyrics about ponies and their mothers and puppy dogs and their brothers, do you recall anything about why that was cut?

2) What was the intent for the multiple versions of Old Man River that were recorded during the Friends era?

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2015, 10:14:51 PM »

Wirestone, any tips on asking BW questions? Grin

Hah! As I've recounted here a few times, after interviewing him, I was blown away by his speed and ability to avoid answering anything he didn't want to. Believe me, I avoided the yes/no questions, and asked about food -- all the usual tips. Didn't matter. He was very polite and said some interesting things, but a few strategically placed I don't knows and I haven't thought about thats can take the wind out of you.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2015, 10:31:18 PM »

Brian, is there any chance of another Australian tour? Saw you in Melbourne with The Beach Boys in 2012, would be amazing to see you live again!
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2015, 11:22:45 PM »

Do you often/ever go back to Hawthorne, just cruisin' or maybe going to Pizza Show? When was the last time you went?

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2015, 12:45:58 AM »

Maybe this has been asked already, but how do we ask Brian our question?

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2015, 05:49:01 AM »

Now that you gave us the release date for the Love You box set, when are the Friends sessions going to be released?

Did I miss something???

No, sometimes posts originating from a parallel universe make it through the dimensional barrier.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2015, 07:23:10 AM »

Now that you gave us the release date for the Love You box set, when are the Friends sessions going to be released?

Did I miss something???

No, sometimes posts originating from a parallel universe make it through the dimensional barrier.

Ya snooze, ya lose… the MIU Sessions box is still in stock though…!

“We live in divisive times.”
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2015, 10:18:59 AM »

Just had a quick look attune Blueboard's question for Brian forum.

Strikes me that some of the questions are a tad simplistic, and their answers will be forthcoming whether Brian chooses to answer them or not: stuff like "how many songs will there be on NPP?" and "will you be touring?".

I kinda hope we'll seize this rare opportunity to gain a little deeper enlightenment about stuff that we might not otherwise have chance to find out.

“We live in divisive times.”
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2015, 11:35:29 AM »

Maybe this has been asked already, but how do we ask Brian our question?

Details will follow. Hopefully tomorrow.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2015, 11:45:10 AM »

I'd REALLY like to have that Wild Honey box set above!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2015, 01:26:09 PM »

I'd REALLY like to have that Wild Honey box set above!

Yes a cruel bit of photoshopping that! If only ...

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2015, 05:32:15 AM »

Did I miss something???

Ya snooze, ya lose… the MIU Sessions box is still in stock though…!

I'll wait till the price drops a bit more, though. Grin

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2015, 09:43:07 AM »

Anyone have suggestions for my proposeed question for Brian?

Subject: Solve a mystery: “The Elements” SMiLE 1967

or

Subject: 50,000,000 fans want to know

Post: What did you intend and actually record for the 1967 SMiLE album track "The Elements"?

or

Post: What do you remember about the form and recordings intended for the 1967 SMiLE album track "The Elements" track?

Needs work.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2015, 09:45:45 AM »

or

Post: What did you intend and actually record for the 1967 SMiLE album track "The Elements"?

or

Post: What do you remember about the form and recordings intended for the 1967 SMiLE album track "The Elements" track?

Needs work.

As we all know that Brian will skip over most any question relating to SMiLE, Why not just ask>> Brian, Is there a color of socks you like better than red? <<

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2015, 10:14:46 AM »

or

or

Needs work.

As we all know that Brian will skip over most any question relating to SMiLE, Why not just ask>> Brian, Is there a color of socks you like better than red? <<

So you suggest "no". Noted.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2015, 10:24:24 AM »

or

or

Needs work.

So you suggest "no". Noted.

Correct, I have NO suggestions as to your proposed questions(s); but I can see I erred in my alternate, in that I should have proposed> what color socks do you prefer to red ones?<

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2015, 10:41:55 AM »

Aww, crap. Sorry Cam, I just asked that question (or a version of it, anyway) in the official thread. I swear I wasn't trying to 'steal' it from you - I've been planning to ask it myself for a few days (as you can see from further back in this thread), and didn't realise you were posting about how to formulate the question here, just as I was posting my version to the Q&A thread...

To bgas: I thought the 'embargo' on asking Brian about SMiLE had expired with the various releases of SMiLE since 2003, so I just thought I'd go for it. However, he may well choose to skip it, of course, and I expect he will; I'm guessing SMiLE is way down his list of priorities right now. And even if I *am* lucky enough to get an answer, I'm not sure it will help SMiLEophiles much...!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:43:41 AM by Matt Bielewicz » Logged
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2015, 10:47:49 AM »

Aww, crap. Sorry Cam, I just asked that question (or a version of it, anyway) in the official thread. I swear I wasn't trying to 'steal' it from you - I've been planning to ask it myself for a few days (as you can see from further back in this thread), and didn't realise you were posting about how to formulate the question here, just as I was posting my version to the Q&A thread...

To bgas: I thought the 'embargo' on asking Brian about SMiLE had expired with the various releases of SMiLE since 2003, so I just thought I'd go for it. However, he may well choose to skip it, of course, and I expect he will; I'm guessing SMiLE is way down his list of priorities right now. And even if I *am* lucky enough to get an answer, I'm not sure it will help SMiLEophiles much...!

My sentiments exactly. I don't expect he'll answer mine either, not in any definitive way, but I just had to try. I'm sure others will ask about Adult/Child and a Love You boxset and whatever else. But I don't think anyone is as perplexed by Psychedelic Sounds and how if at all it fits into the puzzle as me! Some might say I wasted my question, but it's the #1 thing I'd like confirmation on right now.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx