gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:51:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ask Brian a question thread  (Read 36956 times)
beatnickle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2015, 01:25:38 PM »

Hey Brian.... do you enjoy coming to boards like this or does someone have to egg you on so to speak
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2015, 01:46:02 PM »

Do you like when strangers ask you a bunch of questions?
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2015, 02:01:38 PM »

Based on previous interviews, he's not gonna answer big, long involved questions. It seems like he likes to talk about food and will expound on that if he's in the mood. And of course he wants to talk about the new album.

Maybe my question would be:
Who was your favorite person to work with on the new album?

Or maybe I'd ask him about music from his childhood/teen years, though I can't think of a specific question.

Now watch, he'll read this, and to prove me wrong, he'll give a paragraph-long answer on the lost lyrics of Can't Wait Too Long.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:02:32 PM by Amy B. » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2015, 02:04:03 PM »

Great idea, I might ask him about his favorite fast food   Azn

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2015, 02:08:09 PM »

Hey Brian, what part/parts of Break Away were contributions from your dad? One of my favorites by the way!!
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2015, 02:21:58 PM »

I hope you lunatics realize that Brian will not answer most of what you have asked.  Expect answers only to things like:  favorite track on new album.

Lunatics? Thanks for flaming the board. Consider this a warning.

You've got to be kidding...like I was.  Lighten up for f*cks sake.  Save the warnings for the actually offensive crap that goes down here daily.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:24:51 PM by job » Logged
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2015, 02:24:11 PM »

I hope you lunatics realize that Brian will not answer most of what you have asked.  Expect answers only to things like:  favorite track on new album.

Wait, are you that stick in the mud from the Facebook Q&A that whined about questions Brian answered in the past? Be honest now.

Honestly no.  I just know that Brian is basically a tough interview in that he is a short answer guy, and he specifically avoids everything but the simplest of questions to answer.  I had the same difficulty with many Hollywood actors during my time with 20th Century Fox doing junkets.  Not that there's anything wrong with that...it's just how he is.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:26:07 PM by job » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2015, 02:34:57 PM »

I hope you lunatics realize that Brian will not answer most of what you have asked.  Expect answers only to things like:  favorite track on new album.

You've got to be kidding...like I was.  Lighten up for f*cks sake.  Save the warnings for the actually offensive crap that goes down here daily.

I dunno, but considering what you were suspended for previously, you have to understand how it came across. In any case, I didn't realize you were joking, and in all honesty I feel like sh*t right now and took it the wrong way. In any case, I apologize.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2015, 02:42:20 PM »

Was Student Demonstration Time, as some ancient aliens theorists believe, written by extraterrestrials?

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
ASinisterSmile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2015, 02:48:30 PM »

Wait, are you that stick in the mud from the Facebook Q&A that whined about questions Brian answered in the past? Be honest now.

Honestly no.  I just know that Brian is basically a tough interview in that he is a short answer guy, and he specifically avoids everything but the simplest of questions to answer.  I had the same difficulty with many Hollywood actors during my time with 20th Century Fox doing junkets.  Not that there's anything wrong with that...it's just how he is.

Hey, fair enough. His FB was quite good I thought, maybe it's because he answered my 2 questions fairly quick  Cheesy
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2015, 03:23:44 PM »

I hope you lunatics realize that Brian will not answer most of what you have asked.  Expect answers only to things like:  favorite track on new album.

You've got to be kidding...like I was.  Lighten up for f*cks sake.  Save the warnings for the actually offensive crap that goes down here daily.

I dunno, but considering what you were suspended for previously, you have to understand how it came across. In any case, I didn't realize you were joking, and in all honesty I feel like sh*t right now and took it the wrong way. In any case, I apologize.

No worries!
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2015, 03:58:24 PM »

Was Student Demonstration Time, as some ancient aliens theorists believe, written by extraterrestrials?
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2015, 04:18:19 PM »

I realize that. The questions I posed are what I'd honestly like to know, and from him. But I realize he's a notoriously brief and vague interview. I realize even if he were to say "No, Dada wasn't planned for SMiLE" or "Adult/Child was innapropriate and should never be released" he'd probably turn around and say/Do the very opposite the next interview just to mind-f*** me.

But you're right, that's just how he is. It's part of his mystique, and we love him for it. Still, on my end, I mean...a man can dream, right?

Please don't call me a lunatic.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2015, 04:32:40 PM »

Who is Ron Wilson?

Drummer for the Surfaris.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Surfaris

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
clack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2015, 05:51:18 PM »

Not, apparently, the same Ron Wilson who wrote We're Together Again. That Ron Wilson remains an intriguing, if minor, mystery.
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2015, 07:02:33 PM »

Not, apparently, the same Ron Wilson who wrote We're Together Again. That Ron Wilson remains an intriguing, if minor, mystery.

Gary Usher relayed an amusing anecdote to Stephen MacPharland about this Ron Wilson in his book. I don't have my copy on hand at the moment, but it went something like this: Brian had been acting super-erratically as of late and called Gary up out of the blue, telling Usher that he had discovered "the next Sam Cooke" and that he had to get him on record. Gary reluctantly obliged and brought the Wilsons (Ron and Brian) into the studio to record the "I'll Keep on Loving You" single. Usher basically disparaged the single in the book, saying something along the lines that Ron Wilson wasn't much of a singer and that Brian was acting like he had lost his marbles. I wish I could reprint the story verbatim because it's hilarious and pretty illuminating of Brian's state of mind at the time.

EDIT: Apparently I misunderstood the original question as being in reference to the Ron Wilson that sang "If It Can't Be You" which Brian also produced, not the black soul singer Ron Wilson.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:06:33 PM by Jason Penick » Logged

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2015, 07:27:57 PM »

Does Brian have a magnet that attracts Ron Wilsons? What the hell's going on
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2015, 09:57:14 PM »

My name is not Ron Wilson, for the record.

I hope, though, that when everybody asks him questions Monday, that they ask him questions that have long been wondered and resist the urge to ask him things that he'll answer somewhere else.

For instance, don't ask him about the new album!  You'll learn all you need to know about the new album over the next couple months. 

Don't ask him generic questions that you really don't want to know the answer to.  For instance, don't ask him what his favorite song is, or who he likes on the radio.  Who gives a f***, even you don't and you asked the question!

Ask him things like "When you recorded Ding Dang, did you think it was finished and going to be on the album?"

"When you recorded "Breakaway", why did you put your dad on it?"

"When you met Elvis, did he get mad at you, or how did that all go down?"

"In the 70's, we've heard you used to have parties with Ike and Tina Turner.  Tell us more."

"We love your music. You've given us a lot.  Do you feel God put you on earth to make music for us, or do you think God gave you that gift to support yourself and your family?"

"Will you and Mike please make more music for us?"

LOL stuff like that, come on!  The reason he gives b.s. answers sometimes is because people ask him the same b.s. questions!  Ask him something specific, about something specific, and he'll give you a good answer. 

Hell I asked him on the Blue Board one time which songs on Smile were which elements, and he answered it!  Might have been b.s. but he rewards good questions with good answers, and punishes lazy questions with lazy answers. 
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2015, 10:02:15 PM »

Going off that, Smiley Smile is often (rightly or wrongly) considered self sabotage, or a passive aggressive move against the band.

This question, carefully worded and asked of him Monday, may elicit the best answer evur. 

"Hi Brian, we love you.  When SMiLE turned into Smiley Smile,  Wind Chimes, and Wonderful from SMiLE made it onto the album, but were kind of weird versions.  Did you make them weird on purpose since you weren't able to put them out the way you liked on SMiLE?"

He may just give a yes or no on that one, though... fascinating question, though. 
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2015, 10:29:18 PM »

Aren't we ALL lunatics here? Smiley And Billy, stop feeling like sh*t NOW, in case you still do.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2015, 10:40:44 PM »

Trying...gotta be able to go to work tomorrow. Now I can't call in on Monday!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2015, 11:32:12 PM »

Mr. Wilson, besides the memory of you and your brothers singing "Ivory Tower" every night, is there another special memory that you have of the three of you growing up in Hawthorne?

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2015, 11:58:43 PM »

Going off that, Smiley Smile is often (rightly or wrongly) considered self sabotage, or a passive aggressive move against the band.

This question, carefully worded and asked of him Monday, may elicit the best answer evur. 

"Hi Brian, we love you.  When SMiLE turned into Smiley Smile,  Wind Chimes, and Wonderful from SMiLE made it onto the album, but were kind of weird versions.  Did you make them weird on purpose since you weren't able to put them out the way you liked on SMiLE?"

He may just give a yes or no on that one, though... fascinating question, though. 

Smiley seems so hard to get genuine information on its ridiculous. It's still overshadowed by SMiLE even in that regard. Itd be nice to hear ANYTHING Brian has to say about it. But I do have to agree, it's probably a long shot anything from 66-say, 74 is acknowledged, sadly

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2015, 01:07:51 AM »

Hi Brian,

Howie Edelson told us all to come and work for you for 18 months to get all of our questions answered.

What vacancies do you have going at the moment and can I PM you my resume?  Will work for archive access.

Your humble servant - Al
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:17:21 PM by Alan Smith » Logged

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
rogerlancelot
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2015, 02:24:39 AM »

What if we got Brian to "rickroll" Mike?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickrolling

This could be funny for all parties involved (Rick Astley included). Of course maybe being sick with the flu and delirious with fever makes it seem funny to me now for some reason and tomorrow I'll wake up and think twice about it.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx