gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:24:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Lorren Daro Thread  (Read 233894 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2015, 08:08:00 PM »

It was initially unnerving to say the least seeing his comments about Marilyn. That increased ten fold when Brian posted.

Smart move by the mods pulling the thread.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Matt Etherton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2015, 08:19:00 PM »

I normally just read and never join in, but I must say, that thread was AWESOME. I was hoping it'd last longer; I love reading all my favorite posters comments...then to have a guy who was borderline nuts yet somehow partially convincing at times was extra fun!
debonbon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2015, 08:32:34 PM »

Van Dyke just posted on twitter. "I confirm Lorren Daro's account of the 60s: an inconvenient truth, in its candor. Never judge a book by its movie!"

A healthy...low fat or non-fat...healthy......blizzard.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2015, 08:35:41 PM »

Business just picked up.

Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2015, 08:38:24 PM »

Van Dyke just posted on twitter. "I confirm Lorren Daro's account of the 60s: an inconvenient truth, in its candor. Never judge a book by its movie!"

Still I wonder if he means it or is just playing the other side as a passive aggressive "f*** you" to Brian.

Business just picked up.

Yeah...for better or worse this "story" ain't going away so soon.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2015, 08:42:34 PM »

Maybe this is how VDP gets his kicks these days

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2015, 08:43:38 PM »

Wait, so does Van Dyke Parks read this forum too???

Matt Etherton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2015, 08:46:17 PM »

Van Dyke's twit today is timed too well to think he doesn't read this board.  This place is far more entertaining than watching TV!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2015, 08:46:41 PM »

We ought to lock him, Brian and Mike in a thread until they're all best buds

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
[
debonbon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2015, 08:46:56 PM »

I think more what he is getting at is to not believe everything you hear. The man loves word play.

A healthy...low fat or non-fat...healthy......blizzard.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2015, 08:47:24 PM »

Sure...Van Dyke Parks and Rec. LOL

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2015, 08:48:03 PM »

Van Dyke's twit today is timed too well to think he doesn't read this board.  This place is far more entertaining than watching TV!

Hey VDP...Whatchu think of my SMiLE mixes?? Smiley

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2015, 08:55:47 PM »

Excellent well-worded posts by Jason, Buddahat, Don, OSD, and Custom Machine to show support of the original thread staying intact. Very good responses by Billy and GF to support their views and why they agreed to abscond with the thread. Hopefully we can somehow rejuvenate the original thread and tie it to this one. Maybe the slanderous comments and statements that violated the rules can be edited out somehow. Maybe Mr. Daro will come back for a proper dialogue; I believe it would be entertaining and educational at the same time.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:28:46 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2015, 08:56:15 PM »

"I heard it as an aromatic medley of opportunistic tranquility." - What Van Dyke Parks might say.

?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2015, 09:07:14 PM »

Excellent well-worded posts by Jason, Buddahat, Don, and Custom Machine to show support of the original thread staying intact. Very good responses by Billy and GF to support their views and why they agreed to abscond with the thread. Hopefully we can somehow rejuvenate the original thread and tie it to this one. Maybe the slanderous comments and statements that violated the rules can be edited out somehow. Maybe Mr. Daro will come back for a proper dialogue; I believe it would be entertaining and educational at the same time.

I second this.

I really don't understand the majority of responses here.  Everyone wants to know what really happened, but when we get a visit from someone who was there you rage against him.  Sorry, it doesn't make sense.  Because he doesn't like Marilyn?  I'm sure she's a lovely woman, but she doesn't need an army of white knights on the Smiley Smile forum to protect her.  And somebody not liking one of their friend's spouses is hardly unusual.  He's entitled to his opinions, popular or not.
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2015, 09:09:41 PM »

So, to sum up, does this mean that Murry was right about Mr. Schwartz?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2015, 09:31:17 PM »

Gerry, if that was really Lorren, I wanted to see if he remembered the Beach Boys recording sessions, specifically the Rhonda session with Murry. On the session tape, you hear Brian ask Lorren to "get the guys" to come back into the studio after their break.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2015, 09:34:53 PM »

what if vdp is actually daro
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2015, 09:47:10 PM »

Excellent well-worded posts by Jason, Buddahat, Don, and Custom Machine to show support of the original thread staying intact. Very good responses by Billy and GF to support their views and why they agreed to abscond with the thread. Hopefully we can somehow rejuvenate the original thread and tie it to this one. Maybe the slanderous comments and statements that violated the rules can be edited out somehow. Maybe Mr. Daro will come back for a proper dialogue; I believe it would be entertaining and educational at the same time.

I second this.

I really don't understand the majority of responses here.  Everyone wants to know what really happened, but when we get a visit from someone who was there you rage against him.  Sorry, it doesn't make sense.  Because he doesn't like Marilyn?  I'm sure she's a lovely woman, but she doesn't need an army of white knights on the Smiley Smile forum to protect her.  And somebody not liking one of their friend's spouses is hardly unusual.  He's entitled to his opinions, popular or not.

Because he was abusive and very, VERY likely spinning the truth to such a degree that his input was worthless. Just because he was "there" doesn't make his account reliable. Should he come back though, sure, he has as much right to speak his mind as anyone. I never intended to run him off, if my comments were the cause, and I've spoken my peace anyway.

It's not that Marilyn *needs* defending so much as I hate to see a good person so shamelessly put down. Call it whatever you want. Although I detest that particular term, as my understanding of it is where the guy hopes to be "rewarded" for his kindness. And somehow, I doubt Marilyn is interested. I call it being a decent person. Potato po-tah-toe maybe. Either way, that's the mother of Brian's children and he's probably the reason we're all here. Not to start that again, but is it really so crazy to think she deserves to be respected and defended if need be?

In any case, that was just one of many problems with Daro if you read this thread.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2015, 09:52:12 PM »

"I heard it as an aromatic medley of opportunistic tranquility." - What Van Dyke Parks might say.

Uhh...thanks, Van LOL

If he is Daro, that's certainly the best (worst?) trolling of all time and more than a little pathetic...

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2015, 09:53:24 PM »

VDP was one of the few people Darro wasn't insulting, in fact praising.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2015, 09:56:07 PM »

VDP was one of the few people Darro wasn't insulting, in fact praising.

Him and Brian's stoner friends I believe.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: January 20, 2015, 10:04:43 PM »

There is so much Bullhonky out there regarding who are the heroes and who are the villains, that I could never come to any definitive conclusions about anybody who hovered around their inner circle.

In real life relations there are no heroes and villains, just humans with flaws.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2015, 10:24:05 PM »

Don't remember. Brian wanted the lyric to include "Good Vibes" instead of vibrations. He argued that the expression that everyone used was "vibes" not vibrations. I acknowledged that, but convinced him that using vibes would trivialize the lyric.

Ah... note, "everyone", not "Loren's hot wife".

"Everyone" would include Lorren's hot wife Linda, ol' pal o' mine. (batting my eyes your way)

Brian has always stated very specifically that his mom told him about dogs & vibrations (just as he's always said it was Danny Hutton's calling everyone "Darlin'" that was responsible for another BB classic title). Thus, it's reasonable to assume that if Darro's wife had inspired him, he'd have told Tony "hey Loren's wife keeps saying "Good Vibes", what a great name for a song!" or some such.

As for VDP's tweet... I'm slightly flattered that he seemingly referenced a post of mine but the fact is, his original tweet on the topic was some 8 months old.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 20, 2015, 10:26:08 PM »

He made another tweet on the topic two hours ago.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx