gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:16:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The fact Mike has admitted to reading this board  (Read 17946 times)
Watch a Cave
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2015, 02:26:08 PM »

I like Al's "Austin Powers" look from the late 60's.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2015, 02:26:41 PM »

Quote from: retrokid67 link=topic=19569.msg493927#msg493927 date=1421 Lo688030
Wasn't there another time where Mike gave a shout out to the message board?  I think someone told him that he should bring back the long beard and the Maharishi robes and he responded to that.

Sounds like something I would say. Does someone have a link for this topic? If I did type it, I never saw his response. Even if someone else asked him, I want to know what he said!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2015, 02:51:01 PM »

Apparently we now have both Mike and Brian reading this board. They could write a new song exchanging ideas via PM.

I think Mike would insist on using the room. Grin

They can use The Sandbox area…

“We live in divisive times.”
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2015, 03:42:10 PM »

Apparently we now have both Mike and Brian reading this board. They could write a new song exchanging ideas via PM.

I think Mike would insist on using the room. Grin

They can use The Sandbox area…

We can even move a virtual piano in there. Ooops.. Wrong room?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2015, 03:47:49 PM »

This place used to be like a fun dive bar on Hawthorne Ave. Now it's a dive bar with secret peepholes and recording devices.

Yup... Mike says on his FB page that he cruises Smiley Smile. Big secret.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2015, 03:55:23 PM »

Well, yeah, that's Mike's way of saying, "Hey, saw you through the peephole yesterday. Pretty funny stuff, guys!"

Mike's watching us. You can't hide.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2015, 03:57:16 PM »

This place used to be like a fun dive bar on Hawthorne Ave. Now it's a dive bar with secret peepholes and recording devices.

Yup... Mike says on his FB page that he cruises Smiley Smile. Big secret.  Grin

These legendary musicians just can't get enough of my writing. It's almost tedious by this point. I know, Brian! I know, Mike! I'm really fascinating!

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2015, 03:58:07 PM »

Really, it was a bit like having my mom walk in the room when I've invited a lady over.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2015, 04:15:46 PM »

Wasn't there another time where Mike gave a shout out to the message board?  I think someone told him that he should bring back the long beard and the Maharishi robes and he responded to that.

Sounds like something I would say. Does someone have a link for this topic? If I did type it, I never saw his response. Even if someone else asked him, I want to know what he said!

Too lazy to post a link. But it's on the  2014 "Happy Birthday Mike" thread.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2015, 06:36:47 PM »

Well, yeah, that's Mike's way of saying, "Hey, saw you through the peephole yesterday. Pretty funny stuff, guys!"

are you Mike?  LOL
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2015, 06:37:48 PM »

I'm happy to say that I'm the third poster. My username is Magic Transistor Radio.

Not the real Magic Transistor Radio though! Maybe I will open up another account and go by Bubbly Waves. Then we can really get confused!
wait a minute you're not the actual Transistor radio from the fairy tale posting "officially" on here?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2015, 06:45:24 PM »

Too lazy to post a link. But it's on the  2014 "Happy Birthday Mike" thread.

From his Facebook page:

Thanks everyone for your kind birthday wishes. I apologize for my delayed response, but I decided to take a couple of days to spend with my family before leaving for the East coast and then onto Japan!
[...]
A special shout to my birthday well-wishers from Smiley Smile...Thank you and to Magic Transistor Radio, Jacquelyne would never go for the beard Smiley
Stay cool Yawl. See you on the road. Peace and Love...ML
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2015, 09:25:44 PM »

I think its safe to say that the majority of the Mike Love negativity on here is a mixture of fair criticism and ribbing. I don't think many diehards have genuine malice towards him. At least I hope not, given he's spent the vast majority of his life on sharing the music we all love.

I'm not taking back my post about 'Wrinkles' though.  Wink
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2015, 09:35:29 PM »

I think its safe to say that the majority of the Mike Love negativity on here is a mixture of fair criticism and ribbing. I don't think many diehards have genuine malice towards him. At least I hope not, given he's spent the vast majority of his life on sharing the music we all love.

I would agree. We criticize all of them for the faults but recognize that they're human and the pros outweigh the cons. I don't think anyone here genuinely hates Mike.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2015, 10:34:20 PM »

I would agree. We criticize all of them for the faults but recognize that they're human and the pros outweigh the cons. I don't think anyone here genuinely hates Mike.

I can think of two posters right away who do.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2015, 12:22:03 AM »

I'm sure Mike is more the Santa type "watching us" than the NSA type "watching us", after all he's given us gifts like "Big Sur".

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2015, 02:50:39 AM »

Now that Brian is on here, I am jonesing for a Brian-Mike banter thread. 
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2015, 03:29:55 AM »

Far, far stranger things have happened in the BB cyber world...

Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2015, 03:33:40 AM »

Hi Mike Smiley
John Stivaktas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2015, 04:21:02 AM »

I was at the Sydney Beach Boys 50th Anniversary concert and I can tell you Mike still can carry a show up front. That was a professional show put on by outstanding entertainers who would put people half their age to shame.

"It's more blessed to give than receive"

“For me, making music has always been a very spiritual thing, and I think anybody who produces records has to feel that, at least a little bit. Producing a record . . . the idea of taking a song, envisioning the overall sound in my head and then bringing the arrangement to life in the studio . . . well, that gives me satisfaction like nothing else.”

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2015, 04:28:28 AM »

Pretty much a waste of time and energy isn't it?  And very likely NOT any good for their own health either.  The Beach Boys have ALWAYS been the sum of their parts.  And the warantee is running out.  Hate THAT.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2015, 07:48:15 AM »

Why, my two favorite Australians posting side by side on the same page... Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2015, 07:50:04 AM »

Really, it was a bit like having my mom walk in the room when I've invited a lady over.

Or a magazine

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2015, 07:59:33 AM »

Pretty much a waste of time and energy isn't it?  And very likely NOT any good for their own health either.  The Beach Boys have ALWAYS been the sum of their parts.  And the warantee is running out.  Hate THAT.

You'd have to seriously consider the possibility that having kept it up for several years here and on other media platforms, there's a degree of mental instability. It's a well-known fact that I hate Morrissey with a passion (his very image churns my stomach), but not enough to feel impelled to make that distaste - hatred, actually - the central tenet of my cyber presence, and to inform roughly 90% of my posts.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:02:31 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2015, 08:09:56 AM »

And what's wrong with a little light social intercourse. You should have asked her to join in.  angel

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx