gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:32:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The fact Mike has admitted to reading this board  (Read 17951 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2015, 03:24:59 PM »

For those who don't know, Mike said this on his facebook

I was just hangin out at home, sitting down soon for dinner and I decided to cruise Smiley Smile.....I stumbled on this photo.....Electrifying! Who came up this one?? I really dig it! Peace...ML

Honestly, that changes things for me. The idea of Mike sitting at home just before dinner, surfing smiley smile on his ipad reading all the awful things said about him on here is a bit of a bummer  Sad

From now on I shall show Mike more of the love he deserves on this board, and I hope you all do the same. After all if it wasn't for him, we may not be here.

We love you Mike, enjoy dinner  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 03:27:53 PM »

He probably expects it at this point.  I hope he looks at some of what we say about him and just laughs.

Not surprised he would read this board.  It certainly gets a lot more activity than the MikeLove.com forum.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 03:40:22 PM by Rocky Raccoon » Logged

jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 03:39:31 PM »

I would guess he does. He's got the huge bank account, several houses and world travel. I'm sure he's laughing at us.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 03:50:45 PM »

I would hope the idea that Mike might read the board doesn't change how anyone posts.

And I would hope that--in addition to Mike laughing at us--anyone here with half a brain laughs at us.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 03:55:27 PM »

Kudos to Mike for mentioning it, and kudos for stomaching some of the grief that's dealt out on here. My respect for him has grown considerably in the last few years.

And now we know you're looking in, Michael, can we Brits beg a few requests for the May/June shows? Like, Only With You? Wake The World? All I Wanna Do… Cool Cool Water… TM — for starters!

:D

“We live in divisive times.”
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 04:00:51 PM »

My first thought was if my better half was about to serve dinner and I said 'I can't help...I need to surf the net' I would probably have a plate thrown at me! LOL
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 04:00:51 PM »

I would hope the idea that Mike might read the board doesn't change how anyone posts.

And I would hope that--in addition to Mike laughing at us--anyone here with half a brain laughs at us.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.  I WAS going to post "I should have been wearing my 'I'm With Stupid' >>>T-Shirt" under that pic of Mike and me.  But NOW???  Think I'll go with  "  Sure am glad Mike isn't wearing his <<<'I'm With Stupid' Hawaiian T-Shirt" under it.  Wink

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I said to him when we were shootin' the sh*t just before the pic was taken..."you know we've met after the 'show' several times over the years.  I've even MC'd about a half dozen of your concerts...but I would expect over that time frame that you've probably met about 10,000 MCs and at least  1/2 a million fans."  Mike agreed that THAT was pretty much the case.  Not a problem.  But now ... ... ... with the captioning under the picture?  I'm golden.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 04:10:35 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 04:12:35 PM »

I have nothing to be afraid of really.  I like Mike. He has a certain quality to him that I like. I like all of them actually. I can't say it's equal for everyone,  but I don't hate any of them. Far from it. I hope I don't come across as a kiss ass. Hahaha
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 05:48:11 PM »

He has a great sense of humor. I'm sure he has a good time reading this.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 05:58:23 PM »

So, what's the photo that he found here?
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 06:01:27 PM »

So, what's the photo that he found here?

This

He even thanked our very own Bossaroo live in concert and put it on the video screen

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 06:02:25 PM »

I don't think Mike reading the board should affect what we post. Of course we should always be respectful, but we should also feel free to express our opinions. That's what the board is for, in addition to sharing facts/news/history.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2015, 06:18:21 PM »

I think all of you guys should post keeping foremost in your mind that Michael Edward Love is squinting really hard at your posts on an iPad with his cold, insect eyes probing for weakness and keeping a list... checking it twice, he's gonna find out who's been naughty and who gets... uh... Bud Light.

He knows what you're thinking. He even knows what you said about Wings on that one thread. He hears your whispers at night. Sometimes Bruce Johnston is dispatched like Igor to do his master's bidding, creeping up by your windows and listening for any jokes about Full House as he shambles along on his dark moonlit missions.

Well, either that or someone just forwarded his people a pic from Smiley Smile.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:21:33 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2015, 07:11:14 PM »

I would think that Mike would be thrilled with this board than most others.  Over all, there is a lot more fairness here. Most other boards, if you post anything positive about Mike Love, everyone would call you an idiot. There is enough Mike supporters on here to bring balance. Am I wrong?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2015, 07:28:16 PM »

I don't think Mike reading the board should affect what we post. Of course we should always be respectful, but we should also feel free to express our opinions. That's what the board is for, in addition to sharing facts/news/history.

When have we ever been respectful?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 07:55:26 PM »

I would think that Mike would be thrilled with this board than most others.  Over all, there is a lot more fairness here. Most other boards, if you post anything positive about Mike Love, everyone would call you an idiot. There is enough Mike supporters on here to bring balance. Am I wrong?

Not wrong at all.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Peter Reum
Honored Guest

Serving fine tortillas since 1965

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 08:52:37 PM »

Don't doubt for a minute that everyone connected to The Beach Boys at one time or another reads this board. The people who are The Beach Boys and their families have feelings and can be really hurt by thoughtless sniping here. I am not asking people to censor themselves, but I am asking folks to put yourselves in their place and think about what you say. We are humans with feelings first.

If it runs amuck, call the duck
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2015, 08:58:32 PM »

One million percent agreed, Peter.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 09:32:27 PM »

Agreed Peter, but it's up to the mods to enforce respectful behavior.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 09:52:01 PM »

And I think they are doing a great job. It's impossible to stop every stupid remark before they occur. And of course a successful board has to balance out the freedom of ones own opinion with what is unnecessary. I definitely don't want that job!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 10:22:49 PM »

With Ray, Debbie, Loren and now Mike showing up (admittedly not posting, that we know of), the SS board has really entered a new phase. Not sure if that's good or bad, but it most certainly is changing rapidly. And a new BW album is almost upon us, too!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 10:32:38 PM »

I would guess he does. He's got the huge bank account, several houses and world travel. I'm sure he's laughing at us.

Some of us...  Grin

And, once again, along with a few others, I've been telling everyone for years that these forums are regularly monitored by interested parties. Maybe now the naysayers will believe us.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 10:35:13 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 10:35:43 PM »

With Ray, Debbie, Loren and now Mike showing up (admittedly not posting, that we know of), the SS board has really entered a new phase. Not sure if that's good or bad, but it most certainly is changing rapidly. And a new BW album is almost upon us, too!
we certainly live in interesting times.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2015, 10:38:55 PM »

Interesting point: if the guidelines were stringently applied, we'd have about seven people posting... and I sure as hell wouldn't be one of them.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2015, 10:57:08 PM »

He probably expects it at this point.  I hope he looks at some of what we say about him and just laughs.

Not surprised he would read this board.  It certainly gets a lot more activity than the MikeLove.com forum.

I am proud to announce that I am the first poster on the mikelove.com vibe room under the name red35rob. I tried to change it to Magic Transistor Radio, but once you pick a name you're stuck with it.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx