gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:48:28 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Two Lane Blacktop" Vehicle Sold At Auction Today  (Read 2318 times)
DSalter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2015, 10:05:27 PM »

fyi - one of the vehicles used in "Two Lane Blacktop" was auctioned today for $159,500:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Archive/Event/Item/1955-CHEVROLET-CUSTOM--TWO-LANE-BLACKTOP-179962

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 10:21:54 PM »

Very cool, thanks for posting! The very car Dennis and James Taylor were in. I had no idea about this auction, thanks again for the info. Make sure to read the backstory at the link, interesting stuff.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 11:25:11 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 11:01:02 AM »

Drumroll
fyi - one of the vehicles used in "Two Lane Blacktop" was auctioned today for $159,500:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Archive/Event/Item/1955-CHEVROLET-CUSTOM--TWO-LANE-BLACKTOP-179962

COMMENT:  Dennis was one of the images from the movie that was shown to the very large crowd at the Scottsdale Auction and to a world-wide audience via Velocity TV channel. Velocity added 36 hours to its regular programming lineup for this world-class auction. If you are a car buff check it out (link below). And if you're really interested you can find much more on the Internet. The auction action of selling one unique car after another lasted six hours of every night this week. I've seen Mike on Velocity talking about his old MG and other cars ... and car songs, but I never expected to see Dennis up on the screen. That was a special treat.  Drumroll ~swd

https://www.youtube.com/user/BarrettJacksonWeb
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 11:06:12 AM by Stephen W. Desper » Logged
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 11:07:11 AM »

D A N G !!!!  And I'm looking for a slightly used car too.

Although THAT one might be a tad older than what I want. Shocked  Whatever I get...I'll spin Pacific Ocean Blue and Sweet Baby James in it and feel like I got a bargain.

[by the way...someone left the vegetable crisper on the hood.  Kids!!!]

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 11:10:11 AM »

I had heard around the time of TLB that Dennis had actually worked on this car.  Anyone else hear something like this?

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 11:20:37 AM »

D A N G !!!!  And I'm looking for a slightly used car too.

Although THAT one might be a tad older than what I want. Shocked  Whatever I get...I'll spin Pacific Ocean Blue and Sweet Baby James in it and feel like I got a bargain.

[by the way...someone left the vegetable crisper on the hood.  Kids!!!]

If the sales price for this one didn't faze you, then why mess around looking at any ratty used cars?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 11:32:04 AM »

COMMENT:

If you are reading this on Sunday, Jan 18, 2015, you can view the auction on Velocity Cable Channel all the way until Monday at 6am.
~swd
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx