gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681648 Posts in 27652 Topics by 4085 Members - Latest Member: RZLSommer June 24, 2024, 12:43:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: John Stebbins FAQ Book: Rather harsh on Brian's Solo Tours and Handlers?  (Read 43528 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2015, 01:34:30 PM »

As a witness to Landy's first AND second eras, as well as his time with Melinda, I can tell you that milieu therapy was needed for Brian to be able to break the self-destructive patterns he had established. The problem that occurred with Landy the first time was that he became greedy financially and was sacked. The second time he did a solid job using milieu therapy to detox Brian and to help him to establish healthy habits. The rub was that Dr. Landy thought he knew more about psychotropic medications than he really did, and a toxic mix caused very serious health problems for Brian as he got into his late 40s and 50s. Melinda, to her credit, saw the warning I gave the people who needed to separate Landy and Brian, and took that warning seriously. The guardianship was a legal status NOT a psychiatric status. Landy had insinuated himself into the medical, social, and most egregiously, the financial part of Brian's life. A team of advocates worked with the late Carl Wilson to "Free Brian." Afterward, the presiding judge required that a conservatorship be established to prevent Landy from returning and to keep Brian's finances and medical situation from further deteriorating. That Melinda Wilson took the conservatorship was needed, because Carl Wilson was caring for his and Brian's mother, who was not well. It is tragic to think that Carl died so young, instead of seeing his family expand. Melinda discharged her conservatorship with the SUPERVISION of the court.  Brian had his conservatorship stopped due to his psychotherapeutic progress and vastly improving physical health. He married Melinda, and their union has lasted nearly 20 years. They have adopted 5 children, who adore their dad. The music progress that Ray Lawlor cites is impressive. But none of it would have happened without David Leaf and his wife Eva, Melinda, and Ray Lawlor and Jerry Weiss. This "circle of support" as we term it in therapy, helped Brian feel safe enough to take risks musically that he never dreamed were possible. This would include playing live, which gave him the tangible and real adoration he needed to be validated for creating gorgeous music, thereby helping him to feel safe and motivated to open the spiritual spigot that he needs to compose all those great songs. Is he still affected by his neurochemical imbalances in his brain? YES. Do these neurochemical imbalances have to hinder him from writing music, playing  live and feeling love of the audience wash over him, and produce and arrange new music? NO! As long as that circle of support, people who love him as he is, not how they want him to be, he will be free to create as his spirituality moves him for as long as he lives.

Thanks for that informative post, Peter! Well put.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2015, 01:36:15 PM »

Thanks Billy...'cause I didn't want to read that kind [kittykat I mean] of response to Peter's addition to the wrap on this subject.  This has been a GREAT thread...and a horror show all rolled into one.  But I do think we now collectively have the up-to-date final word on where Brian is as of January 17, 2015 at 4:36...give or take...est.  [and that place is a pretty good one.  REALLY great actually.]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 01:37:19 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2015, 01:40:38 PM »

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pMZseigAGek

This is a very informative video.  Any thought that Melinda is a product of Eugene Landy, which I have seen posts that insinuate that, she claims to have faught against Landy from the beginning.  Now, the question of the percent of Brian's songs in his solo albums that he has actually written or produced is an interesting one. I have heard different things from different people on that.  Having said that, it seems that his current management and handlers care a lot about Brian. Weather we agree with everything they do or not. I think even Mike Love would admit that Brian is in a much better place than he was with Landy. Speaking of which, has Mike ever made that comparison?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2015, 01:44:47 PM »

No, Mike just kindly implies that BW is controlled now by prescription meds instead of street drugs. Really loving thing to say to the press.

Oo, just caught up with the last page. This is one happy Per-twat! Altho if she wanted to mock my real name, I also used to get junk mail as Andre Percapitaincomeski.

Excellent post from Peter. Thanks for the insight.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 01:52:53 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2015, 01:54:39 PM »

And that, my friends, is the very last post you will EVER see of this asshat. I don't care if somebody spams my PM box begging for his/her/it to be reinstated. It will NEVER happen. KittyKat is now at the bottom of the litter box and will never return.

Edit-

In case anyone asks, KittyKat's banning has nothing to do with being critical of Brian*; he/she/it has been asking for it for well over a year now (literally...I've never had anybody *dare* me to ban them before). It's one thing to have an opinion. It's another to actively try to start sh*t, like this feral freak has done pretty much since registration. This was more along the lines of a 'last straw' type of deal.

I second this decision. Completely.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2015, 02:02:43 PM »

The thing is...too...This site is what it is because of the folks who come in to post their special gems of unique and REAL information.  And that will continue if dolts are allowed to just spew on everything these guests add to the real conversation?

Gotta keep the pick-pockets at bay...or those who come bearing gifts will simply stay away.  This, off the top of my head, is THE MOST informative thread I've ever seen in all my years of reading Beach Boys related information on-line.  Horse's mouth fact...not opinion, speculation or educated guesses.  Outstanding stuff.

Rock on Brian.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2015, 02:06:35 PM »

Great guy, that Ray Lawlor, violating Brian's doctor/patient confidentiality issues and his privacy. Oh, but he's a well-paid aviation executive with enough time and money to go around chasing after his so-called friend. The friend who no longer apparently speaks to either David Leaf or Van Dyke Parks, for whatever reasons (wonder what happened to those relationships of Brian's). Every time Ray comes on to a thread, a chill comes over and everyone starts talking about beer. Whatever. I guess I have an agenda. He reminds me of Frank Lima, a sycophant of Ray Davies who follows Ray around on various tours and has lunch and dinner with him. Frank also participates in Kinks message boards, but at least he's nice to fans and doesn't try to be high-handed and try to set the record straight. As if he'd know, because he doesn't.

I'm waiting for Mike Love to send me a check. Because every time someone says something vaguely critical of Team Wilson or his friends (who for all anyone knows may have been sent here by Melinda, in exchange for continued access to Brian, or they did it on their own with that thinking in mind), people are accused of being closepersonafriends of Mike Love. Flame away.
And that, my friends, is the very last post you will EVER see of this asshat. I don't care if somebody spams my PM box begging for his/her/it to be reinstated. It will NEVER happen. KittyKat is now at the bottom of the litter box and will never return.

Edit-

In case anyone asks, KittyKat's banning has nothing to do with being critical of Brian*; he/she/it has been asking for it for well over a year now (literally...I've never had anybody *dare* me to ban them before). It's one thing to have an opinion. It's another to actively try to start sh*t, like this feral freak has done pretty much since registration. This was more along the lines of a 'last straw' type of deal.

*-Oddly enough, I've had a a couple of people accuse me of being Brian-biased AND biased towards Mike. Guess it depends on the season and alignment of planets LOL
w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2015, 02:08:30 PM »

Great guy, that Ray Lawlor, violating Brian's doctor/patient confidentiality issues and his privacy. Oh, but he's a well-paid aviation executive with enough time and money to go around chasing after his so-called friend. The friend who no longer apparently speaks to either David Leaf or Van Dyke Parks, for whatever reasons (wonder what happened to those relationships of Brian's). Every time Ray comes on to a thread, a chill comes over and everyone starts talking about beer. Whatever. I guess I have an agenda. He reminds me of Frank Lima, a sycophant of Ray Davies who follows Ray around on various tours and has lunch and dinner with him. Frank also participates in Kinks message boards, but at least he's nice to fans and doesn't try to be high-handed and try to set the record straight. As if he'd know, because he doesn't.

I'm waiting for Mike Love to send me a check. Because every time someone says something vaguely critical of Team Wilson or his friends (who for all anyone knows may have been sent here by Melinda, in exchange for continued access to Brian, or they did it on their own with that thinking in mind), people are accused of being closepersonafriends of Mike Love. Flame away.

Edit-

*-Oddly enough, I've had a a couple of people accuse me of being Brian-biased AND biased towards Mike. Guess it depends on the season and alignment of planets LOL

Now can we have Ghost back, please?
 Cool Guy

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2015, 02:19:43 PM »

Edit-

Agreed all around.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2015, 02:33:29 PM »

Drinking Buddies

Edit-

Agreed all around.
  Thumbs Up As a non-mod, I support this decision. Rock! Now then...about that beer? Drinking Buddies

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2015, 02:34:16 PM »

Billy "The Hammer" Castillo strikes again! Cool

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2015, 02:42:05 PM »

Well that was.......interesting.  Glad to know I am "well paid" and I travel around to meet my "so called friend" and am a Frank Lima sycophant wannabe ! I better have a fresh look at my checking account and delete Brian's phone numbers from my cell phone.

Moronic.  What I will address though is the false accusation that I "violated Brian's doctor/patient confidentiality issues and his privacy.  What I posted, the information about Brian's doctors 'i.e. who they are, is Public Record.  I posted nothing about his therapy or what his medication is ; nor would I ever What rubbish.

The Board should be about musical discussion and debate, not about the personal lives of these guys and their families. I understand the interest in Brian's story ; it's compelling ; and there can and is intelligent dialoge about his continuing story.

There is a new place that recently opened up by me called Das Biergarten.  Bavarian joint.  I am going there in an hour to have a few well required Haaker Pshoor's , a very nice Bavarian Weissbier.  Cheers KK
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2015, 02:44:38 PM »

I don't (rather, can't) drink, but I bow in your general direction and let out a giant 'huzzah'
LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2015, 02:46:25 PM »

There is a new place that recently opened up by me called Das Biergarten.  Bavarian joint.  I am going there in an hour to have a few well required Haaker Pshoor's , a very nice Bavarian Weissbier.  Cheers KK

Ray, being the executive you are, do you have enough clout to scramble a few jets and send them out to pick some of us up so we can meet you for a few Haaker Pshoor's ?  

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2015, 02:48:17 PM »

Ray, being the executive you are, do you have enough clout to scramble a few jets and send them out to pick some of us up so we can meet you for a few Haaker Pshoor's ?  

Would you like a Gulfstream V or a Lear ?

Actally maybe a Boeing Business Jet (B-737) will be required
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 02:51:19 PM by Ray Lawlor » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2015, 02:50:20 PM »

Aisle seat for me. Bob Hope Airport is good.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2015, 02:53:03 PM »

SS beer convention 2015.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2015, 02:55:10 PM »

SS beer convention 2015.
Stellar idea. Somewhere warm please ! But the beer must be cold. And no godda...mn Bud Lights !
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 02:56:08 PM by Ray Lawlor » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2015, 03:03:41 PM »

SS beer convention 2015.
Stellar idea. Somewhere warm please ! But the beer must be cold. And no godda...mn Bud Lights !

But BUT what do you have against Belgian/Brazilian beer?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2015, 03:14:14 PM »

I'm gonna stow away in the luggage compartment, as long as airport security doesn't have the 'special' dogs nearby...

Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2015, 03:15:47 PM »

SS beer convention 2015.

But BUT what do you have against Belgian/Brazilian beer?

Chris....bring it on ....
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2015, 03:18:32 PM »

Edit-

Billy, I believe that weirdly aligned planet was a giant hairball coughed toward Earth, but you nuked it and saved the day.  Now sycophant that I am, I'm trying to kiss ass and get in line to have Ray send me a G-V, too.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2015, 03:22:43 PM »

I'm gonna stow away in the luggage compartment, as long as airport security doesn't have the 'special' dogs nearby...
Talk about hotboxing....

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2015, 03:25:13 PM »

Edit-

Billy, I believe that weirdly aligned planet was a giant hairball coughed toward Earth, but you nuked it and saved the day.  Now sycophant that I am, I'm trying to kiss ass and get in line to have Ray send me a G-V, too.

LOL
Save me a spot!!!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2015, 03:25:46 PM »

Talk about hotboxing....
Cool LOL

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx