gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 10:11:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Finally!!!  (Read 8059 times)
groganb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2015, 09:12:24 PM »

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/thewreckingcrew/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 09:19:01 PM »

March 13.

Sweet!
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 09:49:50 PM »

There was only one band behind the Beach Boys: Not the Beach Boys. Not once. Not ever. Fuckin' PHONIES.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 10:59:54 PM »

What an ambiguous thread title. My 1st thought was, "Finally, new Brian rec!!!".

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 11:30:37 PM »

I thought that the world was blowing up,,, I was excited until I opened the thread,wow what a major disappointment, it just isn't my day.. sigh,,oh well.. maybe next time..
bonnevillemariner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 07:04:25 AM »

This board seriously needs a mod/editor for thread titles.  "Two new BW songs!!!" "Finally!!!"  "John Stamos accused!!!" 
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 07:45:43 AM »

Actually, I for one have no problem with the title. I'm really looking forward to seeing this thing.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 07:55:27 AM »

I'm very much looking forward to seeing this as well. But I agree that thread titles need to be more informative than they've been lately. It just makes for less time wasted if the threads are properly labeled.

Also, I recommend that people stop using quotation marks in thread titles, and start using 'apostrophes' instead. On the main SS page, quotation marks delete whatever is quoted, and make it annoying to tell what the thread title actually is.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 08:38:14 AM »

I thought I was going to see the flying cars they've been promising us since the early 70's.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 08:44:29 AM »

I thought I was going to see the flying cars they've been promising us since the early 70's.
according to Back to the future 2 we have until October of this year so there's still hope.. LOL
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 08:48:42 AM »

There was only one band behind the Beach Boys: Not the Beach Boys. Not once. Not ever. Fuckin' PHONIES.

I guess what they mean is that the WC were the only band who were behind all of those other artists at some point.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 11:45:01 AM »

Actually, I for one have no problem with the title. I'm really looking forward to seeing this thing.

ditto
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 12:14:29 PM »

I guess what they mean is that the WC were the only band who were behind all of those other artists at some point.
Saw this a couple of years ago and found it was an exciting film, and a story that needs to be told in context of the entire and massive music industry of that era. Many of the musicians are not doing their own on stage "accompaniment" and many are primarily vocalists and not a touring "band" such as The Beach Boys.  It is not just about The Beach Boys.  It is about studio musicians, many of whom became superstars in their own right, such as Glenn Campbell, Leon Russell, Herb Albert, etc. 

Taken as a whole, it is exciting, to hear interviews with Cher, Nancy Sinatra and Brian Wilson. And the footage is priceless.  But, as some errors have surfaced and have been authenticated, it is a story to be taken with a grain of salt, perhaps as it relates to some musicians.  I found it such a learning experience to learn that the music epicenter moved from New York to the West Coast.  It is probably a "must see" at least for boomers, but now as a result of some of the resident experts, we know it has come errors, but likely might find the "big picture" is an exciting one.  JMHO  Wink
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 01:51:47 PM »

What an ambiguous thread title. My 1st thought was, "Finally, new Brian rec!!!".
Me, too.  Thought for sure there was something big from NPP to be revealed.

Oh, well.  This is nice, I suppose.
groganb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 08:08:09 PM »

Sheesh.  I'm happy that some folks' lives are so awesome that the title of this thread is worth such outrage. I was just genuinely excited. Not trying to trick anyone.
Will the film be 100% flawless and free of annoying inaccuracies? Nah. But it's been gestating for yearsandyears, and I was just, and still am, excited to be able to FINALLY (ahem) see it.
So so-reeee.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 08:22:33 PM »

Sheesh.  I'm happy that some folks' lives are so awesome that the title of this thread is worth such outrage. I was just genuinely excited. Not trying to trick anyone.
Will the film be 100% flawless and free of annoying inaccuracies? Nah. But it's been gestating for yearsandyears, and I was just, and still am, excited to be able to FINALLY (ahem) see it.
So so-reeee.

*giggle* folks just think it was a really vague thread title, which is mildly annoying on any message board regardless of what's being posted, that's all. Not a big issue at all, but uh, "specific is terrific," as my extremely annoying English teacher used to say.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 11:19:08 PM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 08:46:00 PM »

folks just think it was a really vague thread title, which is mildly annoying on any message board regardless of what's being posted.
runners is right again. ^_^ It was not slight at you, groganb, it doesn't take much time to title thread accurately, y'know. Full description, like "Trailer of the Wrecking Crew film appeared, finally!!!". See? Easy.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 09:04:10 PM »

I'll reserve my exclamation of "Finally!" when Craig's sessionography is released, in expanded book form preferably. Grin

Unless The Wrecking Crew's Beach Boys segment has been radically revised, the myth goes on...

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 09:15:50 PM »

Regardless of all the drama and arguing between the fans, the filmmakers, Carol Kaye... this looks like it's going to turn out pretty cool.

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 09:28:08 PM »

I'm very much looking forward to seeing this as well. But I agree that thread titles need to be more informative than they've been lately. It just makes for less time wasted if the threads are properly labeled.

Also, I recommend that people stop using quotation marks in thread titles, and start using 'apostrophes' instead. On the main SS page, quotation marks delete whatever is quoted, and make it annoying to tell what the thread title actually is.

I think you're taking that SS Acronym a little too far...
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 11:15:44 PM »

If the WC took the BBs' places when they were on tour, who took the WC's places when they were on holiday? Who was the one band behind the one band behind all those bands?

Note that some of the '66 Good Vibes session footage (staged?) has been included in the trailer – assume this has been woven into the film since it was first completed?

“We live in divisive times.”
Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 04:13:01 AM »

Who was the one band behind the one band behind all those bands?

You're killing me John!  LOL

Some of our forum members suffer from an acute form of cynicism resulting in a complete lack of patience and manners in the face of anything joyful or optimistic. Try to humor them as best you can for the time being, and one day, with your help, we will find a cure for this devastating disease. This has been a public service announcement.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 05:03:09 AM »

I think you're taking that SS Acronym a little too far...

Whoops! Shocked Didn't mean to imply Smiley Smile, meant Schutzstaffel

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 10:34:53 AM »

Finally!!!

The discovery of vintage SMiLE vocals?

The unearthing of the lost GV vocal tracks?

Wild Honey album in stereo?

Naw....none of the above.  Thanks, OP!  Now I've got to go get my heart rate down again.... Sad
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2015, 12:55:50 PM »

Sheesh.  I'm happy that some folks' lives are so awesome that the title of this thread is worth such outrage. I was just genuinely excited. Not trying to trick anyone.
So so-reeee.

When I read the title I thought the Rock had come home to the Smiley message board.   Afro

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx