gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:48:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dreams about BB/BW  (Read 12062 times)
halblaineisgood
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2015, 05:16:06 AM »

I used to have dreams of phil spector moving into a house across the street .
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 05:44:49 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2015, 12:56:45 PM »

I used to have dreams of phil spector moving into a house across the street .

I have bad dreams a lot, too.
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 03:07:59 PM »

I had a bizarre dream that Mike Love used a picture from this board during his live shows and gave a shout out to the SS board.  Then things took another twist when Brian joined the board! Grin
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2015, 03:31:50 PM »

I had a dream that Al Jardine posted a long introductory post but it somehow got eaten when he hit ENTER and he was so discouraged he gave up and mended a fence instead. Pretty dull dream to be honest.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2015, 08:52:54 PM »

My dream was that a well-known BB collector (who was faceless in the dream and will be nameless here...) played me a surrepitiously-recorded videotape that proved it was none other than "Clean" Al Jardine who was in flagrante with the girl in that notorious studio session and had his orgasmic howls captured for use in the fade of "All I Want To Do"...guess he's gotta way with girls!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2015, 09:48:07 PM »

Just last night, I had a dream that I was at an electronic music convention here in Houston. I was messing around with some stuff, when I hear someone behind me go 'hey kid that's pretty good'. Turn around, and there's Ray Lawlor with some younger dude with spiky hair. Ray asks me if I still produce or 'just f*** around'. I'm like, yeah, I still produce. Next thing I know he gives me a card with Brian's number and is like 'Brian's heard your stuff, man, and he wants you to call him, like right the hell now'. I start dialing...

and the motherfucking alarm clock wakes me up LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2015, 10:30:17 PM »

I had a dream that Al Jardine posted a long introductory post but it somehow got eaten when he hit ENTER and he was so discouraged he gave up and mended a fence instead. Pretty dull dream to be honest.

But a funny post! Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2015, 04:55:31 AM »

Last night I dreamed I was at an ex's place and when she went off to bed, the NPP televised special was on. It had several additional new songs from what we know, including with and without guests. Scott and Darian had a tune where they split leads. I heard all the music and it was great (which means I write like BW, right?).

They kept saying the album would be out next week.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2015, 04:32:05 PM »

Last night I had a dream that Brian Wilson posted on the Smiley Smile board. The air was fresh and clear and everybody on the board posted to tell Brian how much they loved him and how much his music has meant to them in their lives. Weird, right?

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2015, 05:25:28 AM »

I had a dream about a year or so ago that I was walking down the street with someone and my tooth felt wobbly, I went to pull it out and my whole jaw came with it.  The other person said "get to a hospital now" so  all of a sudden we're at a dentist and I went to the counter and I was Carl and Dennis was with me. I stated that I needed an emergency visit (how I said this with no jaw, I don't know) and the receptionist said oh you are Carl Wilson!  Come right in.  When I woke I thought I meant I was going to get sick..  Freaky dream.

Also had a dream that Tom Cruise was a serial killer and he found out I knew and came after me. My dog turned into a human and saved me.  Smiley
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2015, 05:39:47 AM »

LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2015, 05:55:00 AM »

Hello
Hello, Wild-Honey! Nice to see you around! How you're doing down under? I'm fine, thanks.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2015, 08:59:54 AM »

My only dream so far that I remember was in 2012, when I dreamt I watched a music video to "Isn't It Time" (album version, I think - no recording of the dream has surfaced Wink 2) on TV. At the beginning the 5 C50 BBs sat in rocking chairs in an old people's home, mocking themselves as old age people. They got livelier throughout the song and in the end danced with female inhabitants. Jeff Foskett and Darian S. played carers in the video. Shocked

Micha, that would be a very cool video!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2015, 10:15:46 AM »

Mods, is there any chance of merging this fine topic with these?

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,15251.0.htm
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,5262.0.html

Then all the dreams will be in one place. I bow to your better judgement if it's not practical...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2015, 08:38:03 AM »

I had a dream that I was rehearsing with the (WHOLE) group in my backyard. Carl was playing his Gibson 12 String, Al was playing his white Strat (Shocker, huh), Bruce was playing his Fender Precision Bass from the late 60's, Denny was playing drums, Blondie was playing his Les Paul, Ricky was just playing a tambourine, David Marks was playing a Fender Jaguar, Brian was sitting there not playing, and I was playing a Hammond Organ.
I have no idea, why every single Beach Boy would be in MY backyard rehearsing WITH ME, but it sure was a fun dream! We played "Aren't You Glad" and "Santa Ana Winds"
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2015, 05:28:36 PM »

Last night I had a dream that I was talking with Chuck Britz, Carl Wilson, and Glen Campbell about the Today! sessions… Interesting dream.
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2016, 07:15:13 AM »

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I was in the back seat of a limo, sitting between Mike and Carl. The car stereo was playing the 2012 mix of Rock 'n Roll Music from Made in California. I asked if it was possible to remix 15 Big Ones to make it a better album. Carl responded with a curt and very quick "no", sounding more like he didn't want to deal with the subject than provide a factual answer.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 07:22:16 AM by Joel Goldenberg » Logged
Hot Rod
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2016, 07:35:15 AM »

I once had a dream about Btian, too!

https://thebarbecuties.bandcamp.com/track/the-life-of-brian
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2016, 08:08:38 AM »

None of my dreams about the BBs had anything to do with music.
Brian has popped up from time to time, mainly in 'cameo' roles. For example we'll sit down to dinner and he shows up - 'Hi Brian'- he eats, not saying a word, gets up to leave - bye Brian - then the dream continues.
Have had one Brian centric dream but it's rather involved.

I've actually had more dreams involving Al. The first and the funniest: it took place in 1968, and Al declared that he was fed up and didn't want to put up with it anymore. Don't know what he was upset about but in that year there was a lot of crazy stuff going on.
There was a grove of oak trees. Al decided to go up in one of them and not come down until the problem was solved. There were others who sympathized with him and proceeded to occupy the other trees. Don't know when he finally came down as I woke up.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2016, 08:27:49 AM »

I didn't think to revive thread coz I forget the dreams but I did see Brian ca. 1965-6 where he with Carl visit my school. They're my friends, even. Dunno what we talked, we just stood there for ages in the school yard. Absurd.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
branaa09
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2016, 10:39:33 AM »

I had a dream one time where I was in a Studio I don't know if was Western 3 or not but, I sat in on some musicians recording the backing track to 409. It wasn't the boys like on the record, it was the Wrecking Crew. It was very interesting!   LOL
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:40:07 AM by branaa09 » Logged
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2016, 10:50:56 AM »

None of my dreams about the BBs had anything to do with music.
Brian has popped up from time to time, mainly in 'cameo' roles. For example we'll sit down to dinner and he shows up - 'Hi Brian'- he eats, not saying a word, gets up to leave - bye Brian - then the dream continues.
Have had one Brian centric dream but it's rather involved.

I've actually had more dreams involving Al. The first and the funniest: it took place in 1968, and Al declared that he was fed up and didn't want to put up with it anymore. Don't know what he was upset about but in that year there was a lot of crazy stuff going on.
There was a grove of oak trees. Al decided to go up in one of them and not come down until the problem was solved. There were others who sympathized with him and proceeded to occupy the other trees. Don't know when he finally came down as I woke up.

Sounds like a great song Al could write — A Day on the Branch of a Tree.
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2016, 10:53:43 AM »

I had a dream one time where I was in a Studio I don't know if was Western 3 or not but, I sat in on some musicians recording the backing track to 409. It wasn't the boys like on the record, it was the Wrecking Crew. It was very interesting!   LOL

409 with horns, numerous guitars, sleigh bells and Carol Kaye's bass. Love it!
PetSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2016, 11:09:58 AM »

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 01:38:40 PM by PetSmile » Logged

"Join the young and often spring you gave" - Surf's Up (BW/VDP)
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2016, 07:47:11 PM »

I used to have dreams that I had located holy grail unknown pieces and sections of Smile that were mind-blowingly terrific, variations and elaborations on what is already known but taking it to another more mystical and ethereal level. I always hear it in some circumstance or other (obscure bootleg, band or insider tape etc.) but then discover that I don't quite have it in my possession and its ultimate elusiveness has remained so, tantalizingly close but just out of reach.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx