gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 11:31:30 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dreams about BB/BW  (Read 12108 times)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2015, 03:23:26 PM »

Last night I had a dream that I was a touring member of the Beach Boys, the 2012 lineup (again). There was a weird forest area backstage that people kept going in and out of (myself included), Melinda yelled at me between every song, we performed "Lonely Sea" and Brian sang while walking around the stage making dramatic gestures, there are like five minute breaks between each song, I spent much of the dream frantically looking for a setlist, and I didn't see Al Jardine anywhere (slacker). Then I was woken up because I literally live on the loudest block in the United States of America Angry

What are YOUR Beach Boys dreams like? ^_^

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 08:08:45 PM »

A couple of weeks back I dreamt that I was at a Brian solo concert. I wasn't sitting in the audience. My seat was right by the side of the stage. At one point I shook Brian's hand and told him that it was "nice to meet you again" (I met Brian in real life back in 2009). Then at some point he began to sing Solar System. Neat dream!

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 08:52:37 PM »

I once had a dream that I met Mike, Al and Bruce at an airport which was also my apartment (funny how it all made sense to me when I was dreaming it).
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 07:10:07 AM »

Last night I had a dream that I was a touring member of the Beach Boys, the 2012 lineup (again). There was a weird forest area backstage that people kept going in and out of (myself included), Melinda yelled at me between every song, we performed "Lonely Sea" and Brian sang while walking around the stage making dramatic gestures, there are like five minute breaks between each song, I spent much of the dream frantically looking for a setlist, and I didn't see Al Jardine anywhere (slacker). Then I was woken up because I literally live on the loudest block in the United States of America Angry

What are YOUR Beach Boys dreams like? ^_^

How much did you get paid? LOL

My dreams...and they haven't happened for a LONG time because [except for gettin' together with Mike a few weeks back...and I never dream about Mike...] I'm just not running into the group anymore or hangin' backstage, or MC'in' their shows...were always about sittin' around in the backstage/dressing room areas...shootin' the breeze.  Then the dream[ s ] would morph into something else as they began to disjoint and fall apart into some kind of snooze-induced scene-jumping gobbledeegook.  [ That spelled right Mikie? Wink ]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 07:13:34 AM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 08:01:37 AM »

I've had quite a few dreams about Brian - most of them having to do with him singing me songs at a piano...some of them original songs I have never heard before...how I wish I could remember what they sounded like Cheesy

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 08:35:34 AM »

I've had quite a few dreams about Brian - most of them having to do with him singing me songs at a piano...some of them original songs I have never heard before...how I wish I could remember what they sounded like Cheesy
I've got that going on as well. The songs are noteworthy, locked in the vaults and will most likely never be released. Grin

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 09:14:03 AM »

I coulda swore I related my two or three BB's/Brian dreams in the following thread, but I don't see them there:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,15251.0.htm

Must have been in yet another dream thread.  Perhaps maybe all these dream threads can be merged?
JasonK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 09:43:28 AM »

I dreamed the other night that I was back watching them make Feel Flows in the studio, and someone was playing the guitar part in the break, but on a keyboard, and I was getting frustrated because I knew it was a guitar.  I kept telling them, but no one listened.
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 10:02:06 AM »

Haven't had a Beach Boys dream.  When I was much younger I had a dream that Sammy Hagar invited me to Van Halen's home studio to listen to unreleased Van Halen songs.  It was so cool to actually hear completed songs in my dream only to wake up and realize that they don't exist which was really annoying because I could remember parts of them.
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 10:07:09 AM »

I found the one I was looking for.  I posted this like 6 years ago!

<<<<The only BB related dream I can ever remember having was where my wife and I were sitting in the audience at an outdoor performance or ceremony, or something.  I looked over at the fellow sitting next to me on the other side and it was none other than Brian Wilson (present day, BTW).  I wanted to introduce myself, and start a conversation with him, but I couldn't bring myself to say anything.  And Brian didn't seem to notice me staring at him.  He just sat looking straight ahead like he was deep in thought.>>>>

Wow, I was still married then!  How times change!

I also recall having a dream where I heard a cassette of a finished 1967 mix of Brian singing "I Wanna Be Around", that was simply amazing!

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 11:13:47 AM »

I also recall having a dream where I heard a cassette of a finished 1967 mix of Brian singing "I Wanna Be Around", that was simply amazing!

That part of the dream came true...as Brian got very ROUND there for awhile. Wink

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 12:26:46 PM »

Haven't had a Beach Boys dream.  When I was much younger I had a dream that Sammy Hagar invited me to Van Halen's home studio to listen to unreleased Van Halen songs.  It was so cool to actually hear completed songs in my dream only to wake up and realize that they don't exist which was really annoying because I could remember parts of them.

That's what dreams are made of.  LOL
Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 02:04:44 PM »

A few months ago, I had a dream I went to see the Beach Boys.  The Beatles were the opening act.  Just before the concert, the entire sound system broke.  Instead of a concert, Paul McCartney just wandered around the aisles, greeting the audience and taking with people.  He was a nice guy.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 02:28:43 PM »

I coulda swore I related my two or three BB's/Brian dreams in the following thread, but I don't see them there:

Must have been in yet another dream thread.  Perhaps maybe all these dream threads can be merged?
Here's another. I reckon this is where you posted your dreams, sockittome.

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,5262.0.html

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 02:38:42 PM »

A few years ago, I dreamed that I went to a swank hotel where Brian was staying. His family said it was up to me to get him ready for the show. I went to the room. When he saw me, he said "You finally got here!" and gave me a big hug. I got him downstairs to the pool so he could swim and get in shape for the show.

A few weeks later they announced C50. The world owes me.
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 09:31:28 AM »

I don't recall any dreams, but I do wish I was in back to the future and go back in time to save Dennis and Carl.
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 09:09:44 PM »

Last night I had a dream there were 2 separate articles in Time magazine:  one on Mike, one on Brian.  This turned into a press conference where Mike (solo) was playing a lot of songs on the piano (very well).  I definitely remember "School Days" and other familiar songs, but also some new Mike originals, including one called "Keen."  I thought, I'm no fan of Mike, but some of these rock.

Then it was on to the Brian portion.  Brian was sitting in a chair in his living room while one of his daughters (not Carnie or Wendy) stood and staged a conversation with him.  I think there was some unheard Smile music discovered and someone current (not VDP) was going to write lyrics to it.

A few years ago I dreamed I was singing "Heroes and Villains" with the original lineup.  I tried singing a harmony part but must have been off because Dennis shot me a look, so I quickly switched to the melody.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 10:39:48 AM »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:16:42 PM by XTC is a really good band » Logged
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2015, 08:14:29 AM »

I was going to retype my dream,  but you left the link. That saves me time.  Grin It's always fun to read peoples dreams about the Beach Boys!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2015, 08:20:09 AM »

A few months ago, I had a dream I went to see the Beach Boys.  The Beatles were the opening act.  Just before the concert, the entire sound system broke.  Instead of a concert, Paul McCartney just wandered around the aisles, greeting the audience and taking with people.  He was a nice guy.

I bet the only time the Beatles could have been the Beach Boys opening act was 1963. Or in a dream at any time!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 05:10:57 PM »

I had one last night where I was part of Brian's road crew and he and Darian and some other people were debating whether or not to cancel the night's show because Brian wasn't feeling good. Eventually he ended up sleeping in a room in my house, and I stood outside the door for a minute debating whether or not to go in and try and talk to him, but thought better of it.  LOL

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Willy Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Hooga Hagga Hooga

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 06:52:21 AM »

I had one where there was a carnival somewhere in California near the shore, there was a procession and 'Wouldn't It Be Nice' and 1910 Fruitgum songs were playing, songs with organ.

A strange red-haired Marine Boy type with a ponytail was doing acrobatics on a huge red oil barrel on the back of a trailer in the procession while weird-phasing steelpan music was all around.

I bumped my head, the sky turned red, the aardvark said, "Banana!"
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 04:23:55 AM »

My only dream so far that I remember was in 2012, when I dreamt I watched a music video to "Isn't It Time" (album version, I think - no recording of the dream has surfaced Wink 2) on TV. At the beginning the 5 C50 BBs sat in rocking chairs in an old people's home, mocking themselves as old age people. They got livelier throughout the song and in the end danced with female inhabitants. Jeff Foskett and Darian S. played carers in the video. Shocked

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2015, 04:31:40 AM »

My only dream so far that I remember was in 2012, when I dreamt I watched a music video to "Isn't It Time" (album version, I think - no recording of the dream has surfaced Wink 2) on TV. At the beginning the 5 C50 BBs sat in rocking chairs in an old people's home, mocking themselves as old age people. They got livelier throughout the song and in the end danced with female inhabitants. Jeff Foskett and Darian S. played carers in the video. Shocked
Carers?
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2015, 05:13:20 AM »

Carers?

Sorry, I didn't know the correct English term for the German "Altenpfleger", maybe I chose a bad translation when I looked it up. "Male nurses" maybe?

My parents used to work in an old people's home for 30 years, so the home in the video looked a lot like that one... Cool

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx