gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:11:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: new BB dvds  (Read 2135 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2006, 09:39:22 AM »

i found on amazon that there's 2 new dvds comming, the Summer Dreams made for tv movie and another that had BB 1961-1973...it's got a good cover...but doesn't really tell what it is

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Rockard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 02:31:36 PM »

1961-1973

Its gotta be a complete remastered compilation of all recorded appearences with the beachboys from those years!!  Afro

Tongue
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 02:44:25 PM »

The DVD on Amazon listed as "1961-1973" appears to simply be a private seller selling a copy (an overpriced one at that) of this DVD that was released in the UK. It hasn't been released in the US thus far, and it doesn't appear as if this listing is indicating a forthcoming US release. I wouldn't lose sleep over it, as most reviews of this were pretty negative. This appears to be one of a series of "Music in Review" DVD "documentaries" that use a bit of footage under the guise of the DVD being a "critical review" and then add in a bunch of interviews with random and seemingly unknown music journalists, "experts", etc. I've seen on of these on ELO, and it's not very impressive.

The "Summer Dreams" DVD does appear to be a forthcoming official DVD release of the infamous 1990 TV movie. It's listed at only $5.98, and as bad as the movie is, it might be worth $6 to buy it if you don't have it on videotape, if only to see the infamously bad fake facial hair and classic lines like "you're out of the band Buckwheat!", "I can't have music in my head if I'm always on the road!", and "Duh, Al." The guy who plays Murry is actually pretty good. I haven't a clue if he's at all accurate to how Murry really was, but this character in the movie is pretty entertaining.

A reviewer said back in 2000 when ABC aired the Stamos 2-part movie something along the lines of "ABC apparently makes a Beach Boys movie once every ten years", so now that we're at 2006, somebody is probably in the process of working up another script for the 2010 attempt!

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
MBE
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 02:56:16 AM »

Dennis and Brian were a lot closer to who they were in Summer Dreams. The dirt was present but never shown without sympathy. It showed them both to have good hearts. Dennis comes across a lot smarter in the earlier movie.
Lorenschwartz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 06:39:39 PM »

Dennis and Brian were a lot closer to who they were in Summer Dreams. The dirt was present but never shown without sympathy. It showed them both to have good hearts. Dennis comes across a lot smarter in the earlier movie.
i concur...the american family makes Denny look like a prick with no self control or heart.

the '90 movie actually turned me on to the "psyche" beach boys!!
murry wa played good. the movie actually came across sympathetic to denny and brian.
Bri playing Mike the dog barking tape was groovy!!!!
the coke sessions were good.
MBE
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 08:33:33 PM »

Yeah it is underrated/ I just wish they had paid to use a real Dennis song.  I mean TV Movies are cheesy but thats why they are fun. American Family just played too loose with the facts.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx