gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:42:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New album project incorrectly described in online article.  (Read 48713 times)
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 09, 2015, 07:40:25 AM »

Well, now that I think about it, an interpolation with "Santa's Goin' To Kokomo" would be great on the final track. Move the distant, ghostly "there's a riot goin' on" to the front of the album, with a redux before the first "Kokomo".
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 09, 2015, 07:45:09 AM »

I think it'd be interesting to speculate on a Mike & Friends album. Here's my imagining:

1. 10,000 Years Ago, ft. Charli XCX & Daft Punk
Beatles Trilogy
2. Thank You/Spiritual, ft. Paul McCartney
3. Pisces Brothers, ft. Dhani Harrison
4. Back in the USSR, ft. John Stamos
End Trilogy
5. Cool Head, Warm Heart, ft. children of Mike Love, Al Jardine, and Carl Wilson
6. Unleash the Love, ft. Bruno Mars
7. Kokomo, ft. Vampire Weekend, Carson Daly's Mom
8. Love Foundation
9. Glow Crescent Glow, ft. Sam Smith
10. Foskett's Back
11. Everyone's In Love With You, ft. Mormon Tabernacle Choir
12. Only One Word, ft. John Frusciante
13.  Kokomo (Redux)
Super track listing, but can we get Fallon to do a rap version of Daybreak Over the Ocean? Transcendental Meditation

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 09, 2015, 12:01:04 PM »

This blanket assumption that Mike is solely responsible for every bad thing from the original Fall From Grace, through the Fall of the Roman Empire, the Black Death, slavery, the development of nuclear weapons to the rise of Islamic State is certainly convenient, as it requires no coherent thought: it just IS. Actually, I deeply admire such a singularity of thought and execution, monotonous as it is (in the literal sense), but after a while, it really, really grates. The narrowness of outlook, the inadequacy of thought depresses, and lordy, modern life is depressing enough, thank you very much.

You forgot the Spanish Inquisition!!!

Wink

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: January 09, 2015, 12:11:10 PM »

Posted this elsewhere...The Beach Boys are the TEAM.  Each guy is KEY to the success of the team.  Brian is the key ring.

If it hadn't been for Brian...we wouldn't be here.  Same thing can most assuredly be said about Mike.  Surfin USa, Shut Down, Little Deuce Coupe, Be True To Your School, Fun Fun Fun...The whole foundation is dependent on Mike's contributions...just as it is on Brian's.

Without that GREAT of a beginning...would there have even been a future?  It didn't happen with Surfin Safari...or anything else from the first album really...although Moon Dawg might disagree...and the folks who liked the SIP version of Surfin'...but really?

As much as Mike has done some 'sh*t'...so too has Brian. [although not becuase he was in control of his actions]  I have to agree with Andrew. Cool Guy

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: January 12, 2015, 12:32:32 AM »

As much as Mike has done some 'sh*t'...so too has Brian. [although not because he was in control of his actions]

Sometimes yes... sometimes no.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2015, 09:14:41 AM »

After having the opportunity to clarify the misinformation in the recent article, Mike's book is still on schedule for 2016, and he is considering a solo release project of new and re-recorded material at the same time. 
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 21, 2015, 12:24:39 AM »

After having the opportunity to clarify the misinformation in the recent article, Mike's book is still on schedule for 2016, and he is considering a solo release project of new and re-recorded material at the same time. 

Good to hear he finally might put a new studio album out. Intrigued to see how many previously unreleased Love written songs would appear on this album if it ever happens.

By the way, did he mention whether any kind of solo anthology album was a possibility for release? Because he has a huge backlog of unreleased and rare material. It would be great to get both projects from Mike. I'm hopeful
luckyoldsmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 21, 2015, 12:26:00 AM »

cool

Wish you'd help me find the key ...
luckyoldsmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 21, 2015, 12:26:39 AM »

By the way, did he mention whether any kind of solo anthology album was a possibility for release? Because he has a huge backlog of unreleased and rare material. It would be great to get both projects from Mike. I'm hopeful

That would be cool. Smiley

Wish you'd help me find the key ...
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 21, 2015, 07:43:30 PM »

Glad to know what's up.

Could package it with a special edition of the book. Makes sense to me, for what that's worth!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 12, 2015, 05:30:54 PM »

A fake album cover I worked on a little today.

In a perfect world I'm picturing a very Stamos oriented album. Some newly written original songs from Mike regarding the recent controversies with the band. I want a wall of Yamaha DX7 synths for the love songs. Also, a few acoustic covers (the Rolling Stone C50-era acoustic covers sounded incredible) - maybe a slowed-down acoustic version of 'All I Want To Do'. And finally, we better get an a cappella hymn about Dannon Frozen Yogurt to close out the album.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 12, 2015, 05:33:01 PM »

LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 12, 2015, 06:19:55 PM »

with a young John Beach Boy  image

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 12, 2015, 06:53:32 PM »

A fake album cover I worked on a little today.

In a perfect world I'm picturing a very Stamos oriented album. Some newly written original songs from Mike regarding the recent controversies with the band. I want a wall of Yamaha DX7 synths for the love songs. Also, a few acoustic covers (the Rolling Stone C50-era acoustic covers sounded incredible) - maybe a slowed-down acoustic version of 'All I Want To Do'. And finally, we better get an a cappella hymn about Dannon Frozen Yogurt to close out the album.
E X C E L L E N T  and so appropriately tacky.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx