gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 12:57:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DAFT film website updated with "Smile" links  (Read 15149 times)
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2008, 04:41:04 AM »

Here'a an original Brian Wilson concept and challenge that has never been filmed before. A synopsis/treatment as pitched by the man himself in 1966:
"It's a color short 16 mm. I'll shoot it next week. It's a chicken, and the chicken is wearing TENNIS SHOES. The chicken is wearing tennis shoes and he is bopping around the most beautiful pad..." - for the ' Barnyard Suite'.
These days you'd be shooting it with a digital video camera, i guess. And the easiest approach would be to use some kind of animation or stop/motion technique. If done with live chickens, let's not harm any poultry in the process please! So unless you've got a pet chicken, who's game...
The obvious sountrack choice  would be Barnyard from BWPS. Or you could take the opportunity of second guessing the true nature of that elusive 'Barnyard Suite', which I personally blew when I had the chance with 'Farmyard Suite' from the SMiLEfilm Dumb Angel Fairy Tale (I'm In Grat Shape/Barnyard/(here I wanted to incorporate the happy smiles-version of With Me Tonite but was outvoted)/Vega-Tables.

But at least I got to do a cow in high heel stilettos, a cow on four wheels and one with wings in that same SMiLE spirit:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7270752012161370846&q=furman
So go for it but don't wait too long if you wanna be the first one to do the chicken flick. I know of one person (whose name I cannot reveal - no not me)
who's is currently creating a video for the whole SMiLE 2004 soundtrack!

Comics/cartooniés
(Fun Fun FUNniés)/Graphic NOVELties
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 04:28:31 AM »

Some new productions are coming your way this summer (2009). An online essay: 'Radiant RayDIODish' (esoteric SMiLE elements) and an online musicvid named:'Deus Pax Machina' (reconnected Shakespearimental Peace-de-resistance) which is a new experimental rendition of "DAFTfilms Elemental Suite".
The new ones are not from DAFTfilm though - but from myself, who are after all the DAFTest one of'em all. So be warned...

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 08:32:15 AM »

BWarned indeed!  Both essay and video are ready now and will be on-line in august and september respectively...

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx