-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:00:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  RBS warns investors: "sell everything;" "fairly cataclysmic year ahead"
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RBS warns investors: "sell everything;" "fairly cataclysmic year ahead"  (Read 2883 times)
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2016, 09:19:10 AM »

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2016/01/12/rbs-warns-sell-everything?mod=e2fbRBS

Those of us who are still left unconvinced that the global economy has "recovered" from 2008 will be even more comforted to know that this is just more fuel to the argument that the economy never left the recession and further pain is about to come. Hold what you got and buy more when it tumbles. Ride it right back up.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
KDS
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 09:21:29 AM »

Getting a Powerball ticket.  I'm good. 
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 10:45:34 AM »

Those of us who are still left unconvinced that the global economy has "recovered" from 2008 will be even more comforted to know that this is just more fuel to the argument that the economy never left the recession and further pain is about to come.

Yes, how comforting.
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 01:20:32 PM »

Those of us who are still left unconvinced that the global economy has "recovered" from 2008 will be even more comforted to know that this is just more fuel to the argument that the economy never left the recession and further pain is about to come. Hold what you got and buy more when it tumbles. Ride it right back up.

Economics is hardly my forte but from what I understand the recovery is propped up by 0% interest rates which the FED will have to raise sooner or later, and thats expected to cause a lot of trouble when they eventually do. Also, while most unemployment figures look promising its mostly because of all the discouraged workers who have dropped out of the labor force altogether. None of the big banks or individuals responsible for the crash were punished or removed from positions of authority so its bound that they'll go at it again eventually. Not sure if this is related, but then there's the looming student loan bubble to look out for.

Feel free, someone with more knowledge on the subject, to correct me if any of this is wrong.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 01:43:01 PM »

Interest rates have been at zero for far too long. Combine what is essentially free money with bad government policies in the U.S. and China, and we're on course for an even more severe economic calamity than what we're currently involved in.

Contrary to popular belief (Sanders voters/Occupy Democrats), the DJIA reaching record highs does not equal a "recovery."

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: