gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 10:23:59 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jan. 07, a H.S. boys basketball tournament in MN  (Read 2047 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2006, 03:18:07 PM »

I just read about next year's line-up for a high school boys basketball tournament to be held next January in Minnesota. Why is this on topic? Because Lake Oswego (OR) is playing, and their star player is Kevin Love, the son of Stan Love and newphew of Mike. He's also considered the top high school power forward in his class by some services, and, at 6-9, has been recruited by all the major schools.

As a big basketball fan, I'm pretty excited to see him play. Hopefully I won't unfairly dislike him just because of his uncle Mike.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 03:26:32 PM »

Now that was an interesting twist...

Im assuming hes a senior if he's already being recruited...any idea what college he plans on going to?

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 03:43:27 PM »

Here's his Scout.com profile.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=1151760

"First of all, let's get one thing straight: Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack." - Whitney Houston
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 03:46:42 PM »

You beat me to the punch, Joel5001.

Anyway, no, he is a junior. And that isn't early to be recruited--top players are literally recruited from the time they reach their teens, and sometimes before. The rumors I have heard have been UCLA, Duke or Oregon, but I don't know if he's decided. (I'm not a member to scout.com--do they show college choices to non-members?)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 03:48:20 PM »

Scouting Obviously having benefitted from being the son of former NBAer and Oregon Duck Stan Love, Kevin is so advanced in his post moves he'd start for most Pac-10 schools right now. Physically he looks like he could still develop, with a good body and square shoulders. If he continues to grow and his athleticism continues to improve, he might not play college basketball. A top ten national player for 2007.

Nothing if he can carry a tune...? Shrug

Razz

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 03:54:35 PM »

You beat me to the punch, Joel5001.

Anyway, no, he is a junior. And that isn't early to be recruited--top players are literally recruited from the time they reach their teens, and sometimes before. The rumors I have heard have been UCLA, Duke or Oregon, but I don't know if he's decided. (I'm not a member to scout.com--do they show college choices to non-members?)

I'm not a member either, so I can only see the public areas of the site.  However, I don't think they can commit to a school until some time in their senior year.  I know there is a specific day they can sign letters of intent, but I'm not sure when it is.

The Wilson-Love clan is certainly a family of high-achievers.

"First of all, let's get one thing straight: Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack." - Whitney Houston
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 04:09:09 PM »

You can verbally commit anytime, but can't sign the LOI until after junior year.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx