-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:35:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  An Observation
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: An Observation  (Read 14231 times)
Cabana Boy
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2006, 11:51:18 AM »

Having passion and good intentions doesn't guarantee what you are saying has any basis in reality.
I find his ultimate compassion and his priorities very easy to relate to and make sense of. Many/most of them mirror my own as close to exactly as you could get. That's "searing truth" and "reality" to me.
He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Ian hurts for a whole lot of ppl. So much that it makes him angry and sick. I can connect with that in a flash. So Rerun and whoever can mock all they want. That we feel that way enough to be mocked is proof of our being on the right path.

I will pin up my soul on the wall and let people read it. They can laugh, they can cry. It's up to them. I really don't care
-Kevin Rowland
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2006, 11:51:34 AM »

If not agreeing with Ian is the same as provoking him, yes.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2006, 11:52:36 AM »

By those standards, Sebastian, the mocking of my beliefs means I'm on the right path, too.

Cabana Boy
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2006, 11:53:36 AM »

Who mocks first, man? And who fights clean? That's what we do here, so best not to deny it..we fight.
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2006, 11:54:48 AM »

No, I mean the patronizing little semantic games like "I don't see how feeding the hungry is a sin."  You knew what he meant, but you ignored the meaning and nit-picked at the phrasing.  That's provoking, not disagreeing.

"First of all, let's get one thing straight: Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack." - Whitney Houston
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2006, 11:56:57 AM »

Chuck, you're just not being honest with yourself. You know you get something out of arguing with me, and that when you are able to get me to fly off the handle, for you, it means you're proving a point that you're the "better person". Why can't you just admit it? I'll even add "please"? Then the hand-shaking finale and off into the sunset with a couple of cool ones, a Bible, a stack of old comics and some Beach Boys CD's?

Thanks for your words, Sebastian, Artie and Joel.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2006, 11:57:10 AM »

No, I mean the patronizing little semantic games like "I don't see how feeding the hungry is a sin."  You knew what he meant, but you ignored the meaning and nit-picked at the phrasing.  That's provoking, not disagreeing.

That's trying to get someone to be as clear as possible about the point they are making.

Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2006, 11:58:01 AM »

This might also be an example:

Wonderful, wonderful posts, Jeff.

Well, if he were agreeing with me, I'd say the same.

Mmmmhmm, yeah, I'm sure that's why you think I said that.
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2006, 11:58:46 AM »

That's trying to get someone to be as clear as possible about the point they are making.

Charles, have you ever admitted you were wrong about anything?

"First of all, let's get one thing straight: Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack." - Whitney Houston
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2006, 11:59:19 AM »

Agreed, Ian.  I've never attempted to prove I'm the "better person"-- I'm not-- but I have no wish to continually fight an endless fight with you or anyone else. 

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2006, 12:01:13 PM »

Yes-- as an example, since we've chosen to invoke the name of Laurie, I admitted I was too harsh with her.  I let my anger over her actions overshadow the point I was making. 

Cabana Boy
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2006, 12:04:39 PM »

Quote from: Joel5001
Never that I've seen. Ian seems to have replaced Mikie (regular on Susan's board) at the head of Chuck's list of people to f*** with and provoke.
I've always thought he seemed like a guy who COULD be cool and open if he wanted, which is why I didn't like to see him bashed and ostracized when the last harassment drama was playing out. He just doesn't seem to want.
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2006, 12:05:14 PM »

Yes-- as an example, since we've chosen to invoke the name of Laurie, I admitted I was too harsh with her.  I let my anger over her actions overshadow the point I was making. 

As much as I hate to even talk about that incident. I think that your quote above illustrates the problem.  "Her actions" were the problem?  You were only making a point?

Anyway, I can let this drop now.  God Bless You!! 

Cabana Boy
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2006, 12:05:48 PM »

Quote from: Charles S. LePage
Yes-- as an example, since we've chosen to invoke the name of Laurie, I admitted I was too harsh with her. 
Collector's Item.
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2006, 12:05:53 PM »

How about admitting you are wrong without finding a way to make someone else look wrong?  This is more of "I reacted wrongly when someone else hurt me."  You could have stopped at sentence one without adding sentence two to get a jab in.
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2006, 12:07:47 PM »

Okay, I was wrong to run a stop sign when I was 20 years old.  I caused an accident that injured people.  It was entirely my fault.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2006, 12:11:57 PM »

I have faults, Chuck has faults. We are who we are.
This fight is over, as far as I am concerned. Until the next one!  angel

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2006, 12:14:32 PM »

Quote from: Charles S. LePage
Yes-- as an example, since we've chosen to invoke the name of Laurie, I admitted I was too harsh with her. 
Collector's Item.

I said this many months ago-- it just goes against the desired perception, so it was usually ignored.

Ian-- AGREED.  Nothing but good will till the next battle starts, and even then, I mean no hard feelings.

Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2006, 12:16:32 PM »

And since this is my thread I am locking it now before anyone else starts anything....
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2006, 01:30:57 PM »

Even though it is locked, I was at work and missed all of this, and there some things I need to say.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again...Guys, gals, trannies, farm animals, whomever...if you feel there is a problem here with one of the members, PLEASE pm me or one of the other mods before flying off the handle. Now if someone attacks you, feel free to respond and stand up for yourself, but please let us know first. Let me know what the deal is, and I'll deal with it promptly. If for some reason you would rather not use PMs, email me at fear2stop@yahoo.com  I do *not* play favorites, and I'll call things the way the way I see them. Always have, always will.

I think there is actually some good that has come out of all this. Special thanks goes to Jeff for being the most level-headed out of EVERYONE lately. I cannot stress that enough.

And with that, it's over...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2006, 01:44:42 PM »

Now if someone attacks you, feel free to respond and stand up for yourself, but please let us know first.

Please don't. Just let a moderator know, and they'll take care of it.

Thanks

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2006, 04:05:05 PM »

Yeah, that's probably for the best.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: