gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 10:54:41 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: French Documentary 1977  (Read 6288 times)
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2014, 02:55:05 PM »

What ever happened to this  Huh?  It used to be on Youtube a few years ago and now I can't find it anywhere.  I remember a bald Mike Love being interviewed and Dennis and Karen Lamm were in a car being interviewed about conflicts in the group.

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 04:06:03 PM »

Been looking for it for years as well..
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 05:29:11 PM »

Yeah, you know the lovester and co. aren't gonna let that stay up.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 06:31:22 PM »

What ever happened to this  Huh?  It used to be on Youtube a few years ago and now I can't find it anywhere.  I remember a bald Mike Love being interviewed and Dennis and Karen Lamm were in a car being interviewed about conflicts in the group.

That would have been awesome to watch  Grin
Would be great if a link is found so we can see it
halblaineisgood
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 07:06:48 PM »

I remember a bald Mike Love
What a superfluous detail. That's like saying I remember a non-bald person who had a full head of hair for their entire adult life.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 07:07:29 PM »

You mean a non-hatted Mike Love. He wasn't wearing a hat.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 07:07:46 PM »

You can thank me later.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 07:08:33 PM »

actually... thank me now
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 09:27:30 PM »

Well, well, well.  How predictable.  Here we have an annoying halblaineisgood trying to stir up some mess  Roll Eyes.

Anyways, I hope there's a chance this will resurface and hopefully there's a longer version of it  Smiley

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
halblaineisgood
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 09:31:50 PM »

u didnt thank me  Cry
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 11:05:00 PM »

you didn't provide the link.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2014, 01:22:01 AM »

Absolutely loved the footage of the group rehearsing Love You material (and Surfer Girl if I remember correctly)!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2014, 07:03:58 AM »

Absolutely loved the footage of the group rehearsing Love You material (and Surfer Girl if I remember correctly)!
Yup, their respective harmony parts. I found it very impressive when I first saw it many moons ago (in the beginning of my hardcore-fanship). It's a shame it's not online anymore.
maskedwindsurfer
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 07:17:11 AM »

i found that on Youtube :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv7OtEguam8
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 02:08:53 AM »

Interesting. I hope a better quality video exists somewhere. It seems that Carl was hardly featured at all.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 08:20:33 AM »

Interesting. I hope a better quality video exists somewhere. It seems that Carl was hardly featured at all.

Is there another BB album released during his lifetime that features as little Carl as M.I.U.?
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 11:29:59 AM »

I thought it might have been this video but I came across a video where Carl rehearses Feel Flows on the keys, in France. That also seems to have disappeared. Can anyone find it?

Or indeed the only live Feel Flows video I could find, where Carl seems a little drunk/stoned. I want to see it live again!
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 04:29:29 PM »

Is there another BB album released during his lifetime that features as little Carl as M.I.U.?

I wonder how much he did on Summer in Paradise compared to MIU.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2015, 12:18:26 AM »

I once found a video on YouTube of Brian playing and singing a portion of Long Promised Road from a few years ago(before the C50 reunion tour). I would love to see that one again. I think it was some kind of "behind the scenes" feature from one of Brian's tv show appearances. At one point he just randomly starts to quietly play part of Long Promised Road.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2015, 01:39:41 AM »

I once found a video on YouTube of Brian playing and singing a portion of Long Promised Road from a few years ago(before the C50 reunion tour). I would love to see that one again. I think it was some kind of "behind the scenes" feature from one of Brian's tv show appearances. At one point he just randomly starts to quietly play part of Long Promised Road.

Starting at 4:30:  http://youtu.be/2VlB9LNlO4Y
bluesno1fann
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2015, 03:31:03 AM »

I remember a bald Mike Love
What a superfluous detail. That's like saying I remember a non-bald person who had a full head of hair for their entire adult life.

walking on water
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 02:57:10 PM »

Hello,

It was removed by youtube years ago, a complaint from Brother Records Inc, sorry about that, but I cannot send it again, I'll have my account suspended :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xku8mAaGZgU
jonathan anderle
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 03:50:00 PM »

There is a moment in the rehearsal footage for the Royal Festival Hall performance of Smile where Brian is sitting at the keyboard during some downtime, and he proceeds to start playing the chorus of LPR out of the blue. The best part was watching Probyn and Darian pick up on it, give "Are we really hearing this?" grins to each other, and then sing the backing "Ba ba, ba ba" parts when Brian repeated the chorus. I don't know if this appears anywhere on the Smile DVD.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 05:17:10 PM »

Hello,

It was removed by youtube years ago, a complaint from Brother Records Inc, sorry about that, but I cannot send it again, I'll have my account suspended :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xku8mAaGZgU

How about uploading it somewhere and posting a link to it here?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2015, 05:46:16 AM »

There is a moment in the rehearsal footage for the Royal Festival Hall performance of Smile where Brian is sitting at the keyboard during some downtime, and he proceeds to start playing the chorus of LPR out of the blue. The best part was watching Probyn and Darian pick up on it, give "Are we really hearing this?" grins to each other, and then sing the backing "Ba ba, ba ba" parts when Brian repeated the chorus. I don't know if this appears anywhere on the Smile DVD.

Here it is:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/brian-wilson-behind-the-scenes-at-his-new-york-concert-20081212

EDIT:

I just saw that GoodVibrations33 already posted a link to the same video. Sorry.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 05:53:28 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx