gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680748 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:42:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys and 666  (Read 8094 times)
runalot
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2006, 04:46:57 PM »

Interesting read. I think the writer is as lost as Brian was (in those days). Enjoy.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Rock-n-Roll/beach_boys.htm

P.S. Sorry I haven't been around (been very busy since I've moved), but I lurk here and there for sure! =)

(like any of you guys care! LOL)

Oh yeah, anyone know where I can get Nick Kent's FULL "Dark Stuff" Article on Brian Wilson/Beach Boys? I went to two bookstores to try and look for it (with no luck), so, I tried. I just don't want to order it online. Thanks in advance!

The things she does to me when she makes love to me...
Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 05:04:40 PM »

Man that's crazy sh*t.  I think that anybody who sees Brian as evil, especially Pet Sounds era, is fucking insane.

And you'd think in an essay about how The Beach Boys are satanists they'd pull out the Manson card at least once.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 05:42:27 PM »

The author of that website is the kind of person who would've gladly burned "witches" back a few hundred years ago. Such a time was not very long ago and we have many more centuries to go before those kind of people realize the error of their ways. If those people produced the majority of thought then every autistic child born would be simply a child inhabited by demons. The Devil is a very childish concept to mine eyes; something akin to the boogey-man or Boo Radley's mythic persona.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
NimrodsSon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 06:30:35 PM »

Are those quotes from Phil Spector's kids legitimate?
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 06:40:16 PM »

Heavy sigh.

I had hoped that that sort of nonsense ended in the 80's.  Obviously not.

Folks, I can promise you that plenty of Christians recognize that God speaks through Brian Wilson's music and do not buy this garbage.

The whole Pet Sounds (and RAM??) cover thing is a new one.  I will have to remember that.  I think that paranoid people get drawn to the fringes of Christianity for some reason.

PLEASE disregard this when considering the truth value of Christianity.  This site is goofy.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 06:45:07 PM »

Heavy sigh.

I had hoped that that sort of nonsense ended in the 80's.  Obviously not.

Folks, I can promise you that plenty of Christians recognize that God speaks through Brian Wilson's music and do not buy this garbage.

The whole Pet Sounds (and RAM??) cover thing is a new one.  I will have to remember that.  I think that paranoid people get drawn to the fringes of Christianity for some reason.

PLEASE disregard this when considering the truth value of Christianity.  This site is goofy.

Hearing the opening to "You Still Believe In Me" dispells any of the things that site claims. Though, on the sessions for that intro, Tony plucks out a pretty demonic set of notes.  Evil

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 07:22:32 PM »

that's a whole load of crap. i am (try to be) a born again Christian and I just think that article is giving a bad name for Christians. Look at the tribute to BW (Makin' God SMiLE)---those Christian artists were embracing his music....that quote from Dark Stuff, though I havn't read it...it still seems to be a little bit of crap as well...I mean, we've heard those songs from that era...it wasn't withcraft at all...that author kept using that quote over & over again...i didnt even read the rest of the article...did he mention their TM embrace?

on the subject...had a dream last nite i saw Brian and i sang part of the backup vocals of Wonderful (that weren't released) and for some reason i asked what song it was even though i knew what it was

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Jardine Power!
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep it clean with Al Jardine.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 07:30:41 PM »

Ridiculous. I'm sick of these lunatics that give Christians and Christianity a bad name.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 08:23:03 PM »

[Message deleted]

I decided not to get into this topic after all.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 08:27:38 PM by Luther » Logged

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 08:29:28 PM »

They hardly did their homework on the BBoys article. They conveniently left out all of the pro-God quotes from the guys. Like behind the song God Only Knows the prayers that went along with the session hand in hand. Or the fact that in 1966 Brian was very spiritual and spoke of God positively. Maybe Brian's doubt to the existance to God came from the fact that most of has family has passed away.

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 09:18:23 PM »

good points, and my post above is all i'm goin to say...

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 09:21:34 PM »

I surely hope this was done as a joke. If not...ah heck...I still laughed my ass off...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 03:22:09 AM »

The real music that should be demonized is the Pop Idol/American Idol crap thats been clogging up the charts these last few years. Thats the devils music in my opinion - music without soul!

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
runalot
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 11:00:35 AM »

Hearing the opening to "You Still Believe In Me" dispells any of the things that site claims. Though, on the sessions for that intro, Tony plucks out a pretty demonic set of notes. 

LOL!

The things she does to me when she makes love to me...
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 01:06:02 PM »

The mentally ill are often drawn to some sort of religion as they seek to make sense of that which makes no sense.  The paranoid and the psychotic are able to make sense of their world by attributing strange subjective experiences to some otherworldly entity.   Religous delusions are very common in the state hospitals.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 01:10:39 PM »

This is just so over the top that I refuse to believe it's real.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 01:48:29 PM »

This is just so over the top that I refuse to believe it's real.
That's what I thought about that one Mike Love interview.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
SG7
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 02:18:16 PM »

My church is like that guy  Roll Eyes
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 02:24:20 PM »

My church is like that guy  Roll Eyes

I hope you mean Mike Love, not the author of the story. Because that church would be hilarious. I'd probably even attend.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 02:26:04 PM by Luther » Logged

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 02:25:17 PM »

Quote of the year:

"Obviously, Wilson is NOT a born again Christian; but, rather, is a child of Satan"

How in the hell do you make that jump?  I could see some nut saying "Obviously, Wilson is NOT a born again Christian; but, rather, a confused soul", or ";but, rather, an opportunist" or whatever they want to claim, but to jump all the way from Born Again Christian to Child Of Satan is kind of stretching it, lol.  
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 02:27:31 PM »

What I don't like is (among many other aspects of this sh*t), when did Brian CLAIM to be a born again Christian?

"Obviously, Luther isn't an NBA player; but rather, is a pudgy writer/editor!"

Well, yep.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 02:31:50 PM »

Quote of the year:

"Obviously, Wilson is NOT a born again Christian; but, rather, is a child of Satan"

How in the hell do you make that jump?  I could see some nut saying "Obviously, Wilson is NOT a born again Christian; but, rather, a confused soul", or ";but, rather, an opportunist" or whatever they want to claim, but to jump all the way from Born Again Christian to Child Of Satan is kind of stretching it, lol.  

You've heard Smart Girls? Child of Satan might not be stretching too far in that light.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2006, 02:32:14 PM »

Well, watch it now Luther... you probably could find a quote somewhere of Brian claiming to be a christian, or a born-again christian even... because Brian Wilson basically will say whatever the hell he feels like whenever the hell he feels like even if he contradicts something he might have said two minutes ago.  

I met Brian one time, he was walking out of Taco Bell.  I said, 'Hi Brian, I didn't know you eat at Taco Bell" and he said "I've never been there, where is that?"
SG7
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2006, 02:34:22 PM »

Wow... that is a story  LOL
Lorenschwartz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2006, 02:37:11 PM »

The real music that should be demonized is the Pop Idol/American Idol crap thats been clogging up the charts these last few years. Thats the devils music in my opinion - music without soul!
A Men
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx