gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680822 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 02:26:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis Wilson  (Read 2369 times)
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2014, 05:25:47 AM »

33.53.9N-118-38.8W
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 05:34:32 AM »

Really can't believe its 31 years ago today  Cry
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 05:37:16 AM »

Sad RIP

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 05:57:55 AM »

Sadly...we could see it coming.  SO much talent/SO many problems.  Still a HUGE loss. Sad

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Rocket
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 06:39:41 AM »

Damn.... RIP  Cry Cry Cry
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 09:24:42 AM »

Seem to re-live this annually… rightly so.

I was nineteen when I heard the news, a few days after the event as I'd been in the Lake District and away from news of any kind. Was met by my girlfriend in the lane outside her home… she didn't know the details; told me Brian had died. To be honest that wasn't too unlikely, but not by drowning. Dying? It was what a lot of rock stars did. I'd had POB a year or two, knew that at that time Dennis was the most creative member of the band, and while Brian sat it out and did his own this, Dennis was the last vestige of creative credibility the band had.

Not only that but Dennis was the Beach Boy I most wanted to be (and likely the one my girlfriend wanted me to be too!).

I managed to collect a few cuttings (my Dad was a newsagent, so backcopies were easy enough to come by)… still have them.

I have missed him more and more over the years (as has the band, methinks, and maybe the spirit of rock and roll in general) though The Beach Boys recovered so much ground in 2012… albeit so briefly.

Never forgotten.

“We live in divisive times.”
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 09:45:02 AM »

Should add that being a teenager in the UK, I knew nothing about Dennis' deterioration in previous years. To me he was still the fine figure of masculinity, full beard, tumbling mane, depicted in photographs by Dean Torrence and Guy Webster. In my mind at the time he left us in his peak…

NickandthePassions
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 10:21:41 AM »

As soon as I woke up I had an urge to listen to Dennis' "Barbara."

Strange stuff, I don't consciously remember his death date.

"Living a dream
Don't wanna sleep
Might miss something"
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 10:56:01 AM »

It's really sad that he's not here with us today. Rip Denny, we miss you.  Cry Cry Cry

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
jeremylr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 01:24:12 PM »

I managed to collect a few cuttings (my Dad was a newsagent, so backcopies were easy enough to come by)… still have them.

John Manning, if you can scan & upload them sometime, I for one would love to read any of those Dennis cuttings that you have in your collection. Thank you for the remembrance.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 01:38:15 PM »

Will try… they're not much special… mostly local paper cuttings, derived from PA reports. Kids seriously limit my 'puter time, I now realise but will try!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx