gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 11:45:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christmas (Beach Boys Related)  (Read 5675 times)
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2014, 09:11:14 PM »

What did you guys get for Christmas about the Beach Boys.  I start first

1.  203 Success Facts on the Beach Boys Book
2. A book about Smile the Long lost Album
3. Capital Years CD

I had a fast Life
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 10:36:13 PM »

That's a nice Beach Boys haul for Christmas, Surfer.

All I got for Christmas this year besides spark plugs and new spark plug wires is that right now I am listening to Mike Love's song Wrinkles. AND I WANT TO KILL MYSELF NOW.

Not really though. I just need a good laugh. I have more to be thankful for this year than I have in any of the other previous 26 Christmases I've experienced. My mom survived the car accident and even though she broke a lot of bones and has at least 2 more weeks in the hospital, she's alive and I got to spend time with her and that means more to me than even a first print edition of the Surfin'/Luau single gift could mean to me. But if you have that single and want to gift it to me, PM me for an address.  Wink

What I REALLY want for Christmas though, is for Mr. Jon Stebbins to release the new version of the Dennis Wilson biography "The Real Beach Boy". And now that I know Dennis' son Scott is releasing a book, I want that as well. YOU TWO BETTER NOT MAKE CHRISTMAS 2015 DISAPPOINTING FOR ME.  Grin Grin

Merry Christmas, everybody. Even you non-Christmas celebrators. May your 2014 have been good and your 2015 be the best year of your life!!!

I'm on my 3rd play through of Wrinkles right now. I feel so bad for Mike. He absolutely would have been pumping gas or turning over in a grave nobody would bother visiting right now if it weren't for Cousin Brian.

No mas, por favor.
Vernon Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't fight the sea

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 11:07:20 PM »

I got an American Fender vintage series 1965 Jaguar identical to Carl's (except mine is Surf Green instead of white) and a Pendleton board in original surf plaid. Beach Boy enough?

Make waves, not love
branaa09
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 11:26:38 PM »

I got Pet Sounds on Vinyl, Two of the Mono and Stereo Remasters: Surfer Girl and All Summer Long and oh yeah, Jon Stebbin's FAQ book on the Beach Boys. I can't seem to put it down to stop reading it, it's very cool!
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 11:33:28 PM »

I got an American Fender vintage series 1965 Jaguar identical to Carl's (except mine is Surf Green instead of white) and a Pendleton board in original surf plaid. Beach Boy enough?

Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT!!!!,  dry that shirt in the dryer. Hang it up to dry, or never wear it. It will smell fokken weird, and take a lot longer to dry, but it will last you a lot longer, if you just put it on a hanger in some corner or dry it outside when it's not raining.

Back when they were only about 109 dollars, (prolly 3 years ago) I bought one and wore it all the damn time. I was drawn to the particular pattern before I even knew it was the Beach Boys version of the shirt.

Was probably 8 months of regular wear/wash/dry before it shrank and my elbows straight blew holes in both sleeves and the warranty wasn't shjt.

Mikie had mentioned (after I fucked my Pendleton up), that you should line dry these shirts to prevent shrinkage/fabric destruction, but by then it was too late. I had a shirt I couldn't wear and a warranty that wouldn't cover the regular usage of the shirt.

Other than that though, they're really freakin' cool shirts. I'd love to be able to afford another Pendleton board shirt, especially that Beach Boys color, before they discontinue it. I hike a lot, and they're wonderful on those winter days where it's not quite raining, and it's not quite dry. They aren't what you'd call waterproof, but they repel water enough so you aren't miserable, and you stay warm.

Take care of your Pendleton and it will take care of you.

No mas, por favor.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 04:58:55 AM »

You got some really cool stuff, Surfer!  I got a copy of Jon Stebbins' and Ian Rustin's book, "The Beach Boys in Concert".  I haven't yet an an opportunity to really get into it, but a quick look through was enough to let me know that I'm really going to like it.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 05:18:12 AM »

I got an American Fender vintage series 1965 Jaguar identical to Carl's (except mine is Surf Green instead of white)

Nice!  Exactly what I want for...errr...next Christmas.   Thumbs Up
Ninten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 07:09:13 AM »

I got:
1. Made In California box set
2. The Pet Sounds Sessions box set
3. Catch a Wave (book)

Plus lots of cash, with which I will probably buy a lot more Beach Boys/Beach Boys related products  Grin
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 07:32:24 AM »

Are you talking about a Pendleton Board shirt in plaid or a Pendleton board, as in surf board in plaid design?  'Cause both of these are available from Pendleton.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Dwayne
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 07:55:04 AM »

My only Beach Boys related gift was getting to see Brian Wilson live in Tulsa a few weeks ago.  It was a great show especially as our seats were just in front of him close to the stage!  I wish they had sold some merchandise but the memory will stick with me. 
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 11:10:45 AM »

Mikie had mentioned (after I fucked my Pendleton up), that you should line dry these shirts to prevent shrinkage/fabric destruction, but by then it was too late. I had a shirt I couldn't wear and a warranty that wouldn't cover the regular usage of the shirt. Take care of your Pendleton and it will take care of you.

I don't remember saying to "line dry" it, especially in the Sun, but definitely DON'T put it in the dryer. It'll shrink like a Mofo. I just received two more Pendleton's for Christmas. I ALWAYS take them to the cleaners and pay 3 or 4 bucks to have them dry-cleaned after about 5 wearings. They come out good as new. They are on sale for 90 bucks now from the Pendleton on-line and Pendleton stores if you hurry.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2014, 11:48:53 AM »

A couple of t shirts and The Smile Sessions box set.  Smiley  Loving it so far, but of course there is an error on side one of the LP.  It skips "bicycle" and goes straight to rider.  Then it also skips "you" in just see what you've done.  And finally it also skips "indian".  So I guess I'll have to send everything back for a new one.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 12:27:41 PM by The Cincinnati Kid » Logged
WesB8302
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm thinkin' bout this whole world...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2014, 12:45:20 PM »

My wife got me tickets to see The Beach Boys in March!  It will be my first time to see any configuration of the group live, so I'm pretty excited.  Now if Brian will come close to Memphis for his No Pier Pressure tour, that would get me both touring options....

HELP!  I can't find the "Any" key....
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2014, 04:13:58 PM »

Nothing this year, but a few years ago got the Beach Boys songs for babies.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2014, 04:18:49 PM »

I got a big maroon terry cloth robe.  Not one the color BW wore on the beach.   sh*t.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 05:07:39 PM »

I got a tip from Jon Stebbins 5 weeks ago today that THIS site was worth spending time at/with/on.  I also got a link from Emdeeh that very same day which got me back in under the back door and into the Blue Board.  I was of the false impression that Beach Boys related message boards had ceased to exist...at least in a meaningful way.  I feel a sense of loss for Val and her crew at BBB which has served our heroes faithfully all these years.

GREAT to be wrong.  Glad to see this site KICKIN' ASS and taking names.  As you can plainly see I've been enjoying my early Stebbins/Emdeeh related Christmas gifts with some degree of wild abandon.  It is an incomparable gift to be able to celebrate this ever-so-gifted group with my fellow fans.  True story.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Vernon Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't fight the sea

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 10:07:30 PM »

Are you talking about a Pendleton Board shirt in plaid or a Pendleton board, as in surf board in plaid design?  'Cause both of these are available from Pendleton.
The shirt is called a "board shirt" according to Pendleton

Make waves, not love
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2014, 10:22:38 PM »

Yes it is. That's what the line of shirts is called, "Board Shirts". BLUE ORIGINAL SURF PLAID (which use to be called "Beach Boys Plaid" for awhile) is like the shirt The Beach Boys wore on the album covers.

And I see that Pendleton also offers a surf board for sale.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 12:26:49 AM »

I got a tip from Jon Stebbins 5 weeks ago today that THIS site was worth spending time at/with/on.  I also got a link from Emdeeh that very same day which got me back in under the back door and into the Blue Board.  I was of the false impression that Beach Boys related message boards had ceased to exist...at least in a meaningful way.  I feel a sense of loss for Val and her crew at BBB which has served our heroes faithfully all these years.

GREAT to be wrong.  Glad to see this site KICKIN' ASS and taking names.  As you can plainly see I've been enjoying my early Stebbins/Emdeeh related Christmas gifts with some degree of wild abandon.  It is an incomparable gift to be able to celebrate this ever-so-gifted group with my fellow fans.  True story.

Glad to have you on the board as well...you're definitely valued!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
chris.metcalfe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 03:28:40 AM »

An initially unreleased masterpiece from 1967 - Bob Dylan's Basement Tapes (2014 version). Like Smile, the 2-CD version is excellent value for money!
Tablevega
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2014, 08:10:43 AM »

A vinyl Pet Sounds - made my day.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2014, 10:10:12 AM »

What did you guys get for Christmas about the Beach Boys.  I start first

1.  203 Success Facts on the Beach Boys Book
2. A book about Smile the Long lost Album
3. Capital Years CD
I'd actually not heard of the 203 Success Facts until this thread, is there a paperback/hardback version? I only saw Kindle.

Have fun with that stuff Surfer! I've got the Capital Years box on vinyl, I LOVE it!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2014, 10:32:44 AM »

Glad to have you on the board as well...you're definitely valued!

Billy, don't tell him that - it'll go to his head!!

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2014, 10:44:07 AM »

Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT!!!!,  dry that shirt in the dryer. Hang it up to dry, or never wear it. It will smell fokken weird, and take a lot longer to dry, but it will last you a lot longer, if you just put it on a hanger in some corner or dry it outside when it's not raining.

Same goes for the Fender. Even if you think your dryer can swallow it.

“We live in divisive times.”
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2014, 11:01:13 AM »

I got Scrooge's R&R Xmas on LP (w/ a cover variation I didn't have), Christmas Party( ML & friends) on cassette, Mike & Dean's Japanese LP "Listen To The Air", a 1969 UK programme and the 1970 UK Xmas Concert Programme. 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx