gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 08:39:32 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blog on Phil Spector & Wall of Sound-type music  (Read 1027 times)
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: December 25, 2014, 03:50:12 PM »

I've had some time off work recently and have started a blog about the Wall of Sound; not just the music of Phil Spector but productions old and new that follow in his footsteps.

https://cuecastanets.wordpress.com

There's already a bunch of blog posts up so if anyone here is interested, please do stop by and check it out.

Some of the topics include write-ups on producers from the 60s trying to outdo Spector (and obviously, I'll write about Brian along the way), Gold Star Studios, Philles rarities, Brill Building stuff and a particular geeky obsession of mine, - tracking down songs from the last 10 years or so that try to emulate the Wall of Sound.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 03:51:35 PM by kwan_dk » Logged

kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 04:16:18 PM »

Yeah, one thing is LaLa's vocal performance. But even better is Paul Shaffer's faithful recreation of the wall of sound. I wish he'd take that concept on the road somehow...

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx