gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 10:26:01 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Confusion on profiles  (Read 5493 times)
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2006, 09:25:11 AM »

OK, without going back into history, you all know at some point I deleted my account here.  When I reversed this decision, I went back as my own name.  At that time I checked and confirmed that the system saw my old account and my new account as two separate accounts and the reset post counts confirmed this.  I was checking something out earlier and saw one of my own posts from the old account --- linked to my new one, even though I was still showing the new count settings.  Sure enough, you search on my history and the two accounts are now combined as one. 

Anyone know how this happens?  Nothing too critical, I am just curious.
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 05:25:11 PM »

OK, without going back into history, you all know at some point I deleted my account here.  When I reversed this decision, I went back as my own name.  At that time I checked and confirmed that the system saw my old account and my new account as two separate accounts and the reset post counts confirmed this.  I was checking something out earlier and saw one of my own posts from the old account --- linked to my new one, even though I was still showing the new count settings.  Sure enough, you search on my history and the two accounts are now combined as one. 

Anyone know how this happens?  Nothing too critical, I am just curious.

This happens because Chuck likes to show that he's a smart boy and you can't put anything over on him.  It happened to me also.

"First of all, let's get one thing straight: Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack." - Whitney Houston
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 06:54:34 PM »

No, its because you're using the same IP as your previous account and the board automatically links them together.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »

For my next trick, I'm going to turn Jeff and Joel into JoelMason2006.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 07:18:56 PM »

Just warn my wife before you do -- I don't want her to have a heart attack.
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 12:47:52 AM »

No, its because you're using the same IP as your previous account and the board automatically links them together.

Strange then that it took it a while to actually happen.  Is it a process that is only run every few weeks?  I just know that I started making a few snide remarks about Chuck (as I can't seem to resist doing), and shortly thereafter my old deleted account was linked to the new one.  I guess I put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

"First of all, let's get one thing straight: Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack." - Whitney Houston
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 12:48:57 AM »

For my next trick, I'm going to turn Jeff and Joel into JoelMason2006.

The mind boggles!!!!!!  We will rule the world.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx