gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:46:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian's new station ID for Mike Grant's show tomorrow  (Read 2525 times)
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« on: December 20, 2014, 10:31:35 AM »

For all of you who love to listen to anything related to the Beach Boys, and something that may have well been partially or completely recorded last week:  Darian was good enough to get a full radio id of Mr. Wilson himself for Mike Grant's Bigglesfm.com Sunday show.  It's new, as it's a complete one and was first heard last Sunday.  Mike Grant's a good guy with a great show with lots of deep cuts of Brian/Beach Boys stuff included.  I think Sunday's show was promised to be Holiday-themed as well.  Given that it's also Carl's birthday, I have my suspicions that Carl will likely be featured, although I've not heard this from Mr. Grant himself.  It's on at 5pm in the UK, noon EST, and 9am PST.  http://www.bigglesfm.com/

Mike also does a Beach Boys hour each week on his Hawthorne Harmonies Mixlr.com show, Mike's Mix"on Saturdays at 9pm UK, 4pm EST, 1pm PST if you want to listen today (or any Sat).  He has a BBs warm-up - if I remember correctly from his FB page - starting at 8pm UK time today (3pm EST, noon PST)...Cheers! 
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 10:35:48 AM »

Fantastic! Thanks for the info!
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 12:25:42 PM »

You are very welcome, there's a chat box on Mixlr when you join the show.  Hope to see you there!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 02:20:09 PM »

Probably a dumb question, but what does "id" stand for in this context?

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 02:27:13 PM »

identification

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 02:42:03 PM »

identification

Thanks, Bgas - yeah, it's Brian doing an intro to the show...There's one from Al, too.  I don't know if he'll play both, but he usually does.  The one from Brian is new-er.  First Al did one, the Brian did kind of 1/2 one, then a whole one last week...classic Brian style.
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 04:35:15 PM »

It get's even better for Mike's show tomorrow - he just announced that he's doing the Wrecking Crew for his Holiday special and Darian's "Christmas Island Songs."  I wouldn't miss it if I were you.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 08:35:59 AM »

identification

Thanks, Bgas - yeah, it's Brian doing an intro to the show...There's one from Al, too.  I don't know if he'll play both, but he usually does.  The one from Brian is new-er.  First Al did one, the Brian did kind of 1/2 one, then a whole one last week...classic Brian style.

So in this context "identification" means "an intro to the show"? Like "Hi, this is Brian Wilson, and you're listening to..."? I rarely listen to English language radio shows, so I hadn't run across that term before, and my online dictionary doesn't list that meaning for "identification" either. Thanks for clarifying, Debbie.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 08:45:56 AM »

Mike Grant's on in just a few minutes, if you'd like some music to accompany your SS activities...  www.bigglesfm.com - Darian's "Christmas Island Songs."
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 08:50:25 AM »

Thanks for the reminder, Debbie! Some serious Hallelujahing going on now.
PhilSpectre
Smiley Smile Associate

May You Never Hear Surf Music ... Again

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 10:55:55 AM »

identification

So in this context "identification" means "an intro to the show"? Like "Hi, this is Brian Wilson, and you're listening to..."? I rarely listen to English language radio shows, so I hadn't run across that term before, and my online dictionary doesn't list that meaning for "identification" either. Thanks for clarifying, Debbie.

Ah, I thought it meant he'd made a brief jingle, presumably multi-vocal harmonies singing about the show/ radio station etc, that they slotted occasionally between songs  Smiley . That would be the sort of thing that might appeal to Brian imo, as an old pop radio fan.
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 12:15:39 PM »

Yeah - no new vocalizing by Brian beyond simple speech on this broadcast.  However, Darian's "Christmas Island" selections were fun, of course, and the Wrecking Crew Holiday segment was excellent, too.  I never worry, Mike Grant's shows are always enlightening and fun on several levels.
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 12:16:28 PM »

Thanks for the reminder, Debbie! Some serious Hallelujahing going on now.

You're a hallelujah kinda' guy, Ontor!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx