gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:57:57 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Music Setup/Collection  (Read 2261 times)
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2014, 08:25:25 AM »

Since everyone here is no doubt seriously in to music, I thought it'd be nice to have a thread to post pictures and details about their music setups and collections.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 08:44:00 AM »

My latest vinyl purchases:

Blood On The Tracks - Bob Dylan

Brian Wilson - Brian Wilson. Melt Away sounds amazing. Though the first part of 'Love and Mercy' skips like crazy Angry

IV - Led Zeppelin. Rock and Roll is probably the best sounding song I own on vinyl.

Planet Waves - Bob Dylan

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 08:48:47 AM »

Also got this at a local record shop a few months ago. South African pressing of 'Live in London' - sounds terrific.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
halblaineisgood
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 04:20:47 AM »

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:59:50 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 04:23:19 AM »

What about hardware, Rab

Show us, Rab.

I'll upload a photo of my speaker/vinyl setup soon.

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 08:23:50 AM »

No pics...

1.  I don't know how...[I'm an analog man]...and 2.  I don't want the 'bad guys' lookin' at it on-line.  I also have a BIG dog and he doesn't much 'cotton' to strangers.  [woof]  He likes me though. LOL

I pump the tunes through either the Denon DN-2000F MK III's on CD or my Technics Quartz....followed by a long number... TT for the vinyl.  Cool

It plays through my Soundcraft D-MIX 1000 mixing board and fires out of either JBL Studio monitors or JBL custom made tops and bottoms all powered by twin QSC MX 1500a's on the bottom boxes and the 2000 version on the tops depending on who I'm trying to wake up...and where.  I've got Behringer, DBX and Neutrix gizmos attached to it too...and I have 'a guy' who looks after it all for me as I am about as technically gifted as a snail.  Huh

Beats the living daylights out of the old Seabreeze mono record player I owned back in the early 60s when I was listening to my first 45s and albums.  [of course I used to love to listen to the Little Deuce Coupe album on my Dad's HiFi.  THAT was a powerful unit...by comparison.  And the album sounded 'ACES'.]  Cool Guy

Needless to say...my music collection is blinkin' gigantic.  I may well have one of the ten largest collections of Reggae/W. Indian music in the country...and that makes up perhaps 20% of the whole....maybe less.  I've got a ton of BBs/group and solo material.  I AM NOT a collector.  I LISTEN to what I own.  [although the vinyl hardly ever gets touched anymore...too much of a pain in the arse to set it up]

I spent the entire winter [ t'was a long one-about 5 months long ... up in Northern Ontario on the James Bay Frontier ] 5 years ago using an elaboate set up to record specific songs off of vinyl and into the computer and subsequently back out onto CD as needed.  Those gizmos they sell to perform that task aren't really all that great quality-wise.  [Way too thin and noisy]  Primarily I transferred alot of older material that I couldn't find anywhere on CD so that I could incorporate it into radio programming I was preparing for a proposed new radio station.  It was fun to do...and worth it.  Although I wouldn't want to do it again.

Headphones are still A GREAT way to really listen to and enjoy music.

I'll say this...and it's a GREAT tip...the kind of equipment you use is likely not as important as the WIRING you use to get the sound from the source to your speakers.  GREAT wiring makes a GIGANTIC difference.  Spend more on 'top of the line' wiring and you will hear things buried in the music which you may well have never really noticed before.  True story. 3D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:28:35 AM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 09:52:13 AM »

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:54:22 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 10:34:36 PM »

I also have a green plastic garbage pail for recycleables...and a white one for just plain garbage.  My wife is a lttle anal retentive,  Wink  [well anal something. LOL]

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx