-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:21:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Little Children, or Luther Finally Fucking Unloads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Little Children, or Luther Finally Fucking Unloads.  (Read 8564 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2014, 07:54:50 PM »

Little children. Not marching along, though, but rather scurrying into every forbidden closet, flopping onto the floor with bratty fists and feet--unknowingly impotent--beating the immoveable reality of the goshdarn ground. Your squeals are a higher pitch than even someone so predisposed can scarcely take.

Or is that the point? For some, it seems so. Amp it up. Squawk to needle, to poke, to prod, and then run away. Incendiary little bitches, you. Either side, every side. You're pathetic. You really are. Carrying on feuds rather than saying anything. Anything.

Do you honestly even care? If not about each other (and why should you), about the music? About any music? Do you honestly even know one another? How? How do you remember? Why would some strangers who are to you nothing more than Internet-avatars earn any kind of response whatsoever, much less repeated assholery intended to get in some stupid dig on something a third of fandom likes, a third hates, and a third doesn't give half a sh*t about?

Grow the f*** up. Seriously.

The best Beach Boys board (and honestly, at least historically and in theory, one of the better music boards in general) has become a fuckdump of retardery. I'm forced to drunkenly make up insults for it. That's how bad it is. The main forum--the General on Topic Discussions forum--is like a nuclear wasteland, so radioactive are most of the stupid-ass discussions. Or is the vomiting more from the general nausea inspired by sheer boredom and stupidity, as opposed to my supposition of some sort of fallout?

Maybe I--I, the goshdarn asshole, of all people--am naive in thinking everyone could actually just be nice. Simple as that. Talk about music. Disagree, yeah. But just be nice, whenever possible. Whenever not, air grievances and get over it. Make a sarcastic new note about being some kind of record-breaking twaddler, if necessary. But otherwise, be nice. And try to avoid dragging every goshdarn thread into the same stupid fucking quicksand of moronism.

In closing, well, I wrote that. Have a nice night. But seriously, so many of you suck. Just fucking suck horribly. (It should go without saying, but some of you don't. But lots of you do. Really.)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 08:09:10 PM »

High Five

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 08:32:48 PM »

We are a bunch of assholes, no doubt about that. Dickheads too. We treat each other like sh*t. One of these days I will wise up and leave, but this is the Internet and this is what happens when people hide behind their computer. Hardly a one of us would have the balls to talk to each other like we do here if we had to interact with each other face to face. We are becoming socially dysfunctional and this place proves it over and over again.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:34:45 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 08:36:03 PM »

i just wanted to post but i didnt have anything to post and now i dont know what to do with this space

if you have any ideas, please call me on my cell phone
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 05:46:56 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 08:41:49 PM »

We are a bunch of assholes, no doubt about that. Dickheads too. We treat each other like sh*t. One of these days I will wise up and leave, but this is the Internet and this is what happens when people hide behind their computer. Hardly a one of us would have the balls to talk to each other like we do here if we had to interact with each other face to face. We are becoming socially dysfunctional and this place proves it over and over again.

You mean the internet makes people say things they wouldn't normally say? Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 09:09:06 PM »

I'd like to thank The Captain for not mentioning me.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 11:40:23 PM »

Grin
halblaineisgood
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 12:41:58 AM »

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 01:05:58 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 12:46:13 AM »

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 01:05:48 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 05:45:59 AM »

Bravo Captain Luther!  Beer

It's four o'clock somewhere!   Wink
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 12:55:15 PM »

Those Timberwolves have really turned you into a grump.

Seriously, I used to be on this forum a few years ago, and I left because of a lot of the reasons you stated. So I came back, thinking it had changed, and it hadn't. I'm basically here for the basketball, and to watch AGD tell everyone how much he knows, and to watch people go 'We're so lucky to have you!', and others go 'Why are you such an asshole?', at which point a moderator will come in and say 'Gosh guys, let's all get along. My job today sucked, and this is the only thing that makes me happy; watching people bitch at each other'. And then an 'honored guest' will bitch at someone because they got the date wrong on a recording session that took place 40 years ago, or they will tell you that they 'know someone close' to the situation, and you won't believe some of the stuff they've heard. At which point, we all laugh at Carol Kaye because, well, it's important to set the record straight on what she did or didn't play on. Because WE want her to know that she's wrong.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 02:18:25 PM »

Those Timberwolves have really turned you into a grump.

Seriously, I used to be on this forum a few years ago, and I left because of a lot of the reasons you stated. So I came back, thinking it had changed, and it hadn't. I'm basically here for the basketball, and to watch AGD tell everyone how much he knows, and to watch people go 'We're so lucky to have you!', and others go 'Why are you such an asshole?', at which point a moderator will come in and say 'Gosh guys, let's all get along. My job today sucked, and this is the only thing that makes me happy; watching people bitch at each other'. And then an 'honored guest' will bitch at someone because they got the date wrong on a recording session that took place 40 years ago, or they will tell you that they 'know someone close' to the situation, and you won't believe some of the stuff they've heard. At which point, we all laugh at Carol Kaye because, well, it's important to set the record straight on what she did or didn't play on. Because WE want her to know that she's wrong.
Carol made a lot of undeniable music industry contributions.  I would never get in that lady's face and confront her.  As a woman she was pretty cutting edge in a shark tank, that was male-dominated.  She is someone that women musicians can aspire to, and admire as a role model. 

My issue isn't her legacy, although it is interesting, but the concept that the actual "garage band" is having its' legacy put at issue, if there is a challenge to whether they actually played on the records.  Eroding their legacy with years of naysayers was bad enough, but from within the industry is unthinkable and unacceptable. 

And, if there is way to independently verify without confrontation, that would be the ideal solution. 

At least Capt. Luther took the bull by the horns.   Wink
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 12:55:23 AM »

Some people seem to forget there's a living, breathing organism behind the screen name & avatar.

My universe is just a simulation created by my mind, and yours is just a simulation created by yours.

Your existence is just a hologram created by my mind, but have no doubts that I'm very glad your non-existence has decided to grace my psyche.

No mas, por favor.
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 03:39:14 AM »

We should remember there are plenty of board members who steer well clear of such skunk pissing-matches. It could be worse.

Please delete my account
Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 06:08:29 AM »

I think he did!  Grin
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 07:24:04 AM »

Remember what happened to certain other boards prior to this one - chaos is one word to use. Chaos created in large part by board members who seemed intent on creating chaos. And that's going back 9-10 years ago. Makes the stuff going on here seem like small potatoes. Not trying to relate, or compare, or anything else except saying it may just be par for the course that could be addressed as such, rather than hoping for something that hasn't been the case on these related boards for over a decade if ever.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 02:00:09 AM »

Didn't take long for the thread top descend into the kind of crap that I suspect Luther was talking about. Never mind. Appreciate the sentiments.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 08:23:37 PM »

2 the OP: maybe I don't get anything, but wasn't it you who said in another thread forget where that some amount of decorum would be a nice idea? Then, now you insult people on the board using plethora of swear words? Doesn't make sense at all. Can you do explanation?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2014, 11:23:20 AM »

Sometimes, I can't tell if you're trying to be funny, or you're serious.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 05:47:49 AM »

Little children. Not marching along, though, but rather scurrying into every forbidden closet, flopping onto the floor with bratty fists and feet--unknowingly impotent--beating the immoveable reality of the goshdarn ground. Your squeals are a higher pitch than even someone so predisposed can scarcely take.

Or is that the point? For some, it seems so. Amp it up. Squawk to needle, to poke, to prod, and then run away. Incendiary little bitches, you. Either side, every side. You're pathetic. You really are. Carrying on feuds rather than saying anything. Anything.

Do you honestly even care? If not about each other (and why should you), about the music? About any music? Do you honestly even know one another? How? How do you remember? Why would some strangers who are to you nothing more than Internet-avatars earn any kind of response whatsoever, much less repeated assholery intended to get in some stupid dig on something a third of fandom likes, a third hates, and a third doesn't give half a sh*t about?

Grow the f*** up. Seriously.

The best Beach Boys board (and honestly, at least historically and in theory, one of the better music boards in general) has become a fuckdump of retardery. I'm forced to drunkenly make up insults for it. That's how bad it is. The main forum--the General on Topic Discussions forum--is like a nuclear wasteland, so radioactive are most of the stupid-ass discussions. Or is the vomiting more from the general nausea inspired by sheer boredom and stupidity, as opposed to my supposition of some sort of fallout?

Maybe I--I, the goshdarn asshole, of all people--am naive in thinking everyone could actually just be nice. Simple as that. Talk about music. Disagree, yeah. But just be nice, whenever possible. Whenever not, air grievances and get over it. Make a sarcastic new note about being some kind of record-breaking twaddler, if necessary. But otherwise, be nice. And try to avoid dragging every goshdarn thread into the same stupid fucking quicksand of moronism.

In closing, well, I wrote that. Have a nice night. But seriously, so many of you suck. Just fucking suck horribly. (It should go without saying, but some of you don't. But lots of you do. Really.)

Preach it dude! Big reason why I rarely post here anymore
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 09:43:53 AM »

Thanks 'Elton'. LOL

This 'captain' wouldn't happen to be Luther of Luther and Pete fame would he?  Like Saturdays listening to Kelly/Kelley on Luxuria Luther?

If not...of course...go (*&&^% yourself. Wink

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2015, 04:55:24 PM »

So many of you are acting in a way that, if you're serious, is just pathetic.

If you're joking, well, it's equally pathetic.

Enjoy arguing ad infinitum with people you don't know about people you don't know and about things that don't really affect you in the slightest. Because that's great. And it makes this place just a real pleasure to be a part of. You come off as SO FUCKING CLEVER. You've won the admiration of the world. You're really contributing to things. Good work. It's a sad, sad world when people think confrontational assholery is somehow "straight talk" about some stupid oversimplification. It's depressing for anyone interested in anything other than JESUS GOOD, DEVIL BAD to see fifty bazillion posts about JESUS GOOD, DEVIL BAD every day.

You mostly all suck.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2015, 08:35:11 PM »

I agree. You suck as well. You asshole. :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: