gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:48:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson 'Les Chan' (on the 'Cocaine Sessions' CD)  (Read 9930 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2006, 08:51:30 PM »

He still kinda sounds like his young self there.

How weird to here a clip of Carolyn Williams...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 09:02:55 PM by Billy C » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
MBE
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2006, 02:45:11 AM »

Billy you are right no slurring or anything. I think the slurring begain about 1986 and got worse in 1991
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2006, 03:38:34 AM »

This is indeed rather strong evidence that the slurring started later on. However, I think this tape is running way too fast. So while Brian does sound very energetic and is not slurring, I think his voice probably didn't sound quite that high-pitched in 1981. He sounds like his 18 year old voice there, and other examples I've heard of his voice circa 1981 have his voice a bit deeper than that.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2006, 08:43:39 PM »

This is indeed rather strong evidence that the slurring started later on. However, I think this tape is running way too fast. So while Brian does sound very energetic and is not slurring, I think his voice probably didn't sound quite that high-pitched in 1981. He sounds like his 18 year old voice there, and other examples I've heard of his voice circa 1981 have his voice a bit deeper than that.

I was thinking the same thing. Everybody sounds kinda whiny.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
catman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2006, 12:04:47 AM »

Brian sounds really good. He doesn't sound crazy. He sounds like he did in the 60's. But I guess yall are probably right with the pitch thing. Even if his voice was lower, he seemed to have a good spirit.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 12:15:17 AM by catman » Logged
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2006, 02:14:13 PM »

Great interview!  There's one part I can't seem to make out however... It occurs at 6:27 into the interview when Brian is discussing the songs that will appear on the (ultimately) unreleased *New Beach Boys Album*:

FAN: "Loop de Loop", is that coming out soon?

BRIAN: No that's not coming out.

FAN: unintelligable

BRIAN: No we decided not to get into that.  That's too, too... It's not good enough.  We wanted something that's good out there.  We want good product.

BRIAN: Yeah, unintelligable sounds real good!  They play...

Can anyone fill in the missing blanks here?

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2006, 03:53:13 PM »

BRIAN: No we decided not to get into that.  That's too, too... It's not good enough.  We wanted something that's good out there.  We want good product.

BRIAN: Yeah, unintelligable sounds real good!  They play...
Haha, that seems to make sense anyway.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx