gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:02:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does the on stage talent level of the BB's piss you off?  (Read 18511 times)
MBE
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2006, 10:38:22 PM »

Thanks  I. Spaceman. I added a few more lines
Mark H.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2006, 07:13:20 AM »

Quote from: GETTINHUNGRY
Being honest about the fact that the Beach Boys were not a great live band does not make us unloyal fans.  why could'nt the Beach Boys perform better live?  That is the ral question.

It's not a FACT that the Beach Boys were or were not a great live band. That is an OPINION only.

OK, rant over. 

I just double checked my sources, it's factual that they were indeeed a great live band much of the time.  Wink
JScott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2006, 01:55:59 PM »

I don't really listen to live recordings much. I think live stuff is meant to be enjoyed in the moment, in an arena full of fans. The Beach Boys were a studio band to me, and I just don't think of them as rock n' roll. Most of their rock n' roll type songs are among my least favorites anyway. Give me the stacked harmonies, sparkling production and studio players. Actually, after Pet Sounds I wish they had either supplemented the band with players who could fill out their sound, or just retired from the road completely.

“Hey, I don’t know the answer to life. I just know that when enough voices combine with the right melody, you’ve got the sound of heaven.”
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2006, 02:33:40 PM »

Dennis could have easily functioned as a front man such as Don Henley on later material.   

The biggest difference there being that Dennis didn't suck.

Wink

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx