gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 09:56:17 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2015  (Read 393332 times)
KDS
« Reply #1725 on: October 16, 2015, 05:34:06 AM »

To KDS---- I have not seen the Dennis film  of Do You Wanna Dance...but can assure you it is highly unlikely to be from Ready, Steady, Go. They never performed it on RSG. Most likely clip is from Shindig or Hullabaloo

YES!!  You're right it's Shindig.  Not sure why I thought RSG.  Thanks.   Smiley

I wish Mike and Bruce would come near my neck of the woods in December.  I know in December, they typically perform a big chunk of the Beach Boys Christmas Album.  That's the first BB album I ever owned, and I was into that looooong before I really embraced The Beach Boys.  So, it would be cool to hear that stuff live.
Junkstar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: October 16, 2015, 06:52:08 AM »

The December schedule looks like they cover a huge swath of Germany and then end in Colorado in the US.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: October 16, 2015, 08:53:29 AM »

To KDS---- I have not seen the Dennis film  of Do You Wanna Dance...but can assure you it is highly unlikely to be from Ready, Steady, Go. They never performed it on RSG. Most likely clip is from Shindig or Hullabaloo

YES!!  You're right it's Shindig.  Not sure why I thought RSG.  Thanks.   Smiley

I wish Mike and Bruce would come near my neck of the woods in December.  I know in December, they typically perform a big chunk of the Beach Boys Christmas Album.  That's the first BB album I ever owned, and I was into that looooong before I really embraced The Beach Boys.  So, it would be cool to hear that stuff live.

Totally agree. No way we'll get them this year either. They've got quite a lot of dates for Jan/Feb/Mar already...and quite ea few in Jersey in February. Maybe they'll drift our way then?
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: October 31, 2015, 02:20:25 PM »

Has anyone seen Mike & Bruce dates for 2016? Nothing on the official site, but tickets are on sale via ticketmaster for the following dates:

1/27 - Napa, CA
2/13 - Collingsword, NJ
2/27 - Hollywood, FL
3/1 - Daytona Beach, FL
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: October 31, 2015, 09:34:47 PM »

Has anyone seen Mike & Bruce dates for 2016? Nothing on the official site, but tickets are on sale via ticketmaster for the following dates:

1/27 - Napa, CA
2/13 - Collingsword, NJ
2/27 - Hollywood, FL
3/1 - Daytona Beach, FL

Some others in CA in January...some others in Jersey in February...and *you guess it* some others in Florida in February/March.  LOL
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: November 12, 2015, 07:50:31 PM »

Mike and Bruce are coming to Baltimore just three days before my 21st birthday! They'll be at The Lyric Opera House downtown, a twenty-minute (TOPS!) drive for me! My girlfriend and I got second row tix in the presale today, general sale tomorrow...looking forward to seeing a theatre show in the winter...hoping that means a deeper setlist! Would love to meet Mike and Bruce with my GF as she's never met them and with my birthday nearby and all! LOL
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: November 12, 2015, 08:23:13 PM »

Mike and Bruce are coming to Baltimore just three days before my 21st birthday! They'll be at The Lyric Opera House downtown, a twenty-minute (TOPS!) drive for me! My girlfriend and I got second row tix in the presale today, general sale tomorrow...looking forward to seeing a theatre show in the winter...hoping that means a deeper setlist! Would love to meet Mike and Bruce with my GF as she's never met them and with my birthday nearby and all! LOL

Super cool, very nice venue definitely gonna go. The next night they play in Hagerstown, Md at another theater. Probably gonna go to that too because back to back theater shows are bound to produce some rare deep cuts I haven't heard live
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 08:45:34 PM by baseball95 » Logged
SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: November 12, 2015, 08:55:15 PM »

Anyone else seeing the guys in Perth? Gonna be the my first time seeing them, super excited!
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: November 12, 2015, 10:42:02 PM »

Super cool, very nice venue definitely gonna go. The next night they play in Hagerstown, Md at another theater. Probably gonna go to that too because back to back theater shows are bound to produce some rare deep cuts I haven't heard live

I can't do both nights...but luckily I can make the 17th work....my birthday is the 20th...haven't found anything on that date yet!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1734 on: November 13, 2015, 02:01:28 AM »

Anyone else seeing the guys in Perth? Gonna be the my first time seeing them, super excited!

When I was in Perth this year, I went into a comic book store and was stunned to hear only Beach Boys music played, including very deep cuts. It turned out one of the guys there by the name of Keith was a big BBs fan and we talked for over an hour. The next day I returned to have a souvenir photo, which I was too stunned to think of the previous day, but other music was playing. Keith said that the other guys said they couldn't stand the BBs anymore now... Cheesy

Maybe this guy called Keith will go too?

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
KDS
« Reply #1735 on: November 13, 2015, 05:49:24 AM »

Thanks for the tip.  I saw them at Wolf Trap last summer and really enjoyed it, but like you, I'm hoping a theater setting means a little deeper setlist (I keep hearing All I Wanna Do usually cracks the setlist at indoor theater shows).  Might have to check it out. 
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: November 13, 2015, 07:17:24 AM »

Just bought row CCC (third row) dead center for Baltimore, man I'm excited it's a beautiful venue just saw Ringo Starr there. Only $90 too which considering other venue prices for their gigs around here is a good deal.
KDS
« Reply #1737 on: November 13, 2015, 09:12:17 AM »

I was able to set Orchestra Seats. 

Thanks for the tip RubberSoul13. 

I saw John Fogerty there two years ago, and it's a great concert venue. 
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: November 13, 2015, 11:20:35 AM »

Just bought row CCC (third row) dead center for Baltimore, man I'm excited it's a beautiful venue just saw Ringo Starr there. Only $90 too which considering other venue prices for their gigs around here is a good deal.

Nice! I'm in row BB (second row) just a bit left of center. I was at the Ringo show too...fifth row on the right! Those seats were much more expensive than these.....  LOL
KDS
« Reply #1739 on: November 13, 2015, 11:44:32 AM »

Nice! I'm in row BB (second row) just a bit left of center. I was at the Ringo show too...fifth row on the right! Those seats were much more expensive than these.....  LOL

I'm in Row BB also.  Seeing Brian, Al, and Blondie in the second row at Montgomery College a week from today.  And now, in three months, Mike and Bruce in the second row. 

Pretty cool considering it felt like I was in a different zip code when I saw the 2012 reunion show from the lawn at Merriweather. 
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1740 on: November 15, 2015, 05:19:09 AM »

They played this recently it seems - http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Star-studded-LA-fundraiser-rakes-in-31-million-for-IDF-432285 - cant find any more detailed info though...

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: November 15, 2015, 09:44:05 AM »

I'm in Row BB also.  Seeing Brian, Al, and Blondie in the second row at Montgomery College a week from today.  And now, in three months, Mike and Bruce in the second row. 

Pretty cool considering it felt like I was in a different zip code when I saw the 2012 reunion show from the lawn at Merriweather. 

I'll be at that one too- row 2, too!  LOL    I saw the Zombies there in '13...it's smaller than most high school auditoriums...
KDS
« Reply #1742 on: November 16, 2015, 05:51:37 AM »

I'll be at that one too- row 2, too!  LOL    I saw the Zombies there in '13...it's smaller than most high school auditoriums...

Very cool. 

I know this is off topic from Mike and Bruce, but what's the parking situation like at Montgomery College?  And are there any places close by to get a quick bite to eat? 
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: November 16, 2015, 09:19:13 PM »

Very cool. 

I know this is off topic from Mike and Bruce, but what's the parking situation like at Montgomery College?  And are there any places close by to get a quick bite to eat? 

Parking is very easy. There's a free lot right in front of the center. Once off the highway, the college itself can be a bit tricky to locate (even with directions/GPS) but the venue is quite simple once on campus. I didn't see any place nearby for food last time. It's in the middle of a neighborhood.
Zargo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: November 16, 2015, 11:28:28 PM »

Melbourne tomorrow night for me!
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: November 17, 2015, 02:22:18 AM »

The silence from the Bondi Beachfest is deafening!

Did anyone go?
KDS
« Reply #1746 on: November 17, 2015, 05:08:56 AM »

Very cool. 

Parking is very easy. There's a free lot right in front of the center. Once off the highway, the college itself can be a bit tricky to locate (even with directions/GPS) but the venue is quite simple once on campus. I didn't see any place nearby for food last time. It's in the middle of a neighborhood.

Thanks for the information.  I think we're going to leave early and try to hit a place near Rockville Town Center before going to the college. 
KDS
« Reply #1747 on: November 17, 2015, 05:27:47 AM »

The silence from the Bondi Beachfest is deafening!

Did anyone go?

Looks like they threw in Cotton Fields and Still Crusin. 

I really wouldn't mind Goin to the Beach being retired going into 2016.  It's been in the set for, what three years now?  Surely, they can pick another track from MIC. 
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1748 on: November 17, 2015, 11:12:57 AM »

I posted this in the Beach Boys Scans-thread:
smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,10376.msg547621.html#msg547621

Found it in a magazine for events in and around Hannover :

BTW the soccer game between Germany and the Netherlands in Hannover just got cancelled because they have serious information about a planned attack.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1749 on: November 18, 2015, 09:51:28 AM »

I posted this in the Beach Boys Scans-thread:
smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,10376.msg547621.html#msg547621

Found it in a magazine for events in and around Hannover :

Oh! I've got get that right away from the kiosk across the street! Smiley Is that the December or November issue? Should be November.

BTW the soccer game between Germany and the Netherlands in Hannover just got cancelled because they have serious information about a planned attack.

Yeah, I had a ticket and got turned away. Nothing was found, nobody was arrested. I guess the officials were fooled by a hoax. Bloody German angst! Angry

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx