gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:25:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2015  (Read 391056 times)
KDS
« Reply #1700 on: October 02, 2015, 06:17:32 AM »

I'm not sure why this writer thinks M&B's Tyler, TX show is a reunion date, but he does:

Good Vibrations: The Beach Boys celebrates 50th anniversary at Cowan Center
http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-News+Local/224808/good-vibrations-the-beach-boys-celebrates-50th-anniversary-at-cowan-center

Shocked

It looks like the writer copies and pasted an article written in 2012.  Very lazy reporting. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1701 on: October 02, 2015, 10:41:07 AM »

Yep, total cut and paste job from 2012.

For the next McCartney show, will he cut and paste a bio from the Beatles' 1966 tour?

He also uses a photo of Mike's band, but it's an outdated one with Christian Love and Randell Kirsche.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: October 02, 2015, 01:23:37 PM »

Yep, total cut and paste job from 2012.

For the next McCartney show, will he cut and paste a bio from the Beatles' 1966 tour?

He also uses a photo of Mike's band, but it's an outdated one with Christian Love and Randell Kirsche.

what was it cut from?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: October 02, 2015, 02:09:51 PM »

https://www.bandpage.com/TheBeachBoys
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: October 02, 2015, 02:29:45 PM »

I wonder if the writer was paid for cribbing this article.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: October 03, 2015, 03:08:40 PM »

For the upcoming Aust/ NZ tour Mike and Bruce may get their wish about catching L&M on a flight. LOL

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/entertainment/october-2015/all/movies/synopsis/love--mercy/62443

....and a bonus!

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/entertainment/october-2015/all/tv/synopsis/later-with-jools-holland-legends/62540
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 03:09:39 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: October 03, 2015, 03:27:27 PM »

LOL! Well, there goes that excuse.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: October 03, 2015, 06:26:14 PM »

Nah, they'll say they were sleeping on the flight, and re: the Oscars when someone asks them about that, they'll be too busy for that clip, too (well, I'm planning on one, even though it wasn't a blockbuster aimed at 13-year-old boys.)  I mean, if you aren't the hero and you still don't have a legitimate suit to file over the film, what's a guy to do?
shadownoze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: October 10, 2015, 09:00:42 AM »

I saw the Mike & Bruce show two nights ago in San Antonio. I would not ordinarily have gone, but a friend from Austin invited me and had good tickets, so I had no reason to pass. I had seen the group earlier this year in a rodeo setting in a literal barn, and it was the wham-bam greatest hits version. I was curious to see how different this would be. They were playing in the Majestic Theater, one of the most beautiful old theaters in the country. It was packed.
The show started with a rapid-fire medley of early surf stuff, with the intriguing addition of Going To The Beach, which was dropped in with all the vintage hits; the audience received it warmly, though I'm sure a lot of them were thinking, "Hmmm, I must have forgotten this one."
As a guy who is firmly in the Brian camp, I can only say that the show was excellent. Sound was very good, the implementation of the videos worked well, and the band was super tight. The show was divided by a 20-minute intermission; first half was almost entirely pre-Pet Sounds. I was pleased when they dropped in a big chunk of half a dozen or so songs that I don't think I have EVER heard live: Farmer's Daughter, Good To My Baby, Kiss Me Baby, You're So Good To Me, I'm So Young (with a STELLAR lead vocal by Brian Eichenberger), and Getcha Back. During Surfer Girl, most of the audience held up their phones with the flashlights on, swaying back and forth, and the effect was pretty charming.
Mike and Bruce's voices are whispery and not strong, but it often seems like they're just not supporting the tone with proper breathing. During Their Hearts Were Full of Spring (with Mike, Bruce, Brian E, and Scott), they truly sounded amazing, though. We got Disney Girls and Pisces Brothers, both well received by the audience.
Final thought: Brian Eichenberger doesn't even sing on all the songs, but he's a great addition. AND, Jeff Foskett sounded the best I have EVER heard him; he's gotten rid of the sharp/shrill edge to his voice and his falsettos were right on key and beautiful to hear. Oh, and Cowsill's lead on Wild Honey had me smiling for the entire song; he is a real energy boost to this band.
So, glad I went and glad to see the "theater" show as opposed to the state fair/rodeo set. I came away unable to think of very many songs I wanted to hear that were not played. Great show, guys.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1709 on: October 10, 2015, 11:56:15 PM »

I saw the Mike & Bruce show two nights ago in San Antonio. I would not ordinarily have gone, but a friend from Austin invited me and had good tickets, so I had no reason to pass. I had seen the group earlier this year in a rodeo setting in a literal barn, and it was the wham-bam greatest hits version. I was curious to see how different this would be. They were playing in the Majestic Theater, one of the most beautiful old theaters in the country. It was packed.
The show started with a rapid-fire medley of early surf stuff, with the intriguing addition of Going To The Beach, which was dropped in with all the vintage hits; the audience received it warmly, though I'm sure a lot of them were thinking, "Hmmm, I must have forgotten this one."
As a guy who is firmly in the Brian camp, I can only say that the show was excellent. Sound was very good, the implementation of the videos worked well, and the band was super tight. The show was divided by a 20-minute intermission; first half was almost entirely pre-Pet Sounds. I was pleased when they dropped in a big chunk of half a dozen or so songs that I don't think I have EVER heard live: Farmer's Daughter, Good To My Baby, Kiss Me Baby, You're So Good To Me, I'm So Young (with a STELLAR lead vocal by Brian Eichenberger), and Getcha Back. During Surfer Girl, most of the audience held up their phones with the flashlights on, swaying back and forth, and the effect was pretty charming.
Mike and Bruce's voices are whispery and not strong, but it often seems like they're just not supporting the tone with proper breathing. During Their Hearts Were Full of Spring (with Mike, Bruce, Brian E, and Scott), they truly sounded amazing, though. We got Disney Girls and Pisces Brothers, both well received by the audience.
Final thought: Brian Eichenberger doesn't even sing on all the songs, but he's a great addition. AND, Jeff Foskett sounded the best I have EVER heard him; he's gotten rid of the sharp/shrill edge to his voice and his falsettos were right on key and beautiful to hear. Oh, and Cowsill's lead on Wild Honey had me smiling for the entire song; he is a real energy boost to this band.
So, glad I went and glad to see the "theater" show as opposed to the state fair/rodeo set. I came away unable to think of very many songs I wanted to hear that were not played. Great show, guys.

Did Mike sing Getcha Back?
shadownoze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: October 11, 2015, 04:42:58 AM »

Yes.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: October 11, 2015, 07:13:11 PM »

Yes.

That hasn't happened in quite awhile!
shadownoze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: October 11, 2015, 07:33:09 PM »

One other thing that was new to me. After they did God Only Knows, synced with the audio/video of Carl singing lead, I was waiting for them to do Forever. Instead, they did Do You Wanna Dance, with a Dennis lead and some black and white video of him singing.
I also forgot to mention that some guy came onstage in the second half who Mike said was named Paul. I didn't catch his last name, but Paul sang the lead on Help Me Rhonda for some reason. After that, he hung around onstage for the remainder of the show, sometimes playing tambourine, sometimes taking over the keyboard duties, including playing a not-so-great organ solo on—I think—Surfin' USA. Earlier, Mike had mentioned that the producer of the Pisces Brothers track was in the audience. Does anyone know if that song was produced by someone named Paul? Otherwise, I have no idea who this guy was or why he got to sing lead on Rhonda.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: October 11, 2015, 08:36:12 PM »

One other thing that was new to me. After they did God Only Knows, synced with the audio/video of Carl singing lead, I was waiting for them to do Forever. Instead, they did Do You Wanna Dance, with a Dennis lead and some black and white video of him singing.
I also forgot to mention that some guy came onstage in the second half who Mike said was named Paul. I didn't catch his last name, but Paul sang the lead on Help Me Rhonda for some reason. After that, he hung around onstage for the remainder of the show, sometimes playing tambourine, sometimes taking over the keyboard duties, including playing a not-so-great organ solo on—I think—Surfin' USA. Earlier, Mike had mentioned that the producer of the Pisces Brothers track was in the audience. Does anyone know if that song was produced by someone named Paul? Otherwise, I have no idea who this guy was or why he got to sing lead on Rhonda.

That's bizarre...ya got me.

I've read of them doing "Do You Wanna Dance" but have yet to witness it. I don't think it's very regular.
KDS
« Reply #1714 on: October 11, 2015, 09:15:27 PM »

I've read of them doing "Do You Wanna Dance" but have yet to witness it. I don't think it's very regular.

Actually, I think Do You Wanna Dance with the Ready Steady Go Dennis footage has been the regular Dennis tribute the last two years. 
barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: October 11, 2015, 09:34:14 PM »

just my opinion, but guessing the "Forever" presentation with Dennis was shelved due to the Stamos baggage associated during one C50 concert and JS's continued gaffe's in his personal life.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: October 11, 2015, 09:36:37 PM »

Actually, I think Do You Wanna Dance with the Ready Steady Go Dennis footage has been the regular Dennis tribute the last two years. 

I know it's been used, but it's been far less regular than "God Only Knows" for Carl. Both concerts I attended this summer and last summer had Carl's tribute but not Dennis's. The year before ('13) I saw M&B three times...the first was in July and Bruce was still singing "God Only Knows". I heard them soundchecking "Forever" and Scott Totten told me they were working up the tributes used on C50. The other two concerts I attended that year were back to back in September and featured Carl on "God Only Knows" but no mention of Dennis whatsoever.
KDS
« Reply #1717 on: October 11, 2015, 09:42:28 PM »

I know it's been used, but it's been far less regular than "God Only Knows" for Carl. Both concerts I attended this summer and last summer had Carl's tribute but not Dennis's. The year before ('13) I saw M&B three times...the first was in July and Bruce was still singing "God Only Knows". I heard them soundchecking "Forever" and Scott Totten told me they were working up the tributes used on C50. The other two concerts I attended that year were back to back in September and featured Carl on "God Only Knows" but no mention of Dennis whatsoever.

I think it also depends on the venue.  In a recent interview, Mike said that if the venue doesn't have a projection screen, then Bruce sings God Only Knows. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1718 on: October 12, 2015, 12:41:03 PM »

I think Paul Fauerso produced some of Mike's 70s stuff and also worked with him on the 2000s "Mike Love Not War" stuff including "Pisces Brothers" (and got a production credit for his work on "Daybreak Over the Ocean" on the TWGMTR album, as they used his version and then just laid some BB vocals over it). Fauerso was also a vocalist/keyboardist in "Celebration." So I'd guess that was the Paul at the show.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 12:42:16 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
shadownoze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: October 12, 2015, 03:32:44 PM »

I Googled his name and you are indeed correct; that's the fellow who sang Help Me Rhonda in San Antonio.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: October 12, 2015, 07:26:38 PM »

I think Paul Fauerso produced some of Mike's 70s stuff and also worked with him on the 2000s "Mike Love Not War" stuff including "Pisces Brothers" (and got a production credit for his work on "Daybreak Over the Ocean" on the TWGMTR album, as they used his version and then just laid some BB vocals over it). Fauerso was also a vocalist/keyboardist in "Celebration." So I'd guess that was the Paul at the show.

I Googled his name and you are indeed correct; that's the fellow who sang Help Me Rhonda in San Antonio.

I just love when a mystery such as this is solved so quickly. Kudos!!

Junkstar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: October 15, 2015, 02:12:22 PM »

Mike and Bruce have 34 shows booked across Nov and Dec. Very impressive. Great to see them still at it.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1722 on: October 15, 2015, 02:29:41 PM »

Mike and Bruce have 34 shows booked across Nov and Dec. Very impressive. Great to see them still at it.

I think they are doing 175ish shows this year! The most they've ever done in a year. This includes private shows.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1723 on: October 15, 2015, 03:00:16 PM »

I think Paul Fauerso produced some of Mike's 70s stuff...

Specifically, First Love.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: October 15, 2015, 04:06:32 PM »

To KDS---- I have not seen the Dennis film  of Do You Wanna Dance...but can assure you it is highly unlikely to be from Ready, Steady, Go. They never performed it on RSG. Most likely clip is from Shindig or Hullabaloo
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx