gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 05:02:13 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2015  (Read 393545 times)
BriansBack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: August 05, 2015, 06:52:24 PM »

Got a few 2nd row tix for the upcoming Rochester,NY show in October, but checked back a few times on the ticket site and see they have only sold 30 or so tix! Hope that it's just some error with the site or else I don't see a show happening!
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: August 06, 2015, 10:27:01 PM »

I'd f**king love to see the Temptations, you ingrates!  LOL

WHY?  OH, I get it, it's that Highlander thing

I don't even know what you mean by that, so suffice to say it isn't.
BB Universe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: August 08, 2015, 08:51:09 AM »

Went to the Chautauqua, NY show last night. Sold out show (the 10 of us had 2nd and 3rd row seats). I've seen the Beach Boys, Brian, Mike & Bruce, whatever, 35 times dating back to the early '70's and this was one of the best shows I've seen. They were on fire! Mike was spot on and having fun; Bruce had the lead on numerous songs and was in top form; Jeff, Scott, and Bryan ("Ike") were great; and John Cowsill was fantastic (including his show ending drum "solo"). The concert itself was an amazing 51 songs, lasting 2 hours, 55 minutes (with an intermission). It had to satisfy those who want the hits as well as those who like some "rarities" from a deep catalogue not often heard. The set list:
Surfin                                        Cailfornia Dreamin
Catch A Wave                             Sloop John B
It's OK                                       Wouldn't It Be Nice
Don't Back Down                         Then I Kissed Her
Little Honda                                California Girls    
Do It Again                                 Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring (nailed it)
Goin To The Beach                       Warmth Of The Sun
Surfin Safari                                Disney Girls (Bruce sounded great)
Surfer Girl                                   All This Is That (a personal fav)
Wendy                                        All I Wanna Do (Mike sounded great)
Farmer's Daughter                       God Only Knows (Carl video)
You're So Good To Me                  Pisces Brothers
Good To My Baby                        Good Vibrations
Why Do Fools                              Do You Wanna Dance (nod to Dennis)
When I Grow Up                          All Summer Long
Darlin                                         Help Me Rhonda (we did our traditional strut)
Be True To Your School                Rock and Roll Music
Keep An Eye On Summer             Barbara Ann
Let Him Run Wild                         Surfin USA
Please Let Me Wonder                  Kokomo
Kiss Me Baby                               Fun, Fun, Fun (with Cowsill a "dumming maniac" at the end)
I Can Hear Music
Ballad Of Old Betsy
Getcha Back
Still Cruisin
Don't Worry Baby
Deuce Coupe
Shut Down
I Get Around
**Intermission**
Great show, great performances.......thanks to Mike, Bruce and the band for a fun night!

« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 02:55:29 PM by BB Universe » Logged
Bhw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: August 08, 2015, 10:18:48 AM »

With 57 shows under my belt - of all band versions - I decided that the Chautaugua show was the best I've ever seen.  Band on fire, great setlist and dancing all night for a welcome change.  Not dancing at a BB concert is a violation of etiquette, IMO.

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1629 on: August 08, 2015, 11:18:05 AM »

My turn tonight.  The whole area can't wait.  People've been talkin' about it non-stop for weeks.  I want them all to have the best time ever and remember this concert for as long as they live.  I'm sure the Boys will deliver. Cool Guy

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
gfac22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: August 08, 2015, 03:11:42 PM »

I was at Chautauqua last night too.  All I can add is great show (51 songs!!), and aside from the C50 show I saw, the best BB show I've ever seen (including every other one they've played at Chautauqua since 2000).  I was really surprised by all the deep cuts, some I'd never heard in concert before.  I sent Mike a request for All I Wanna Do on his Facebook page, and I don't know if it made any difference or not, but I was ecstatic that they played it.  I like to think it was played for me Smiley  I was lucky enough to grab a pic with Mike & Bruce before the show and had a chance to say hello to Jeff Foskett.  Bruce was chatty and very cool.  Mike didn't say much but we shook hands and said hello.  Jeff was cool too, I wish I would have been able to talk to him more but I didn't want to bother him too much.

I picked up a tour program which is very nice, and a hat, but I was a little disappointed with the shirt selection.  I'll be seeing Brian & Al in October and they definitely have their work cut out for them.  I have no doubt it will be a great show, but the bar was really raised last night for me.  All I can say is it's a gift that ANY of the Beach Boys are still out there performing, and that they're playing such long and varied and deep sets takes it to another level.  Regardless of what you may think about the touring band, you really owe it to yourself to see them if you can. 
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: August 08, 2015, 03:42:34 PM »

Wow great setlist!! Hoping for a similar one this week in New Haven, CT!
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1632 on: August 08, 2015, 09:03:43 PM »

Tonight in Chatham we DID not get these songs from the set list the other night.  Everything else was pretty much the same.

Let Him Run Wild                         
Please Let Me Wonder                 
Kiss Me Baby
Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring
 Warmth Of The Sun
  Disney Girls
  All This Is That 
  All I Wanna Do

I am leaving early in the morning for an 8 hour drive.  Gotta get to bed.   All I can say is the show was really, truly excellent.  First rate.  Fun.  The place was vitually sold out and the crowd ate it UP.  Had a brief chat with Bruce as they were leaving the stage for the intermisson...but I had to step away from him to deal with an on-stage giveaway and basically had to leave him high and dry which was rude...but duty called...the show must go on etc.  God I'm glad I went.

The Beach Boys get wrongly buried by a few folks here who, after seeing and hearing them perform myself, are just plain WRONG.  This is a talented band and they HONOUR the music and the vibe.  Instrumentally and vocally they nailed it.  [I was going to say Jeff was great...but that isn't fair.  They ALL were.]

I'd give it a virtual 9 out of 10. Cool Guy

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: August 08, 2015, 09:12:17 PM »

Tonight in Chatham we DID not get these songs from the set list the other night.  Everything else was pretty much the same.

Let Him Run Wild                         
Please Let Me Wonder                 
Kiss Me Baby
Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring
 Warmth Of The Sun
  Disney Girls
  All This Is That 
  All I Wanna Do

I am leaving early in the morning for an 8 hour drive.  Gotta get to bed.   All I can say is the show was really, truly excellent.  First rate.  Fun.  The place was vitually sold out and the crowd ate it UP.  Had a brief chat with Bruce as they were leaving the stage for the intermisson...but I had to step away from him to deal with an on-stage giveaway and basically had to leave him high and dry which was rude...but duty called...the show must go on etc.  God I'm glad I went.

The Beach Boys get wrongly buried by a few folks here who, after seeing and hearing them perform myself, are just plain WRONG.  This is a talented band and they HONOUR the music and the vibe.  Instrumentally and vocally they nailed it.  [I was going to say Jeff was great...but that isn't fair.  They ALL were.]

I'd give it a virtual 9 out of 10. Cool Guy

Glad you had a great time. I must admit I'd have been gutted to miss out on those songs, but even the bare hits is a great night guaranteed if they're being performed to a high degree. Jeff will always stand out I guess because Carl's parts always did and vocally as far as I know, Jeff is the closest you can get to Carl.
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: August 09, 2015, 05:51:14 PM »

With 57 shows under my belt - of all band versions - I decided that the Chautaugua show was the best I've ever seen.  Band on fire, great setlist and dancing all night for a welcome change.  Not dancing at a BB concert is a violation of etiquette, IMO.

57 concerts, that's a lot. But what years does that cover?
Bhw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: August 09, 2015, 05:57:35 PM »

I started in 1986 and saw them once a year for awhile. Then, I went on a rampage!!!!   10 concerts this year !
thebitchboys
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: August 09, 2015, 07:09:29 PM »

I sent Mike a request for All I Wanna Do on his Facebook page, and I don't know if it made any difference or not, but I was ecstatic that they played it. 

I'll be seeing them on Tuesday; this is my favorite song and I can't believe they're actually playing it live!

My name is hard to pronounce, I like old people, and I am stoked. Whatever that means.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: August 09, 2015, 09:18:31 PM »

I have an opportunity to see them for the third time this year.        thought I was done but they'll be at the Mountain Winery in San Jose during my trip to Monterey CA this year..     and as it happens, it will be my 3rd time seeing them at that venue.     the stars seemed to be aligned for me to spend a night at the Saratoga Inn This September.
Is this excessive fan behavior?   
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1638 on: August 09, 2015, 10:49:25 PM »

Not even close. I think the topper has to be the friend of mine teaching English as a foreign language at an agricultural college in deepest rural China who, for the London BWPS premiere, hopped on the Trans-Mongolian Express to Moscow then flew to London.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 10:50:17 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: August 17, 2015, 01:18:15 PM »

Well, got a pair of tix for tomorrow night in Lancaster again...David Marks WILL be appearing with them and it should be on the longer side.

David adds so much musically to this group...I couldn't resist. Hoping for "All I Wanna Do"...also hoping to get David's signature on my C50 meet and greet pic like Mike and Bruce's.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: August 17, 2015, 05:20:38 PM »

Saw him with them in New Haven, wish he had a larger role. Only sang Getcha Back and really no intro at all as to who he is. Maybe he wants it that way. I got the longer show but got Til I Die in place of All I Wanna Do. Which was great with Jeff on lead, but was hoping for AIWD because I had never heard it before.
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: August 17, 2015, 07:05:44 PM »

Well, got a pair of tix for tomorrow night in Lancaster again...David Marks WILL be appearing with them and it should be on the longer side.

David adds so much musically to this group...I couldn't resist. Hoping for "All I Wanna Do"...also hoping to get David's signature on my C50 meet and greet pic like Mike and Bruce's.

Also got a ticket for Lancaster even though I was already scheduled to see them this Sunday in Virginia. Agree that David Marks being there and the potential for a longer theater show convinced me to make the 2 hour drive. Already heard All I Wanna Do Live but since in my top 5 BB songs would love to hear it again. Thinking we'll see a 40+ song set so I'm sure we'll get some other deep cuts.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: August 17, 2015, 07:18:07 PM »

Also got a ticket for Lancaster even though I was already scheduled to see them this Sunday in Virginia. Agree that David Marks being there and the potential for a longer theater show convinced me to make the 2 hour drive. Already heard All I Wanna Do Live but since in my top 5 BB songs would love to hear it again. Thinking we'll see a 40+ song set so I'm sure we'll get some other deep cuts.

Nice! I went on the website today and pulled up tenth row dead center aisle seats just like that! Seems they're all gone now!

I considered Wolf Trap but I really do not like the staff or customer care at all down there. I had a very bad experience at Ringo's stop there last year. Plus, it's an afternoon show...I suspect it will be a pretty standard set. But I do have high hopes for a handful of deepcuts tomorrow night!
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: August 17, 2015, 07:32:19 PM »

Nice! I went on the website today and pulled up tenth row dead center aisle seats just like that! Seems they're all gone now!

I considered Wolf Trap but I really do not like the staff or customer care at all down there. I had a very bad experience at Ringo's stop there last year. Plus, it's an afternoon show...I suspect it will be a pretty standard set. But I do have high hopes for a handful of deepcuts tomorrow night!
Yeah the afternoon start time kinda threw me off at Wolf Trap but it should be an enjoyable Sunday so I just went with some lawn tix, I'm sure it will be a meat and potatoes 38 song in and out set but David Marks will also be there and man for some reason he makes things a lot better haha. Still between the two I'm sure I'll get some deep cuts I've never heard.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: August 17, 2015, 08:05:20 PM »

Yeah the afternoon start time kinda threw me off at Wolf Trap but it should be an enjoyable Sunday so I just went with some lawn tix, I'm sure it will be a meat and potatoes 38 song in and out set but David Marks will also be there and man for some reason he makes things a lot better haha. Still between the two I'm sure I'll get some deep cuts I've never heard.

Absolutely! All I Wanna Do, Till I Die, You Still Believe in Me...any one (or all!) of them would really mean a lot to me!

Have you ever waited around for the guys outside afterwards? I was lucky enough to have Mr. Scott Totten's help in getting Mike and Bruce's autographs but I worry about the short notice this time, he may not be able to help me...
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: August 18, 2015, 10:12:45 PM »

Quick review from tonight. A few deep cuts All This Is That, Let Me Wonder and Kiss Me Baby. Band sounds better than ever and David Marks adds so much to the bands sound even though he needs to be doing more! Got Mike and Bruce to sign my That's Why God Made the Radio CD after the show. Mike even asked me what it was as he didn't know the cover  LOL. Got David to sign my Lost Beach Boy Book he enjoyed seeing that to sign. Anyway great show band great (especially Ike I must say wow!) would recomend seeing them if you get the chance, the set is great these days now too.

Here's the set from tonight: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-beach-boys/2015/american-music-theatre-lancaster-pa-63f7f217.html
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: August 18, 2015, 10:26:43 PM »

This was my sixth time seeing Mike and Bruce and was hands down the best of all six. Don't get me wrong, C50 is still the end all be all...none of these solo endeavors will top that. But this was definitely the best Mike and Bruce I've seen.

The audience sucked. That's the only negative comment I have and I knew I'd have that going into it. The crowds at The American Music Theatre are old country bumpkins that want to hear Fun, Fun, Fun...but leave before they play it......anyway!

I arrived at the venue at 7pm (showtime was 8pm) and I just happened to be walking by and notice a few people still waiting by the stage door. Next thing I know, here comes Mike! There were two autograph hounds there with huge stacks of LP's and one of the band's guys was really grinding them. Mike said he wasn't signing anything, I'm guessing because they were there and silently went in the stage door...honestly, he looked like he had just woke up! I was informed that everyone else was already inside.

The sound in this theatre is marvelous. However, everyone in the band (except Mike) were constantly complaining to their soundman about their monitor levels literally all night long. It was exceptionally more than usual. The opening surf "medley" (though none of the songs truly connected) felt a little shaky, but all the guys were loose and having fun with it. They never announced it as such, but after "Surfer Girl" and "Farmer's Daughter" they did 8 consecutive songs from 1965, I'm guessing to honor the anniversary? "Please Let Me Wonder" and "Kiss Me Baby" were exceptionally gorgeous. Ike is absolutely an upgrade from Randel in the touring band. He took leads on "Farmer's Daughter" "I'm So Young" and a few other spots...but it was just so crisp yet soulful...very comparable to Mr. Wilson...

Jeff & Scott both sounded great on their leads which were often shared with one another. The last time I saw them, there was a cold going around the band and it showed...this was lightyears better. I'd like to hear more from John Cowsill who now only sings "California Dreamin'" and "Help Me Rhonda".....at least bring back "Wild Honey"! We did get some post Pet-Sounds "deep cuts" (I'm a bit liberal with that term here) in the second set like "Disney Girls" "I Can Hear Music" and most notably, "All This is That". I also greatly appreciated the absence of "Rock and Roll Music" and "Do You Wanna Dance"...totally unnecessary.

So the big draw for me was having David Marks there and as said previously here, he is under-used. His leads are so brilliant...but we didn't get many of them. He only sang "Getcha Back" and spent much of the second set off stage...maybe he wants it that way, I was just hoping there would be more from him.

So on the encore, a few folks started to gather at the edge of the stage and naturally my girlfriend and I got right down in front of Bruce. Him and Mike were incredibly interactive with us and others during the encore and she especially enjoyed it, having never been close like that before. Bruce must have seen me getting my photograph out during "Fun, Fun, Fun" because he immediately looked at me and made an autograph motion ith his hand. I waved him over and pointed to David on the picture and he took it right over to him! David signed and it and then passed it to Mike who was between them...now, Mike and Bruce have already signed this picture (my C50 meet and greet photo).....but Mike signed it again...right over Brian in the picture. I'd like to think it was an honest mistake  LOL

As they were walking off I called up to Mike and asked for a setlist off the floor, he obliged and sent a roadie over to pull it up and give it to me...of course, then four other folks wanted one...sorry for the long write-up, but I know I always like to read what folks experience on here, so hopefully some of you appreciate this too!

The setlist posted at setlist.com or whatever is accurate as seen here: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-beach-boys/2015/american-music-theatre-lancaster-pa-63f7f217.html
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: August 19, 2015, 05:36:39 AM »

Great reviews, guys! I'm definitely feeling a bit short changed with the Temptations and curfew shortened set last month. Brian Eichenberger is brilliant and, with the addition of Foskett, this iteration of the band is not to be missed. Jealous you got David, too!
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: August 23, 2015, 04:29:16 PM »

Quick review of today's wolf trap show. Since the show was at 3 I was expecting a short set but instead we got 42 songs and two hours of fantastic music! Crowd was very energetic and sold out including lawn. Let Him Run Wild was the deep cut we got and man was I happy to hear it, wanted to hear that song live for so long Scott does an amazing job on it. We also got It's Ok and Don't Back Down which are semi deep cuts. Please Let Me Wonder, Kiss Me Baby, I'm So Young and You're So Good To Me were also in the set but the seem like semi regulars now. Great show amazing once more, once again no matter what side you're on M&B do an amazing job and with David there the band is even better.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: August 23, 2015, 08:24:22 PM »

Quick review of today's wolf trap show. Since the show was at 3 I was expecting a short set but instead we got 42 songs and two hours of fantastic music! Crowd was very energetic and sold out including lawn. Let Him Run Wild was the deep cut we got and man was I happy to hear it, wanted to hear that song live for so long Scott does an amazing job on it. We also got It's Ok and Don't Back Down which are semi deep cuts. Please Let Me Wonder, Kiss Me Baby, I'm So Young and You're So Good To Me were also in the set but the seem like semi regulars now. Great show amazing once more, once again no matter what side you're on M&B do an amazing job and with David there the band is even better.

Not a bad set at all! I've yet to hear "Let Him Run Wild", but looking at the full set online I think I'm happier with what I got in Lancaster, several more I hadn't heard before on that list than VA. Glad you got so many great chances this summer!!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 75 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx