gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:07:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2015  (Read 390967 times)
KDS
« Reply #975 on: May 21, 2015, 11:54:02 AM »

I think it'll be interesting to see if the "new" songs from Summer Days...stick around for the rest of Mike and Bruce's dates in the UK and when returning to the states. They're playing North and South of Baltimore in Lancaster, PA and Vienna, VA....a decent setlist shake-up just might ignite a bug in me to go!

I have tickets for the show in Vienna.  I'm hoping for some deep cuts, but it seems like The Beach Boys give the UK much better setlists than the states. 

Heck, even on the C50 Tour, when they played 48 songs when I saw them in Maryland, the UK got 61 at the Royal Albert Hall.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: May 21, 2015, 01:23:02 PM »

I think it'll be interesting to see if the "new" songs from Summer Days...stick around for the rest of Mike and Bruce's dates in the UK and when returning to the states. They're playing North and South of Baltimore in Lancaster, PA and Vienna, VA....a decent setlist shake-up just might ignite a bug in me to go!

I have tickets for the show in Vienna.  I'm hoping for some deep cuts, but it seems like The Beach Boys give the UK much better setlists than the states. 

Heck, even on the C50 Tour, when they played 48 songs when I saw them in Maryland, the UK got 61 at the Royal Albert Hall.

Yeah...the C50 set at Merriweather was perfect. That was just a perfect day all around. No Beach Boys concert experience will ever top that for me.

I had a horrible experience at Wolf Trap with the staff and parking at last summer's Ringo concert so I'm still a little bitter about returning. But, The Beach Boys are 3pm on a Sunday afternoon...which also makes me think this will be a greatest hits kind of show. If we get any of the "new" songs, I think they're more likely to be heard in Lancaster since it's an indoor theatre vs. Wolf trap.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #977 on: May 21, 2015, 02:18:25 PM »

The show I saw in 2005 at the Lancaster AMT was a kinda halfway house between the UK theater shows and the US GH+ setlist. Thus:

1. California Girls
2. Do It Again
3. Surfin' Safari
4. Catch A Wave
5. Hawaii
6. Dance, Dance, Dance
7. Do You Wanna Dance?
8. Little Honda
9. Surfer Girl
10. Don't Worry Baby
11. You're So Good To Me
12. Darlin'
13. The Warmth Of The Sun
14. Wendy
15. Getcha Back
16. Then I Kissed Her
17. Duke of Earl
18. Come Go With Me
19. Why Do Fools Fall In Love?
20. Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring
21. In My Room
22. 'Til I Die
23. All This Is That
24. When I Grow Up (To Be A Man)
25. California Dreamin'
26. Disney Girls
27. God Only Knows
28. Sail On Sailor
29. I Can Hear Music
30. Still Cruisin'
31. Little Deuce Coupe
32. 409
33. The Little Old Lady From Pasadena
34. Shut Down
35. I Get Around
36. Good Vibrations
37. Sloop John B.
38. Wouldn't It Be Nice
39. Help Me, Rhonda
40. Barbara Ann
41. Surfin USA

Encore:
42. Kokomo
43. Fun, Fun, Fun

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #978 on: May 21, 2015, 03:26:19 PM »

I 'get' Kokomo being important to Mike.  It was a huge hit and their most recent.  I think shows need to be changed up from time to time though.  The same thing every year is...well...it's the same thing every year.

I would make Fun-cubed the 2nd last song in the main set...and Kokomo the last song.  Then...yahoo...yeahhh...more/more/more...Beach Boys...yabadabadoooo.

Encore.

Good Vibrations
I Get Around.

[gone.]

ps...I also think Brian needs to give Fun-cubed a rest as the ultimate song.  [and nobody should do Barbara Ann for at least 4 more years.]

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: May 21, 2015, 03:41:52 PM »

The show I saw in 2005 at the Lancaster AMT was a kinda halfway house between the UK theater shows and the US GH+ setlist. Thus:

1. California Girls
2. Do It Again
3. Surfin' Safari
4. Catch A Wave
5. Hawaii
6. Dance, Dance, Dance
7. Do You Wanna Dance?
8. Little Honda
9. Surfer Girl
10. Don't Worry Baby
11. You're So Good To Me
12. Darlin'
14. Wendy
15. Getcha Back
16. Then I Kissed Her
17. Duke of Earl
18. Come Go With Me
21. In My Room
22. 'Til I Die
23. All This Is That
25. California Dreamin'
26. Disney Girls
27. God Only Knows
28. Sail On Sailor
29. I Can Hear Music
30. Still Cruisin'
31. Little Deuce Coupe
32. 409
34. Shut Down
35. I Get Around
36. Good Vibrations
37. Sloop John B.
38. Wouldn't It Be Nice
39. Help Me, Rhonda
40. Barbara Ann
41. Surfin USA

Encore:
42. Kokomo
43. Fun, Fun, Fun

Damn. Deep cuts. They gave you "Duke of Earl", "Barbara Ann" and "Still Cruisin'"? Musta been a great time to see them. Too bad they couldn't at least have thrown in Beach Boys classics like "Surf City" and "Little GTO"!

Nah. Just kidding. Seeing any combination of Beach Boys doing "'Til I Die", "All This Is That", "Sail On Sailor" and others is pretty sweet. And I kinda like "Still Cruisin'" too. So I wouldn't have minded it!  Grin
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: May 21, 2015, 10:38:13 PM »

1. California Girls
2. Do It Again
3. Surfin' Safari
4. Catch A Wave
5. Hawaii
6. Dance, Dance, Dance
7. Do You Wanna Dance?
8. Little Honda
9. Surfer Girl
10. Don't Worry Baby
11. You're So Good To Me
12. Darlin'
14. Wendy
15. Getcha Back
16. Then I Kissed Her
17. Duke of Earl
18. Come Go With Me
21. In My Room
22. 'Til I Die
23. All This Is That
25. California Dreamin'
26. Disney Girls
27. God Only Knows
28. Sail On Sailor
29. I Can Hear Music
30. Still Cruisin'
31. Little Deuce Coupe
32. 409
34. Shut Down
35. I Get Around
36. Good Vibrations
37. Sloop John B.
38. Wouldn't It Be Nice
39. Help Me, Rhonda
40. Barbara Ann
41. Surfin USA

Encore:
42. Kokomo
43. Fun, Fun, Fun

I saw them there last summer and it was about ten songs shorter...the only unusual songs were "Please Let Me Wonder" and "Still Cruisin"...otherwise, standard set.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #981 on: May 21, 2015, 11:04:21 PM »

Damn. Deep cuts. They gave you "Duke of Earl", "Barbara Ann" and "Still Cruisin'"? Musta been a great time to see them. Too bad they couldn't at least have thrown in Beach Boys classics like "Surf City" and "Little GTO"!

Nah. Just kidding. Seeing any combination of Beach Boys doing "'Til I Die", "All This Is That", "Sail On Sailor" and others is pretty sweet. And I kinda like "Still Cruisin'" too. So I wouldn't have minded it!  Grin

When they did "'Til I Die" in London, 2004, I nearly fell over. When they did it in Lancaster about six months later, I pretty much did.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: May 22, 2015, 12:16:21 AM »

I think with the advent of Goth and Emo Mike has twigged to the commercial potential of the downer song. If the BBs started today he'd be screaming about how tough it is to be a white, middle class suburban kid growing up in America and how 'no one gets him'.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #983 on: May 22, 2015, 12:44:47 AM »

I think with the advent of Goth and Emo Mike has twigged to the commercial potential of the downer song. If the BBs started today he'd be screaming about how tough it is to be a white, middle class suburban kid growing up in America and how 'no one gets him'.
An d Dennis would have been into parkour. Mike would use his friend's guest pass to a parkour club in 2008 and would've written Do it Again.

KDS
« Reply #984 on: May 22, 2015, 06:31:41 AM »

Yeah...the C50 set at Merriweather was perfect. That was just a perfect day all around. No Beach Boys concert experience will ever top that for me.

I had a horrible experience at Wolf Trap with the staff and parking at last summer's Ringo concert so I'm still a little bitter about returning. But, The Beach Boys are 3pm on a Sunday afternoon...which also makes me think this will be a greatest hits kind of show. If we get any of the "new" songs, I think they're more likely to be heard in Lancaster since it's an indoor theatre vs. Wolf trap.

In all honesty, I was really just a casual BB fan before I saw that Merriweather show.  I had my Sounds of Summer / Warmth of the Sun anthology and a copy of Pet Sounds when I bought a lawn seat at the last second.  I expected a good show, but I was not expecting to be completely blown away and transformed into a BB/BW diehard. 
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: May 22, 2015, 08:57:22 AM »

In all honesty, I was really just a casual BB fan before I saw that Merriweather show.  I had my Sounds of Summer / Warmth of the Sun anthology and a copy of Pet Sounds when I bought a lawn seat at the last second.  I expected a good show, but I was not expecting to be completely blown away and transformed into a BB/BW diehard. 

Everyone was in top form. It was nothing short of a spiritual experience and except for Paul McCartney and maybe Billy Joel, it's near the top of concert tours I've seen.
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: May 23, 2015, 06:56:37 PM »

Anyone seen a Mike and Bruce show since they supposedly changed their setlist? Saw a video of Don't Back Down from a couple of nights ago
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 23, 2015, 07:36:56 PM »

what do the folks who have seen the Ike/ Cowsill bass - drums section think of this in comparison to Kirsch/Cowsill?    Me thinks that chemistry doesn't just come together over night.   I guess I'll find out next month.    Saw them in March withJeff instead of Christian.  next month I see yet another configuration with Randell out and Ike in.    I'm wondering how Scott T.   Handles coordinating all of these personnel changes?

Are you reading this Scotty?   
Nicko1234
« Reply #988 on: May 25, 2015, 02:37:57 AM »

They have changed the setlist quite a lot over the last few shows which possible indicates some of the deep cuts that will be played in the U.K. Some of the songs performed recently include:

You Still Believe in Me
Here Today
Disney Girls
You`re So Good To Me
Kiss Me Baby
It`s OK
Pisces Brothers
Don`t Back Down
Good to My Baby
Cottonfields (a cert in the UK of course)
Betsy
Spring
Wendy
Goin to the Beach
Wild Honey etc.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #989 on: May 25, 2015, 10:58:05 AM »

Eh... nothing they've not played over here since 2008.

Nicko1234
« Reply #990 on: May 25, 2015, 03:58:35 PM »

Eh... nothing they've not played over here since 2008.

Sure but I guess my point was that those are a lot of deep cuts for them to have rotated over the space of a week or so. Doubtless several of them will end up in the UK sets...

Obviously I would expect things like All This is That and Forever to turn up as well as hopefully some surprises.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 25, 2015, 08:33:59 PM »

They have changed the setlist quite a lot over the last few shows which possible indicates some of the deep cuts that will be played in the U.K. Some of the songs performed recently include:

You Still Believe in Me
Here Today
Disney Girls
You`re So Good To Me
Kiss Me Baby
It`s OK
Pisces Brothers
Don`t Back Down
Good to My Baby
Cottonfields (a cert in the UK of course)
Betsy
Spring
Wendy
Goin to the Beach
Wild Honey etc.

I'd love to hear "Here Today"...the clip from January of that was really nice. They need to embrace the more artsy stuff that still features Mike on lead...that'll be the best way to please the general fans and the few big fans that get out to see them. "That's Not Me" has been disgustingly ignored over the years.
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 26, 2015, 11:33:20 PM »

I more sleep 'till I break by BBV...absolutely cannot wait! I'm also looking forward to raiding the merch stall...big time....

Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Love You, Adult/Child
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 27, 2015, 12:29:10 AM »

Given their using a brass section at the London gigs, I'm hoping they're going to include the Floral Dance. The bass vocals are within Mike's range, easy.

http://youtu.be/T3Y4HufJ1oE

“We live in divisive times.”
jamesellaby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 27, 2015, 12:43:38 AM »

I more sleep 'till I break by BBV...absolutely cannot wait! I'm also looking forward to raiding the merch stall...big time....

Anyone know what merch tends to be available?
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 27, 2015, 04:49:03 AM »

Plus another hat and some flip flops. The Summer Days shirt looks real nice.
jamesellaby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 27, 2015, 05:15:47 AM »

If that Summer Days tee is there, I'll definitely be getting it. Anyone want to get me some money?
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 27, 2015, 05:36:11 AM »

Wow...I really like that Summer Days shirt! Last year their merch sucked...if I find myself in front of one of these tables this year...I know what I'll be leaving with!
Mayoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 27, 2015, 04:31:48 PM »

Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring w/ an orchestra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33eUYcG25Kc

Worth reading the description in the video as well and looking at the setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-beach-boys/2015/metro-park-jacksonville-fl-1bc86578.html
jamesellaby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 27, 2015, 04:33:16 PM »

Excellent show in Manchester tonight, no idea how many songs but 8pm til 11pm with a 20 min intro. Amazing to hear them do stuff like Til I Die and Kiss Me Baby, and the mini Smile set of Heroes And Villains followed by Surf's Up was certainly pleasant...
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 75 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx