gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681014 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 03:36:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2015  (Read 395514 times)
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #575 on: February 11, 2015, 08:42:40 PM »

Nope, when you're sent to the cornfield here, you're gone like long pants in Bruce's wardrobe trailer .... You can't even lurk or get PM's.

Not even lurk? That's tough. Welcome back Pinder, I was sorry to see you gone.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 11, 2015, 08:47:47 PM »

Thanks Micha.

The break was actually nice... I was able to listen to The Beach Boys and just enjoy it rather than having to rush over here and see what was going on. Also, this little exile saved me a couple months at least in data overages  Evil

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 11, 2015, 11:28:54 PM »

I'm back and I would have something to add, but I'm not saying a gosh darn thing ever again for fear of the Brain Police!

Happy lurking kids Smiley

You were gone?  I thought you just changed your name

Nope, when you're sent to the cornfield here, you're gone like long pants in Bruce's wardrobe trailer .... You can't even lurk or get PM's.

Hey, wazzup Pinder. We have our differences sometimes, but nice to have you back.

When's the last time Bruce was spotted wearing pants at a BB show?

stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 12, 2015, 12:50:04 AM »

We need Scott T to chime in on that, but I personally believe (based on YouTubedotal evidence) that Bruce wears pants most of the time now. The short shorts thing is a relic of decades past, and what's really a curiosity/burning question is when is the last time Bruce sported a mustache onstage....?

No mas, por favor.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 12, 2015, 12:51:09 AM »

And even though he won't read it, I'd like to thank Bruce for his contributions on California Girls and God Only Knows. Those timeless songs wouldn't be the same without your vocal contributions.

No mas, por favor.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #580 on: March 06, 2015, 05:56:20 PM »

I didn't want to start a whole new thread when THIS one exists...so...I'm resurrecting it...

I definitely wanted to keep this separate from the Brian Wilson tour thread too...but THIS will be a GREAT summer for *me* personally as Mike, Bruce, Jeff [and David I would guess], along with Scott who posts here from time to time will all be here August 8th for a concert outdoors at Tecumseh Park in the City of Chatham.  Without a doubt THIS is the biggest 'name' concert EVER for the immediate area.  Previously all the BIG shows affecting us here would have been held at venues in Detroit, Windsor, Sarnia, London or further down the 401 in Toronto.

The Chatham/Kent population sits at approximately 105,000 people.  When I moved here 6 months ago I was looking at a house right across the road from the park on William Street.  Instead I ended up about 25 minutes north of the venue.  [a better area for boating]  July 5...I'll make the drive to Detroit to catch Brian, Al and Blondie.  34 days later I'll get to do it again Beach Boys style.  Pinch me.  Brian announced his tour dates yesterday afternoon.  The Beach Boys show, which Mike said would happen last Novmber, was confirmed by the promoters this morning about 17 hours after Brian's fabulous news.  This is going to be the best summer I've had in decades.

Brian Wilson... ... ...The Beach Boys... ... ...Me.  All in one summer?   Cool Guy  Did I say "pinch me"?  Wink

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 06, 2015, 08:14:11 PM »

BRI says David is only confirmed for the UK tour. That doesn't rule out him playing other shows, but that's all he's listed for.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 08:15:12 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #582 on: March 07, 2015, 11:58:57 AM »

I'm only hoping...but heh!!!  Spring is but 2 weeks away and hope springs eternal Emdeeh. LOL

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 10, 2015, 06:44:35 AM »

Anyone received their RAH tickets yet?  From Stargreen, or the RAH itself?

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 12, 2015, 11:46:20 AM »

They're coming to my neck of the woods on July 25, for a free concert. Hell yeah I'm going.
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 12, 2015, 12:59:44 PM »

Nope. I have bought VIP ticket to the saturday concert and a regular to sunday's.
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 12, 2015, 01:55:43 PM »

I'm going to start referring to events like this latest 50th Anniversary billing as a "Niekro moment", in honor of the former major league pitching brothers Phil and Joe Niekro. Every time something like this happens, I'll post for my own amusement a picture of one of the Niekro brothers as a reply.

For those who are baseball fans (I know a few of you definitely are), I'm sure you remember or have at least heard of Phil and Joe. Phil is in the Hall Of Fame, while Joe has one of the more infamous moments in baseball-blooper history that gets replayed constantly to his credit.

For those unfamiliar with baseball, here is the rundown. The Niekro brothers were knuckleballers, which meant they'd throw junk from the mound, average speed around 70 mph (while the average is around 90 in the MLB today), but their pitches would dance more than Fred Astaire as they reached the batter. So these guys pitched beyond the age limit of most pitchers because their arms didn't wear out as much as normal pitchers.

But beyond that, they were known to employ several methods of "doctoring" the ball, in fact if doctoring the ball were a profession, the Niekros would be like neurosurgeons their field. Rumors of them doing everything from hiding Vaseline in the bill of their cap to throw a spitter, hiding a swatch of sandpaper inside their glove to scuff the ball, sharpening a fingernail so they could cut into the stitching on the ball, stashing nail files and other sharp or rough tools in their pockets, etc. It ran the gamut. But if they pitched for you, it was funny and you were glad to have them. If your team couldn't hit for sh*t against one of the brothers, you'd be mad. Typical sports fan stuff.

So one game, Joe Niekro was pitching, throwing his usual knucklers, eephus pitches, and all-out junk to the batters, and something that day must have made his pitches look like the ball was dancing the Tarantella in front of the batters, because the game was stopped and the umps started coming towards Niekro on the mound.

Joe Niekro must have forgotten he was pitching in a televised game, in a stadium with at least 30,000 fans watching, and with the full umpiring crew and other players around the mound. Because in front of everyone, ol' Joe tries to reach into his back pocket and throw away a nail file which he had been hiding during the game. Then he puts up his hands in a "what did I do?" pose, and one of the people on the mound spotted the file hitting the dirt...then the umpire sees it, and immediately ejects Joe, followed by a 10-game suspension by the league.

It's the fact that Joe was so bad at trying to hide the fact that he had just thrown a nail file out of his back pocket in front of everyone, then gives the "I didn't do it" hand/arm gesture that makes it so funny. If this Gif translates to the board, here it is, the ultimate "Niekro moment" in honor of the knuckleballing, ball-doctoring Niekro brothers:

Oh, Lord, I'd forgotten all about that incident! What a pair those two were (along with my man Gaylord Perry from the Giants, etc. and his tube of Vaseline and Hall of Fame ring). Opening Day in just a couple of weeks, my Giants replica World Series trophy all polished up, and me sitting here with a broken leg.  (BTW, the Giants pitcher you and I were talking about a few months ago, Stu Miller, died in earlier this year.)
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 12, 2015, 01:58:14 PM »

They're coming to my neck of the woods on July 25, for a free concert. Hell yeah I'm going.

If you don't mind me asking...where's your neck of the woods?
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 12, 2015, 02:29:41 PM »

Somerset,  Kentucky is where the concert is going to be. I live 30 minutes away from there, but I think of it as my neck of the woods. It's going to take place at a car show. Smiley

Here's the link. https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=203471236350839&tsid=0.7327763473149389&source=typeahead
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:40:21 PM by Mr. Raisin Blown » Logged
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 12, 2015, 03:15:45 PM »

Somerset,  Kentucky is where the concert is going to be. I live 30 minutes away from there, but I think of it as my neck of the woods. It's going to take place at a car show. Smiley

Here's the link. https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=203471236350839&tsid=0.7327763473149389&source=typeahead

That sounds like a great night! I'll be seeing Billy Joel about 20 minutes from MY neck of the woods! LOL
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 12, 2015, 05:04:43 PM »

That sounds great too. Hope you have fun. Smiley

That sounds like a great night! I'll be seeing Billy Joel about 20 minutes from MY neck of the woods! LOL
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 13, 2015, 04:31:56 AM »

Nope. I have bought VIP ticket to the saturday concert and a regular to sunday's.

Ah, so they've not been sent out.  Good to hear it.  I messed up my address a little, then phoned them to correct it, but with no ticket arriving, I've been getting antsy.  Thanks for letting me know!

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 13, 2015, 07:16:02 AM »

They should probably try to represent the current lineup a little more accurately...

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 07:16:58 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 13, 2015, 07:18:13 AM »

True advertising! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #594 on: March 13, 2015, 11:37:33 AM »

I've always been fond of this one as a publicity photo:

The bird is cool and all, but you see, the thing is, it did drugs back in the 60s. It was once a productive, dynamic bird, but.......

The bird came in at #3 on the charts, and that's not too bad, but it's not the sustained success we've been known to have in the past......

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #595 on: March 13, 2015, 11:41:16 AM »

On top of everything else, that ad just seem formatted poorly. Why did they use the awkward altered version of the BB logo, when there was clearly enough space for "Beach Boys" to all be in one line?

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 13, 2015, 11:52:48 AM »

For those who want to be picky......" THE BEACH BOY'S IN CONCERT ".     

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 13, 2015, 05:47:34 PM »

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 13, 2015, 10:14:09 PM »

I didn't want to start a whole new thread when THIS one exists...so...I'm resurrecting it...

I definitely wanted to keep this separate from the Brian Wilson tour thread too...but THIS will be a GREAT summer for *me* personally as Mike, Bruce, Jeff [and David I would guess], along with Scott who posts here from time to time will all be here August 8th for a concert outdoors at Tecumseh Park in the City of Chatham.  Without a doubt THIS is the biggest 'name' concert EVER for the immediate area.  Previously all the BIG shows affecting us here would have been held at venues in Detroit, Windsor, Sarnia, London or further down the 401 in Toronto.

The Chatham/Kent population sits at approximately 105,000 people.  When I moved here 6 months ago I was looking at a house right across the road from the park on William Street.  Instead I ended up about 25 minutes north of the venue.  [a better area for boating]  July 5...I'll make the drive to Detroit to catch Brian, Al and Blondie.  34 days later I'll get to do it again Beach Boys style.  Pinch me.  Brian announced his tour dates yesterday afternoon.  The Beach Boys show, which Mike said would happen last Novmber, was confirmed by the promoters this morning about 17 hours after Brian's fabulous news.  This is going to be the best summer I've had in decades.

Brian Wilson... ... ...The Beach Boys... ... ...Me.  All in one summer?   Cool Guy  Did I say "pinch me"?  Wink

Fantastic!  The chances of that happening for me down here are slim to none (boo).  Have a blast! Smiley
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 14, 2015, 07:20:36 AM »

I'm guessing some anti-mike wack job altered that photo simply for the sake of posting it on here...that is NOT how that photo is being used for advertising. Go right on their Facebook to see the whole thing...
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 75 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx